Ashley Furniture / poor customer service, managers are never available, loss of furniture

On March 22, 2007 I placed an order with Ashley Furnitures sales representative Andreas for the entire Mystic Chocolate collection for approximately $2400. I was informed that due to several back ordered items I would not receive my furniture until May 10th which was a little disappointing but would still arrive in time for the event I was catering on the 16th of May. Well I received a phone call on May 9th at 4pm confirming the delivery for the following day and then I received a voice mail at 6pm stating that the scheduled delivery was canceled. At this time both my husband and I already confirmed the day off and was growing concerned that I would not receive my items within the allocated time frame. So I requested to speak with the sales manager to explain to me what exactly is going on. She apologized for my inconvenience but could only offer the following business day for redelivery. Well the following business day the same thing occurred and I was out a 2nd days pay. At this point I very concerned and annoyed that I was being treated like this and decided to go and speak with the store owner directly to explain my concerns. To my surprise the store manager was of no assistance and explained to me in front of the other customers that "this is a money making business and I could kindly take my business elsewhere if I was unsatisfied. He did not care of my inconvenience thus far and emphasized that even if I went somewhere else I more then likely would not have the furniture in time for my event anyway. The next delivery date available is May 16. Livid, I decided to cancel my order immediately and proceeded to take my business elsewhere. They informed me that my account would be credited back immediately but to my surprise it was not. So I submitted a credit card dispute in order to receive my funds to place an urgent order. So I contacted the store manager of another Ashley store and explained to him the situation that I was experiencing in Hasbrook and he kindly took the payment for!

A new order that was scheduled to be delivered on Saturday June 2nd. However, I recently received a call from the Hasbrook store stating that my order is now on hold based on the credit dispute at the Hasbrook office. Apparently the store owner owns both locations and is refusing to ship my furniture until the credit card company resolves the disputed charge from Hasbrook. What are my rights if I do not receive my furniture on the scheduled delivery date?

Damage Resulting - both my husband lost to days of work and had to pay to cater an event outside of our home due to the missing furniture.

Ashley Furniture Industries Logo Ashley Furniture Industries