Applebees / Orem Utah Location / poor management

My family and I went to applebees in orem utah. The meal was fine and the services was fine. When the meal was ready to be paid for, the manager (Sullivan picard) came to the table and told me I needed to pay another way. He was holding my debit card in his hand. I asked him if my card was declined and he told me I was not "privy" to that information. I told him I most certainly was because it was my card. He would not offer any explanation. I asked over and over what the problem was and he would not tell me. I then reached out to get my card and he jumped back and yelled and caused a scene. I told him he needed to give me my card or I will call the police. So I called the police and they came. They got me my card back and the card was not declined. I think sullivan was trying to steal from me or at best use his authority at applebees to be an a$hole. After multiple complaints to applebees for his conduct.. I was told it was a simple misunderstanding and mr picard is sorry... I am not pressing civil charges against him and applebees. Applebees offered me a coupon for a free dinner, but I will never return. Watch out for sullivan picard. He is a con artist at best!!!

N  20th of Apr, 2009 by
Being a con artist will only cause people to never go back there. Businesses who think they can thrive off of crookedness and corruption are fools.

Personally, I will never go back to "CRAPPLEBEE"S: because they don't give you much food for your money(well at least here in canada anyways).

Applebee's Restaurants Logo Applebee's Restaurants