Applebees / bloody steak!
Went to Applebee's on Valentine's day 2009; and the evening started out well. We only had to wait a few minutes to be seated and the server was prompt in coming to our table. My husband and I ordered an appetizer which was also delivered promptly so all was going rather well up to receiving our entrees...which was steak. My husband's came cooked nicely as ordered, medium. Mine on the other hand was "bleeding" when I cut into it besides the fact that it looked like it had been sitting on the plate for quite a while. I called our server to the table and she took the steak back to be "replated and cooked". By the time it was returned to our table my husband was more than 1/2 done with his food, (I'd told him go ahead and eat so his food wouldn't get cold) and I cut into this steak to find it was BLOODY just like the last one!!! By this time I was sick at my stomach, mostly due to aggravation, and ready to get out of this pitiful excuse for a restaurant. I told her I didn't want to return my food for a third "round" of cooking, just forget it!! She came back later and asked if we wanted to order dessert!!! LOL After being told "no not if it was like their steaks", we got our check, paid, and left. They took the steak off the bill, but added back the two sides I didn't eat. I sent a complaint to their feedback email address but don't expect to get a reply. Oh, yes, just an added FYI, the manager never once came to our table as is usual in most restaurants. Needless to say we won't be going there again and more than likely won't go to another Applebees.
More Applebees Complaints & Reviews
- Applebees - poor customer service and management! 
- Applebee's - unfairly treated employee 
- Applebees - bad customer service and food! 
- Applebees - unprofessional employee relationship 
- Applebee's - is unable to provide nutritional information! 
- Applebee's Restaurants - Customer service
- Applebee's Restaurants - mike, the server
- Applebee's Restaurants - service or lack thereof 
- Applebee's Restaurants - 2 for $20 deal 
- Applebee’s 501 Ley Dr. Auburn IN - service