Amerigas / Fraudulent Tank Fill and Overcharge

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I am yet another victim of Amerigas fraudulently charging customers. In short, they charged me for propane I didn't actually receive. I was 25% full on a 500 gallon tank and was 85% full after they filled it per the gauge. I was billed for 70% fuel. They claimed to have filled the tank to 95% because of the cold temperature and stated my gauge might not reflect this. I have never had a problem with my gauge, but that was their excuse. The meter ticket had the wrong customer information on it to boot, which they also said happens from time to time. Amerigas would not make good in the matter. They are outright cons, and are the highest priced fuel company around additionally. Once my tank is empty I will have them remove it, and I would like to forewarn others of their fraudulent practices so they aren't similarly victimized. Now I see on the news that they have even been shorting 20lb grill gas bottles. Steer clear of this company.

Comments

• Ga
      30th of Aug, 2009

I have worked in the LP gas Ind for more than twenty years.
    And have worked for the majors like Great plains gas, National Propane, Witch was bought out by Columbia Propane, Witch was bought out by Amerigas, (don't work for them any more) And living in northern MI, Were in the winter we can have weeks on end with temps below zero deg. We NEVER fill our tank to more than85%. In the winter, And never more than 80% in the summer, If you fill a tank to 95% you are just asking for trouble, If the gauge on that tank is off by five percent, The driver just filled it liquid full, That was pure and simple driver error! Tanks should always be filled using the spitter/liquid level gauge on the service valve, Not by the percent gauge.

• Am
      15th of Jan, 2011

We are sorry to hear about your situation and apologize for your recent experience with AmeriGas. AmeriGas prides itself on providing our customers with the highest levels of customer service and we would like to help. At your convenience, please contact Fran directly via email at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com so we can promptly assist you with this issue. To better assist you, please provide your AmeriGas customer number, phone number or the address and zip code where your propane tank is located. Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.