Resolved Amerigas/propane — overcharging the public
I had switched to AmeriGas in the end of October 2008, I got my 250 gallon tank around the 7th of November.When I called to get it filled, the office lady told me that it would be about $560.00 since I was getting a new customer $1.999 a gallon first fill special. I was shocked at the amount.I asked her how she came up with that price, she then told me that they have to charge you for 250.0gallons of propane.I told her how in the hell can you charge 250.0 gal.on a tank that can only be filled to 80 % by law.She said that is how AmeriGas does it.I told her that I had been useing propane heat for the past 4 yrs and I know that it only holds 200.0 gallons.
Well there was no way to get her to understand, so I said fill the tank I need some heat.So when i got the bill I didn`t pay it, instead i called the national customer care line at the corporate head quarters in Rocklin, CA to let them know of the problem.After about a monthI recieved a credit for 50 gallon overcharge.
I have been debating for 5 months whether to post a complaint online and to let the Attorney General know of this situation with AmeriGas.I keep thinking of how many other peolple they have screwed over when they to had switched to AmeriGAs.
When I saw that they had other complaints on this site I said it was time to do the same and let everybody know of the experience that I had with this propane company.
More Amerigas/propane Complaints & Reviews
- Amerigas - Customer Relations
- Amerigas - Terrible company
- Amerigas - Incompetence /Fraud
- Amerigas - LACK OF SERIVCE
- AmeriGas Propane - Unfair Employment Practices
- AmeriGas Propane - propane delivery, scheduling inspection and tank removal.
- Amerigas - 35 Deg. / 5 days no heat. Gas turned off!!!
- AmeriGas Propane - american flag
- Amerigas - Screwed up my front lawn
- Amerigas - illegal tapping off tank