American Standard / bad parts, bad quality!

United States Review updated:
2.5
We have bought 2 American Standard toilet seats, in addition to the seat that was supposed to come with the toilet from American Standard, and have had very very bad experiences. No Parts, or not the right ones. I'm pulling my stock in American Standard as it seems to be a company who doesn't have it going on anymore. Not to mention the tank lid says made in China, American Standard. What a crook! Rename the company to China Standard, and while your at it? Go ahead and put lead based materials in your products. Ask Mattel - they will show you how.

Mike East.

Comments

Wr
  13th of May, 2014
I have an American Standard Commode which I did preventative maintenance on (replaced all the insides of bowl). Discovered the holes in the tank and bowl DO NOT line up (the bowl holes are about 1/4 wider than the tank holes). Therefore, the three inch bolts with the rubber seals (that seal the inside of the tank) will not seat (which means a constant leak or drip-drip leak).

I called American Standard and spoke with their representative and was told since it was over a year old they would not do anything ... even though its an obvious PRODUCT DEFECT. I told them I had pictures of the defect ... They (American Standard) did not care.

LAST time I will purchase from their company or affiliates.
Ju
  1st of Jun, 2014
I bought an American Standard Clean toilet from Lowes which came with its own "special' toilet seat requiring special plastic seat brackets. After just a few months it became loose with no way to tighten it because there was a flaw in the bracket design whereby they snapped. Tried to contact AS customer service who were less than useless. I literally had to contact them 5 times before someone made any attempt to help. I was mailed new brackets which were rubber and e-mailed instructions. I was not provided with any instruction on how to remove the old bracket. When I tried to fix the seat, the new rubber brackets were even more loose then the broken plastic one. And the instructions they sent me...were for the old brackets. I really feel that they don;t care about their customers. They really havent treated me with any respect or with any proper service. I will make sure everyone I know hears abojut it.

American Standard Logo American Standard