American Standard Logo

American Standard

Having problems with American Standard?

American Standard Customer Service Contacts

1800 442 1902 (United States)
1800 387 0369 (Canada (Outside GTA & Mississauga)
1800 839 1200 (Mexico)
+1 905 949 4800 (Canada, Head Office)
+1 905 306 1093 (Greater Toronto Area & Mississauga)
1 Centennial Avenue
Piscataway, New Jersey
United States - 08855-6820
Canada
5900 Avebury Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L5R 3M3

Mexico
Carretera México Laredo Km 1011 Ciénega de Flores, Nuevo León. C.P. 65050

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Standard Customer Service. Initial American Standard complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for American Standard above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about American Standard. Discuss the issues you have had with American Standard and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

American Standard Complaints & Reviews

American Standards Silhouette 29" Kitchen Sink With Small Bowl For Garbage Disposalsurface discoloration, scratches, and loss of enamel

I purchased an American Standards sink from local Kitchen supply company who also installed granite counter tops. Within 5 months, the sink's surface wore off, leaving the sink discolored, yellow, and scratched. My cleansers were non abrasive. But I was unable to clean it with anything except bleach. My contractor does not even know where he bought it, and suggests I try American Standard. A tub repairman said he could paint the whole inside of the sink for $300 and said the manufacturer should pay for it. I am getting nowhere. I would really like to find sink measuring the same so I could replace it with anything but AMERICAN Standard brand. The granite is perfect..the sink is a mess. The sink measures 29 inches with a 21 inch large deep sink, and a Smaller 7 inch disposal side sink. Is there a sink made by another manufacturer that makes a sink to fit this opening. My email is [protected]@aol if anyone reading this can suggest one.

American Standard / Americast Sink — defective sink

We installed an Americast Sink in our kitchen remodel in 2006. A few months later we noticed some scratche...

American Standard scam

This company is a scam the properties listed are not properties in foreclosure or listed as available. When I called back the party I spoke to whose name was Greg Morgan and said I can call his cell phone at [protected] for help at any time did not respond to me when I called. I immediately called the company and said the properties listed were not properties that were available according to my real estate person. I attempted to stop the payment going through to my bank, however they stated there was nothing they could do and will not be able to reverse the charges.

Do not give your money to this company they are a fraud.

American Standard american standard housing

I called and a Peter answered he stated they were called ASL n then explained they worked directly with the bank and even would walk me tru process for 199.00, he stated they give info on homes avail in area and could transfer title n my name once qulified with no credit check. When I asked more questions and for there website he hung on me. I called back n he hung on me again. Then I looked this so called company up n well its a scam.

• Ro
          ronald warren Mar 28, 2017

### you npeople if your that stupid to give me your 199 you deserve to be ripped off by mike davenport of santa Barbra ca. he is real easy to find he is the bass player for virsus the world. and has nice house in montacito ca. find the puck and get your money back god dam man do something theres the info on were the #### is and his wife name is susan quin.and she is just as much of a theft as he is. this is ex employee that didn't get payed when he was shut down.### you mike you #### sucker you got to greedy you dumb son of a ####.you ###ed yourself by opening lompock and Goleta what the ### were you thinking you had the world by the tail you dumb ###why mike why is all I want to know from one of your best sales man and you know who I am #### and I will testifiy aginst you for ripping me off for so many of my sales you think I didn't know you ### I have the records see you at the labor board and the felony court #### I will be there to tell all about mike davenport you #### I hope you rott in prison the rest of your ###ing life...Ronald warren #### I want you to who is going to take you down puck ####...

• Ho
          housing scams Jul 19, 2012

is there rental housing companys that are not a scvam

• Da
          David L jr Jul 18, 2012

Wow!!! To good to be true were my exact words. It is a scam!!!. they hung up on me twice also when I started asking too many questions. Think about is the bank just going to set you, (a complete stranger) in a house that they don't do a background search, no credit check or any thing? REALLY???? Folks don't fall for the B.S. It has SCAM written all over it..

• Ka
          KayCeeEss Jul 07, 2011

I knew it sounded too good to be true! I spoke with a Chad, Operator #1008. He was very polite and informative but I just had to check them out anyway. They weren't listed on the BBB website so I figured I'd google them and well, here we are! Thanks for the heads up!

• Li
          lisa34 May 12, 2011

this company is a straight out scam and we need to report them ..even if it takes going to the news people.

American Standard refund

When i contacted this company they told me this hole story how i can rent to own with bad credit and if i was not satify i can get my money back now that i want my money back they give me this hold story on how i am suppose to write 5 denial letters when i never received anything from the people i sent letters to they tell me that i can either mail them or go knock on these people doors remind u people i dont know and have them sign a dinal letter all i want is my money back that they promise be i can get

American Standard — air conditioner

Purchased an A/C from Air Around the Clock in July 2004. Unknown to me it turns out they gave me an air...

American Standard Homesdeceptive practices

I found American standars homes online through craiglist i was told if i didnt find a home in 90days i could get a full refund tht did not happen and when i called customer services they respond very disrespectfulmalmost threatening. I dont have 200 dollars to donate im a single mother with four kids. I want justice i feel as if that company raped me.

• Kb
              kbonnell001 Jun 04, 2011

Yeah... same thing happened to us with american standard... they suck and now my bank is actually fighting with me to give the money back! What??? Anyhow, we WILL get the money back and I was told from the "customer service" that they'd have a manager call me and it's been DAYS... they suck, don't EVER trust them... they told me there'd be pics of each house and that the contact info was on there, none of which was true...

American Standard rent to own

Dont get taken for this fraud. Luckily I was smart enough to tell him I would get back to him. I just wanted to hear what the name of the company was and look them up. The saying goes "if it sounds to good to be true...it is" The only way to buy a home is with credit!!! A homeowner is emotionally attached to their home and if they are looking to rent out the home they don't need a $199 service to find them renters! There are plenty of people who would be happy to get into a house and take over payments or get a good deal. However, if the banks and security lending was providing a way for people to get in homes they would just work directly with the homeowner. Why would they rent out a pre-foreclosed home? HELLO~ The other issue is when someone asks for money upfront you should be cautious ! the dangers of identity theft out there people should beware to give up their financial information. RED FLAGS and KEYWORDS: no credit check, the deed will be yours within 24-48 hours, NO DOWN PAYMENT, NO LOAN APPLICATION. this company does not even provide bank names or references. Robert (who identified himself as the manager over there) advised credit is no longer a factor for banks. In WHAT WORLD! Risk is a factor! these are all lies. You can go straight to the bank or realtor for a foreclosed home and you will still need a credit score over 680 and you need viable income, fill out a loan application, and a down payment, plus they will not be trying to get you in a home already occupied with a property owner. There are hundreds of vacant homes. This entire thing sounded so stupid. If this was a true deal WHY ARE THERE SO MANY RENTERS STILL! Come people think!

Jackee404 May 17, 2012

Yep they tried to get me to the guy I talked to was named Christian and the # he gave me is [protected]. Please don't get suckered by these people. I called back to ask if there was a website I could go to, to verify this information and he said he couldn't give me anything until I gave him my $199. If its not verifiable is not legit.

Americast / American Standard finish coming off

We built our home 16 years ago. About 5 years ago, I wrote and sent a photo of our double Americast American Standard kitchen sink ( white porcelain). The sink had rusted all around the top. You sent me a replacement sink which was fine for a while. The replacement sink on the left now has the finish worn off at the bottom. The entire area keeps turning brown and is very rough not like the smooth porcelin sides. We have other American Standard products in our home and have been very satisfied with them. However, this sink has always been a problem. I am very discouraged with this sink and do hope you can help me. I have included a photo to validate my concern.

I appreciate a reply so we can correct this problem ASAP!

Thank you so much.

Sue Klein [protected]@peoplescom.net

finish coming off

jackt46 Apr 21, 2011

Folks, check to be sure you have a real American Standard product, I have seen commercial urinals with the "American Stamdard" name, I doubt that American Standard would mispell their own cr name.

American Standard — defective americast tub

Purchased an Americast "Princeton" bathtub. After installation, found the tub to be defective, warped causing...

Homes American Standardfraud

I am a skeptic about EVERYTHING! I called about a craigslist posting. Some ghetto guy answered, and was trying to run my credit card. I told him I was going to have to check on some things to verify information about the company. He got really rude (probably because he knew I wouldn't be calling back) and hung up on me. I went to the better business bureau's website, and they have no information about this company (other than complaints) Don't do it people... save your $200 for a deposit on an apartment.

American Standard — home mortgage take over payments

Found this company on Craigslist they claim that you can take over mortgage payments. They told me to print...

American Standard — warranty

Have an extended warranty on heat pump, they have seiral numbers in system, yet refuse to, honor warranty...

American Standard split toilet tank

Upon arriving at our home we found that during our absence the toilet tank had spontaneously split open releasing a continuous flow of water as the tank tried to refill itself. This resulted in approximately $9, 000 damages to our property and the posiibility of damages to two units on lower floors still to be determined. This was a classic case of a latent defect. American Standard refuses to even replace the damaged unit much less than to be responsible for the consequential damages. They are now avoiding responding to my requests for resolution.

• Je
                      JEAN ANN Sep 29, 2012

I BELIEVE YOU NEED TO CALL AN ATTORNEY AND TELL THEM YOUR STORY. THERE IS ANOTHER COMPANY CALLED SLOON FLUSHMATE lll. THIS TOILET EXPLODES AND CAUSES DAMAGE TO WALLS AND SOME PEOPLE HAVE BEEN HURT. YOU MAY HAVE ONE OF THESE TOILETS.

American Standard / Americast Sinkrusting, flaking off, porous, stains easily

Material is porous and spots easily. Very hard to clean stains. started rusting at point of contacts with AS protective rack. not even two years in vet light service. material is flaking neardrain. Definitely NOT ready for prime time. Total waste of money.

Americast — sink rusted out after five years

Bought this sink 9 years ago and it started rusting after five years. It has now rusted completely out around...

American Standard — defected toilet

Hello, I purchased an American Standard Champion Toilet about a year ago at Lowe's - Huntington Mall...

American Standard — americast products!

I purchased the 38" Sillouette 5 years ago. I liked that it was the large sink design. I undermounted it...

American Standard bad parts, bad quality!

We have bought 2 American Standard toilet seats, in addition to the seat that was supposed to come with the toilet from American Standard, and have had very very bad experiences. No Parts, or not the right ones. I'm pulling my stock in American Standard as it seems to be a company who doesn't have it going on anymore. Not to mention the tank lid says made in China, American Standard. What a crook! Rename the company to China Standard, and while your at it? Go ahead and put lead based materials in your products. Ask Mattel - they will show you how.

Mike East.

• Ju
                          JulieBT Jun 01, 2014

I bought an American Standard Clean toilet from Lowes which came with its own "special' toilet seat requiring special plastic seat brackets. After just a few months it became loose with no way to tighten it because there was a flaw in the bracket design whereby they snapped. Tried to contact AS customer service who were less than useless. I literally had to contact them 5 times before someone made any attempt to help. I was mailed new brackets which were rubber and e-mailed instructions. I was not provided with any instruction on how to remove the old bracket. When I tried to fix the seat, the new rubber brackets were even more loose then the broken plastic one. And the instructions they sent me...were for the old brackets. I really feel that they don;t care about their customers. They really havent treated me with any respect or with any proper service. I will make sure everyone I know hears abojut it.

• Wr
                          wrong hole May 13, 2014

I have an American Standard Commode which I did preventative maintenance on (replaced all the insides of bowl). Discovered the holes in the tank and bowl DO NOT line up (the bowl holes are about 1/4 wider than the tank holes). Therefore, the three inch bolts with the rubber seals (that seal the inside of the tank) will not seat (which means a constant leak or drip-drip leak).

I called American Standard and spoke with their representative and was told since it was over a year old they would not do anything ... even though its an obvious PRODUCT DEFECT. I told them I had pictures of the defect ... They (American Standard) did not care.

LAST time I will purchase from their company or affiliates.

American Standard sink staining and chipping in 3 years

My American Standard Silhouette Double Bowl Kitchen Sink (undermount) is less than 4 years has two chips and the porcelain is badly stained. The 30 yr old sink I replaced was in better condition.

American Standard has offered a full refund of the sink but will provide nothing to have the defective one taken out and replaced. Since it is an undermount with a slab granite top I'm looking at $800-1000 to get it fixed.

Just thought I'd air my complaint so that others don't go and buy the sink and expect a quality product.

• Ri
                            Richard Mann Jul 23, 2008

American Standard Furnace MOD AUD080R936K5 installed by Amer. Dealer, and it is now 7-23-08 and we just had the third fan motor installed, under warranty, but motors during cooling season make loud noises like a washing machine that is out of balance, I dont know how long Amer. is going to replace motors, but I feel like we got an expensive lemon and I dont feel like we are going to get a long life out of this furnace. The furnace was installed on 7-21-06.
                            Birmingham, Ala.