American Home Shield / leak

1 GA, United States Review updated:

The service you receive is not necessary what you pay for.
I had a leak in a pipe which was easily visible to a child. They (AHS) had sent out Resuce Rooter who agreed there was a leak/hole in the pipe. I had a friend (who knows of these things) there to talk with them, show them, etc. Anyway, I was told by my friend the most it should cost me is $250 -$300. So I was expecting a reasonable quote. I had to leave the house for a minute and got a phone call from AHS who said Rescue Rooter said some equipment was installed backwards and had caused the pipe to rust. Now they did not mention this to me while I was there or my friend (engineer) was there. They were on their way to get the parts but when I get to my destination 20 minutes away I get the phone call from AHS that something was installed backward and the warranty does not include the leaks in that case and that the pipe (not over ten feet long) was rusted all the way through and for a cost of $962.00 they could fix all. Well, I was forturnate and blessed with a good friend who got the parts for approximately $30.00 and fixed it in less than two hours. We cleaned off the mud (which looked like rust) from the pipe and checked for rust. I was blessed with good friends who knew what was happening. Please beware of AHS/Rescue Rooter.

Tr

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2009

I worked for AHS for several years and I sympathize with you. There are many good people that work there that would have questioned Rescue Rooter more because that diagnosis sounds like a bunch of bull. Unfortunately Rescue Rooter is their sister company so they're stuck working with them and Servicemaster doesn't seem to care that Rescue Rooter/ARS is horrible and there are some not-so-smart people working at AHS. I don't know why I still feel responsible for some of the things that happen there but it's hard to completely lose that loyalty, I guess.

• Pr
      18th of Jul, 2010

[censor]. AHS and RR are Owned By ServiceMaster.
    They have been Ripping off the Poor People for years