American Home Shield / leak
The service you receive is not necessary what you pay for.
I had a leak in a pipe which was easily visible to a child. They (AHS) had sent out Resuce Rooter who agreed there was a leak/hole in the pipe. I had a friend (who knows of these things) there to talk with them, show them, etc. Anyway, I was told by my friend the most it should cost me is $250 -$300. So I was expecting a reasonable quote. I had to leave the house for a minute and got a phone call from AHS who said Rescue Rooter said some equipment was installed backwards and had caused the pipe to rust. Now they did not mention this to me while I was there or my friend (engineer) was there. They were on their way to get the parts but when I get to my destination 20 minutes away I get the phone call from AHS that something was installed backward and the warranty does not include the leaks in that case and that the pipe (not over ten feet long) was rusted all the way through and for a cost of $962.00 they could fix all. Well, I was forturnate and blessed with a good friend who got the parts for approximately $30.00 and fixed it in less than two hours. We cleaned off the mud (which looked like rust) from the pipe and checked for rust. I was blessed with good friends who knew what was happening. Please beware of AHS/Rescue Rooter.
More American Home Shield Complaints & Reviews
- American Home Shield - the truth about ahs 
- AHS Home Warranty Company - don't trust them 
- American Home Shield (AHS) - unable to cancel the policy 
- American Home Shield - rip off 
- American Home Shield - beware 
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - Warranty service
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - home a/c repair — overcharged & refund owed
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - bad customer service and charged for something that was diagnosed wrong
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - cancellation of policy is impossible
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - sewer stoppage