Having problems with AXA Equitable?

137 292 (Australia)
+1 877 222 2144 (United States)
+1 416 250 1992 (USA and Canada)
+44 207 920 5900 (United Kingdom)
+353 18 726 444 (Ireland)
+32 26 796 350 (Belgium)
+45 33 126 262 (Denmark)
+49 221 148 101 (Germany)
+39 265 5381 (Italy)
+31 765 148 558 (Netherlands)
+351 213 102 400 (Portugal)
+41 522 189 595 (Switzerland)
+852 21 549 000 (Hong Kong)
+62 213 005 8800 (Indonesia)
+60 321 708 282 (Malaysia)
+63 28 850 101 (Philippines)
+966 14 776 706 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 62 362 288 (Singapore)
+27 113 806 800 (South Africa)
+82 318 002 8000 (South Korea)
+66 21 188 111 (Thailand)
1290 Avenue of the Americas

General Guisan-Strasse 40 PO Box 357 8401 Winterthur

Turkey
Meclis-I Mebusan Cad. № 15 34433 Salipazari Istanbul

China
F907, Winland Int. Finance Ctr № 7, Financial St. Xicheng Distr. Beijing 100140 China

Hong Kong
29/F, Dorset House, Taikoo Place, 979 Kings Road Quarry Bay, Hong Kong

India
1st And 2Nd Floor, Mfar Manyata Tech Park, Phase Iv, Rachenahalli Village, Nagawara, Bangalore – 560045

Indonesia

23Rd Floor, Lumpini Tower 1168/67 Rama 4 Road Sathorn, Bangkok 10120

UAE
Floor 39, Churchill Executive Tower, P.o Box 32505 Dubai Uae, Dubai

Complaints & Reviews

life insurance and ira accumulator accounts

You replied on Tue 11/5/2019 7:36 AM More actions Crain, Rachael Mon 11/4/2019 10:49 AM Good Morning, I...

life insurance

Well my dad has been paying my life insurance for me since I was a kid so I had a policy with axa. Then my...

quality of equitable life insurance

This company has gone from adequate to totally inept and even negligent. they cancelled my health policy which i'd had for 41 years because they said I left out a $30 payment. I sent in the $30 payment and today they told me they did not apply the $30 payment because my policy had been cancelled!!! can you even believe that! then they told me to overnight another $30 payment (which cost me $27) which sat in their po box for 4 days!!! this company is inept, negegent and possibly criminally libel.
They pay claims at a fraction of what is submitted. they have the worst customer service agents possible who left me on hold several times for at least 6 minutes and never came even close to resolving my issues.
If I could get together others, I would like to initiate a class action against the company.
Linda cohen new york city

poor customer services from daniel megnin

To whom it may concern, As a long time AXA customer, with a small retirement account, I have seriou...

Variable annuity

Customer service is terrible, hard to get and no precise answers, same goes for advisers who ignore u once I...

help line

Sir I asked the help line
About a hardship clause in there policy
Easier to get blood for a stone
Polite answer
Due to security reasons we cannot answer your question
How seriously sad
After I read the product disclosure statement it was written there the answer
But really how hard was such a simple question
AXA we value your money
NOTHING else Matters
John spot

life insurance/online verification/customer service

Dates of incidents: april 23 and april 24, 2018. I went online to pay my premium and to take out a loan.in...

retirement

The worst company I have dealt with in years... They invested all my retirement into an ira which was fine...

life insurance rip-off

I currently own a life insurance policy purchased from mutual of new york from their representative marcellus woods. My wife and myself have paying on this policy for twenty (20) years without missing a payment. When reviewing the policy approximately 1 year ago we noticed a phrase (final conversion date) we attempted to contact the representative (marcellus woods) for an explanation of the term but were diverted to different clerks and were told at one point during my wife’s many calls that marcellus woods no longer worked there and there was nothing they could do to help. Well finally marcellus woods called and when asked what Could be done with this policy his response was “you could die”. This is his exact words.. Marcellus woods made many appointments with us so that we could discuss this policy but did not make them nor did he call to cancel. This is the caliber of professionalism with which you will be exposed to if decide to seek insurance service from axa, money. By the way as a result of mutual of new york (mony) and their representative’s failure to service this policy timely they are claiming there is nothing they can do to honor the “conversion”. These actions or lack of a timely response must be criminal. If anyone knows how this injustice could be righted please advise me.

• We
    Wendy Patin Aug 28, 2012

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact Lauri Pettit, Customer Relations Analyst, at [email protected] or (315) 477-2821, to discuss your individual issue. Thank you.

unethical practices

My husband worked for Axa for 77 weeks. He graduated from CSU, enlisted in the army as an airborne infantry soldier, went to Iraq, fought for our freedom, got cancer during combat, finished his tour and came back to more hell on earth in the form of 18 months of cancer treatment. After his treatments he got a job at Axa. We were both ready for the future without cancer, without combat, and ready to make a life finally as we were newly married 2 weeks before he was sent to Iraq.
Axa then proceeded to screw us over. Everything from the "keepitreal22" post said is true. My husband did not receive a wage, he paid all of his expenses to acquire new clients for axa, (dinners, phone, fuel, etc...) . After leaving axa, and after some time went by we were served on CHRISTMAS MORNING by a collector stating we owed Axa an obscene amount of money. Apparently someone canceled a policy my husband had sold them before the minimum 12 months that they must carry it. I guess when that happens the salesman (my husband) has to pay back the commission. Although the amount they were asking for still does not make sense to me, as I do not recall receiving that money in the first place. We don't have that kind of money and it is simply not possible to pay it. My husband now has a judgement against him, that has been a financial nightmare for us. The benefits he should enjoy as a veteren that fought in a foreign war are largely unavailable to him due to this judgment. Our house is under water because of the Fannie mae/freddie Mac fiasco and I can't take advantage of programs that would take our interest rate from a 7.25-4.75 because of this judgement against my husband. I AM ANGRY AND SICK THAT THERE ARE PERVERSE COMPANIES OUT THERE THAT ARE ALLOWED TO OPERATE WITH THESE CORRUPT BUSINESS PRACTICES AND NOBODY OR NOTHING CAN STOP THEM FROM HURTING GOOD PEOPLE. If anybody reads this post and knows of help out there, please post back.

• Bo
    bob abooey Nov 05, 2012

I don't know how they can sleep at night...total con artists and ...scam all the way stay away!!!

• Ri
    richco Jan 13, 2014

The reasoning for your husband to be paying back on the cancelled policy is 100% NOT AXA's fault. If a policyholder cancels a policy before the minimum earned premium is due OR if a commission is paid in full and the policy cancels before the 12 month term, then he does owe the commission back. Maybe your husband didn't disclose how much he was getting to you. These companies don't pay you to go drum up business, why should they? This is a sales job that requires you to go get business. I like that you put in that your house is "under water" and proceed to blame it on someone else. YOU bought the house when prices were outrageously high, nobody made you. If you want to be mad at someone, look in the mirror! The reason you owe AXA the money is quite simple, they paid the commission back and are now collecting it from the person who sold the product. This happens in insurance industry all the time when a policy cancels prematurely. You really should look at the whole picture because in this case, you are in the wrong. I appreciate and respect your husband fighting for us, I really do. But because he's a veteran doesn't give him a free pass

beware of this company.

Don’t do business with the AXA Advisor fiends. What’s going on at AXA Advisors today?

• Numerous client complaints from unsuitable investment recommendations and poor customer service.

• Reports of dishonest activities, taking advantage of customers, driven by greed with a total disregard of industry regulations.

• Illegal kickbacks and ponzi schemes have been reported with charges and litigation pending.

• The sales force does not meet regulatory requirements to conduct business as registered investment advisors.

• Testimonials from employees and customers reveal disturbing facts about compliance violations, unethical behavior, and criminal activities.

Thomas Van Dyk Jun 08, 2012

I work for Mass Mutual and we are a top notch company. In the Fortune 500 magazine as one of the most admired company in 2012. What's great about my company is that we are a Mutual company, hence Mass Mutual. What that means is the policy holders own the company and dividends are paid directly to the policy holders not shareholder and policy holders like stock companies do. We have a history of paying dividends to our policy holders for the past 160 years, since they've been in business, which if you are a history buff, that's prior to the Civil War. I have a team of specialists, not ad visors, and if you are or were looking for concepts and strategies that will be what YOU want it to look like, I am the person you want to talk to. What I tell my clients is this, There are 2 outcomes that come out of my meetings with my clients: 1. you or I will stand on either sides of the table and say look I appreciate your time but I don't think this partnership is going to work or on the other hand you can say I like what you've brought to the table and I want to build a nice working relationship together. Either way we will still shake hands and part as friends. I respect and cherish my relationships with my clients and will love to sit down and discuss what we can do for each other. Call me at 201-787-1054 for a free consultation. - Tom

theinformed Feb 23, 2014

Henri de La Croix de Castries, started his career at AXA in 1989, when he joined the central financial direction. In 1991, he was appointed general secretary, in charge of restructurings and mergers (integration of Compagnie du Midi). He was appointed general director in 1993, in charge of North America and UK in 1994, and in charge of the merger and integration with Union des assurances de Paris (UAP) in 1996. He served as President of the Board of Equitable (which became AXA Financial) in 1997, and has been Chairman of the Board of Directors since 2000. He also serves as the Chairmen of the Steering Committee of the Bilderburg Group. The Bilderburg Group along with the IMF, The Trilateral Commission and the CFR have basically taken over the entire global banking industry. Here in the USA the Federal Reserve is the arm of their corruption. They are in the process of a total collapse of the world economy in order to bring about a new world government. In cooperation with FEMA the US Congress passed HR 645 which gives the federal government complete control of all state and local police departments. FEMA is building Interment camps across the country. They know something they "Think" we don't know. Along with The United Nations Agenda 21 which George W. Bush signed on to and Barak H. Obama has continued this path of a world wide dictatorship. As of this writing, 4 wealthy bank executives have committed suicide from several different countries.. Follow the link --> http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/02/jpmorgan-suicide-third-many-weeks/
    Give yourself an hour to watch this alone, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw Nope, I guess I wouldn't do business with AXA Financial either.

fruad

Eli Weiss of AXA Advisors, Elisha Weiss of AXA Advisors ruined our families future, he is a liar and a thief...

recruiting tactics

I have been in the financial services industry for six years and have been constantly harrassed by recruiter...

rip off

I cancelled my car insurance in December 2010 as I was leaving France for several months and decided to sell my car.
I told the AXA agent Eric Auvray that I was leaving France and selling the car prior to my departure.
The car was sold in November and I emailed him to cancel the insurance on the 10th dec 2010.
He continued to send monthly invoices to my home address knowing that I was not there to receive them and he has now emailed me in April 2011 asking for over 800euros.
He also took advantage of the situation when I broke up with my partner and the house insurance was due. he managed to get us to pay 3000euros per year for house insurance.

errors and contact

Last year AXA sent a risk assessment officer to my home to suggest risk mitigation measures. The result was instead a re-evaluation of my home to a price 120% higher than what I paid for it 6 months earlier. Not only was the purpose of the visit miscommunicated, but the result was a doubling of my insurance rates. After consulting with my broker, the assessment value was lowered but since that time AXA has failed to send me bills in a timely fashion. The only time they notify me is a week before payments are due, via registered mai and a threatening letter. There is never any contact information on the bills to communicate with AXA personnel directly - they apparently want me to talk only to the third party broker. Even their website does not offer any email contact information. I never had these types of problems with my previous insurance company, which AXA acquired two years ago.
Shame on these AXAholes.

lack of ethics

I am so disgusted with AXA financial. I invested a number of years ago and now can't get my agent to return a call to deal with my account and when I call to arrange to move funds to another company I am told that I have to pay several hundred dollars in fees to release my funds. It gets better, turns out my agent's wife had been sleeping with another agent in his office. My agent is divorcing his wife and keeping the other guy as a friend?

Aren't these people supposed to have some sort of ethics?

How did I ever trust my hard earned money to these immoral yahoos?
Now in order to place my money with someone who at least will return my calls I have to pay hundreds of dollars? WTF

sick and fed up

Son left tap on in bathroom sink when water had been turned of by local water company went out for the day came home to water pouring though ceiling and down walls paper hanging off no lights working carpet soaking went upstairs lamitate flooring lifted vinal floor in bathroom ruined have had cheque for £860 still fighting to get rest of money I have phoned them eight times in the last month but they always have an excuse and never phone me back sick and fed up.

awful company

In the year of 2006, I realized that I was fast approaching retirement age. After inquiring of family and...

misrepresentation/altering documents

My wife was pressured into purchasing a "Variable Interest Annuity" by a registered and licensed sales agent for AXA/MONY. Part of the sales pitch was that the funds were the result of a divorce settlement and were a "Qualified Domestic Relations Order" (QDRO). This would allow a portion of the funds to be withdrawn without a penalty. (Taxes, of course, would have to be paid.

My wife received a letter from AXA's Philadelphia representative, a Paul Bufty, stating that it was a QDRO and that he was including the court QDRO with his letter. Well, no QDRO paperwork was issued. It was not a QDRO and two years after the fact the IRS placed a hefty penalty on the funds taken out.

My wife misplaced the original letter, but asked for a copy. A "copy" was sent to her, but all mention of the QDRO, and thus proof of the misrepresentation or error was eliminated. A complaint was filed with AXA's President. An "investigation" was conducted, which amounted to asking Mr. Bufty if he provided the incorrect "QDRO" information. He denied it and that ended the matter.

AXA declined to speak with either my wife's attorney who had knowledge of the affair, my wife (so she could question Bufty's claims, or myself, who was present at a significant meeting.

My wife now found the original letter stating that AXA considered it a QDRO. So, we have two letters, one with the misrepresentation of funds as QDRO and another letter, claimed to be the original with all references to the claims of the QDRO papers mysteriously missing.

Forgery is defined as the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected. I am not a lawyer and hesitate in accusing the huge French financial giant of such petty actions to cover up a serious problem with a small investor. But, as the current banking mess shows, large corporations will behave in strange ways to get every advantage over ordinary, modest income Americans.

• Kr
    krslauren May 01, 2011

thank you for sharing your experience here, especially because i'm newly divorced and was researching qdro's (which is how i stumbled across your experience)
    while your experience was unfair, unfortunate and very decietful, the financial advisor in question was certainly wrong and misleading to your wife. axa didn't fraud your wife, the advisor did.
    most financial advisors work independently even though they may be represented by a national corporation. your financial advisor is 100% to blame here, and most companies, like axa, want little or no involvement in cases of fraud because the responsiblity lies in the hands of the financial advisor.
    advisors are personally and independently responsible for retaining all records of business conducted and while some advisors (such as the one your wife used) may not keep honest and organized records. it IS their job to do so.

Thomas Van Dyk Jun 08, 2012

I work for Mass Mutual Financial Group and we are a top notch company. In the Fortune 500 magazine as one of the most admired company in 2012. What's great about my company is that we are a Mutual company, hence Mass Mutual. What that means is the policy holders own the company and dividends are paid directly to the policy holders not shareholder and policy holders like stock companies do. We have a history of paying dividends to our policy holders for the past 160 years, since they've been in business, which if you are a history buff, that's prior to the Civil War. I have a team of specialists, not ad visors, and if you are or were looking for concepts and strategies that will be what YOU want it to look like, I am the person you want to talk to. My theory is that what I do for my clients must be what's good for them and what I do for them it MUST be something I would do for my grandmother, parents, sister, extended family and my friends. If a financial services representative tells you "this is what's best for you" and not "do you think this fits in what your big picture looks like and if it's not I will go back to the drawing board for you" then run for the hills. What I also tell my clients is this, "There are 2 outcomes that come out of my meetings with my clients: 1. you or I will stand on either sides of the table and say look I appreciate your time but I don't think this partnership is going to work or on the other hand you can say I like what you've brought to the table and I want to build a nice working relationship together. Either way we will still shake hands and part as friends." I respect and cherish my relationships with my clients and want them to feel as comfortable as possible. I will love to sit down and discuss what we can do for each other. Call me at 201-787-1054 for a free consultation. - Tom

Thomas Van Dyk Jun 08, 2012

@Krslauren - you are 100% correct. Our compliance officer at work is a hard nosed by the book person, which is awesome b/c it weeds the crooks that give us a bad name out of the industry, at least in my company. If we even leave our decks unlocked to go to the bathroom we get written up for not being in compliance. God forbid we don't have documents of prior conversations or appointments we will get fired. It behooooovees everyone in our office to follow procedures and be by the book so we keep a job. If this advisor did not have his stuff in order in my agency he would get fired and the company would be held accountable for. It's hard to trust someone you don't know and but I would say trust your first impression. Nobody should ever force you into anything, if they do then run for the hills. Hope this helped? -Tom

refusal to pay

I'm a doctor who makes housecalls fulltime in Los Angeles. AXA has called me to see its clients since the...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices