American Freight / no delivery
I paid in full for a sofa and loveseat at American Freight in February 2009. I was advised that the set would be stored for me until I needed it. When I went to pick up the sofa set in July I was advised it was not there. I called many times expressing my frustration and asked for a refund but was never told why I could not get one. Each time I called I was told that someone would look in to it and try to get my couches sooner than the month they said it would take to get them.
The gentleman that, I assume, is the store manager, actually used two different names when I called so that I would think I was talking to someone different when I called. He used the name Thad when I called and asked for the manager, and when he called me for any reason he would use the name Elvis. That is extremely unprofessional.
It wasn't until about 3 weeks after this all occurred (and after reading pages and pages of complaints on the Internet), that I went in to the store and demanded a refund since I had not received my sofas that I had paid for in February. I actually had to make a scene and get other customers' attention before they would even begin to discuss providing a refund to me. But, they finally did, and since I paid with a check they issued a refund that would come in 4-6 weeks.
When Thad Elvis called me to advise me that the check was in, I went to the store to pick it up. In line in front of me was another customer that had printed out the stack of complaints he found on the internet and was having the same issue that I had with them.
So, I have received my refund, but I am very upset that a company that frequently misleads customers can stay in business in our area. I hate the fact that there are so many people getting taken advantage of by American Freight.
More American Freight Complaints & Reviews
- American Freight - scam and cheating! 
- American Freight Furniture - scam artists 
- American Freight Furniture - bad product, no refund 
- American Freight Furniture - refund policy 
- American Freight - typical bait and switch sales tactics 
- American Freight - Bingo Brown Laf Bump Sofa and Bingo Brown Raf sof
- American Freight - simmons love seat falling apart
- American Freight - furniture
- American Freight - dining room set
- American Freight - product paid in advance and was sold