American Freight Logo

American Freight

Having problems with American Freight?

American Freight reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 2, 2007. The latest review GE range pgs930 ypfs was posted on Jan 27, 2021. The latest complaint refund was resolved on Mar 11, 2013. American Freight has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 88 reviews. American Freight has resolved 32 complaints.

American Freight Customer Service Contacts

680 Sunbury Rd
Delaware, Illinois

American Freight Complaints & Reviews

American Freight — dining room set

First..my. boyfriend and I had a sectional on layaway. We went a different route and wanted a refund on what...

American Freightproduct paid in advance and was sold

Back in May of 2018 I put a 3 piece living room set with recliner on layaway along with a queen size bed only. The total came up to roughly $1100 or so I paid 884.00 which it left a balance owed of like $200 or so. I informed the salesman Craig that I was doing a remodel in my house and that I would return sometime in May to pay the remaining balance.
However, I received a called from Craig to inform me that the living room set that I ordered was no longer available. I told him that I would be in to choose another set.
Lets fastforward to August 1 2018 my husband and I visit the showroom and we decided to purchase a mattress for the bed that I had on lay away. My husband chose the mattress and we had to pay $99.76 difference of the credit that was applied to the account. We informed the Store Manager Chris that we would return on Friday to pick up the merchandise.
I called ahead and informed them that I was on my way. I was trying to proactive so that the pick up would be smooth once my husband arrived with the rental truck. I arrive at the showroom and informed the Store Manager Chris that I was there to pick up the merchandise and Chris told me to give him a moment to have the merchandise bought to the loading dock. I arrived at the showroom 30-45 minutes before my husband. After about 20 minutes of me browsing around the showroom I walk over to Chris and ask was there a problem with my merchandise. He finally says yes the mattress you chose someone sold it. At this time I look at him puzzled because my husband asked them if the mattress would be marked as sold with a name attached. Well to my surprise they sold our mattress and didn't have any in the store.
I told Chris my husband was on his way and we needed to resolve this issue before he got here. Chris says lets look at other mattresses which we started to and he showed me several however, I would have to pay almost $300 more for the other mattress. My husband arrives and Chris tells him the issue. My husband isn't happy because the mattress that he chose they assured him that it would be clearly marked and there would be no issues.
My husband is a retired military man of 28 years served change for him after you have said it would be there is a problem for him The mattresses that Chris showed him wasn't a good fit for my husband. To try and get my husband at a happy place I asked Chris about the floor model and could he reduce the amount that we paid for it because it was 600.00 well he says no. Then I saw a lamp that cost $86 and I said may I be compensated with the lamp for your mess up and he says to ask the other store manager Mo I think that was his name. He went into the computer and said the lamp was $234 but I told him on the tag its marked $86. He says oh you can pay half.
My complaint is even though I suggested the floor model that others consumers have tested by lying down on it. This floor model is considered USED merchandise. I would like to believe the floor model should have been a reduced price. Again, I asked other options to compensated for taking the floor model to please my husband because he was on the verge of cancelling the entire purchase.
Now to add insult to injury once we decided to take the floor model we had to wait another 30 minutes for the items to be bought to the loading dock and what we thought was going to take us roughly an hour to pay for the rental truck turned into 40.00.
I had to ask Chris who was going to bring the merchandise to the loading dock and then at this time calling the young man to bring the merchandise.
I am very disappointed in the lack of customer service and the lack of compromise now I compromised on my end and suggested the floor model. I feel that the price should have been reduced or a decision should have been made to compensate with the lamp that I liked.
I called your corporate office on August 3, 2018 and left a message of my concern. I received a message from Jay on August 6, 2018 who left a message that he was contacting me in reference to my complaint. I returned his call on Aug 7 at 6:45pm EST however, he hasn't returned my call. I called Jay 740.833.6397 again on August 10 at 1:31pm EST and again today August 13 at 5:41pm EST. I have left him a message requesting that he give me a call back and he hasn't returned my phone calls.
I am highly disappointed in the kind of customer service that I am not receiving from American Freight.
I can be reached at 954.479.1175 or my email address is [protected]@aol.com.
I look forward to hearing from someone who can handle my complaint.

Sincerely,
Tammy Flanders

American Freight — horrible manager

Hi I'm Ray. I just left your store here at NM. I was very happy to come on board. But I'm so sorry to say...

American Freight — employee

I had a very horrible experience in your furniture store with you assistant manager at your Georgia location...

American Freight — terrible customer service and your contract is contradictory

I was told I could not get my money back after I was not alerted that the furniture that I was paying for had...

American Freight — staff and professionalism

After I wrote the second email I received a call from a female employee at the Parma location, she (I dont...

American Freight — delivery and customer service

I order the full house set plus a twin bunk bed and mattresses. I first recived the dresser, bed frame, twin...

American Freight — refund

I went to get my money back from American Freight so they debit it back to my card it's been 3 days &my...

American Freight — service / product

I purchased the Lila bed set October 27, 2017 I advised American Freight I would need it by December 8 and I...

American Freight — delivery

This location horrible unprofessional 8173 W Brown Deer Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53223 Paid my account in full on...

American Freight — couch, loveseat, and recliner

We purchased a recliner, loveseat and couch from a little over a year ago. We started having issue with the...

American Freight — the 18 piece set

I ordered a set of 18 pieces. I waited the 3 weeks that i was told by the salesman. Then after the 3 weeks I...

American Freight — $398 7 piece set/okc

My first time ever goin to this furniture store, was a disappointment. First of all False Advertisement there...

American Freight — commercials have got to stop!

The commercials are so obnoxious!!! I will never go or buy anything from these stores!!! 😒 it's one thing to...

American Freight — item not received

I purchased cushions over 4 months ago and still have not received them. I do my part by calling monthly to...

American Freightwill not deliver your stuff

The stove it storm mount Ga need to closed they gave two delver guys the wrong things to bring to my house when we found out it was the wrong stuff they blamed this on the delve guys and they let them go they need to close the store untel they get the right people ther

American Freightking size pillow top mattress

Do not buy anything from American Freight. There is NO service after the sale. Bought the mattress from American Freight, after 6 months it looked like it was sinking in in the two areas where we sleep. Had read that they do that sometimes, so we gave it 3 more months and it got worse. This mattress had a 2 inch pillow top and the sunken areas were 2 inches deep. We both felt like we were trying to get out of a hole to get out of bed. Went to the Ocala store where we purchased it and was told to take photos using a yardstick and a tape measure. Submit them by email, and we would get a refund for the mattress, and be able to purchase another one. Called back after 2 weeks, then 3 weeks, then at 4 weeks, was told our claim was denied. But, blamed it on the former manager and was told to resubmit to a different email. It is now been 5 weeks, and have never heard anything, and really did not expect to. Should not have to buy another mattress after 9 months. It will not be from American Freight.

American Freight — mattress set

we bought a mattress set from american freight on 5/11/15 not even a week after the box springs made awful...

American Freightchattanooga employees

This company is like working in a third world country. The working conditions are despicable for a business in the U.S. Several employees in the Chattanooga warehouse store have been treated for heat stroke and hospitalized and for what $8 an hour?
        This company has no concern for the health and well being of any of their employees. Would you really want to shop at business that shows udder disregard for its employees?
        Do you think, as a customer, that you will be treated any better?
        Stay away from this business at all cost.

American Freightrefund

American Freight! What a company that is so good at ripping off people. This company must take some sort of class on how to rip people off because every comment that I have read is all the same. I too was ripped off by this company and now I am out of 800 dollars and no furniture. I have tried calling corporate and they are just as bad as the managers at the store. All of them are full of ### and no good. I tried several times to at least get something but I can't get no one to return my call at corporate. I say lets take their ### to court.

• Oc
              Ocala, FL Sep 24, 2014

I agree with you 100% that a class action lawsuit should be filed against this company.
              I do not understand why they are still able to operate in this country.