American Express - Thailand / american express very poor service

1 Thailand Review updated:

Living In Thailand, I have been a faithful American Express personal card member (no. [protected]) with good credit record for several years. Since the day I got the card I have paid my bills in full and never missing the payment.

A few weeks ago I received many phone calls from the Financial Review Team of American Express to force me to send more bank record. I said I was inconvenience to send the required document at that time and would do it a week after. However, I did not understand why they were asking this of me since I have been such a good customer and did not want more credit line. They always kept saying this was a new AMEX policy. The day later, they made annoying phone calls 3 times a day nagging me to send that document with very impolite tones and also threatened to cancel my card. This experience was very disappointed. I did not believe those words were from the world premium credit card company!!! Then, they quietly did it for their own personal pleasure without informing me in advance or signing something and were very happy when knowing that I had lost my face because of the card rejection. Can you believe this is how one of the top class credit card providers treated their own good customer? Sending a cancellation letter/fax/email or a phone call to their own customer may be too hard job for Thailand AMEX staff to do!

I do not care about cancellation since I still have several good choices to use as KTC mastercard, a very famous domestic card company in Thailand, particularly “Titanium I AM” which offers more attractive benefits, better service with no annual fee but touching the very impolite experience of AMEX is unbearable. Believe me that will come to you very soon if still being AMEX member .

Comments

• Ki
      1st of Jul, 2008

I agree with you. It is good that consumers voice out. So that we can expect a better service from these companies or other customers can be aware of what the products or services they will get from the company if they would become their customer. I got very unprofessional service from Amex when i want to apply their card. I sent application for 2 months, no one followed up. I followed up them, and they said they needed more documents from me (but they did not contact me for). I sent them and it took then another month. I followed up again. They said the new form was in place now. They need me to sign in the new form (the credit bureau permission form) and send again. I made a note in the form that unless it worked this time. Forget it, please cancel my application. And they come back to me after few days that they need a clean signed form. I need to sign a new one for me. I said 'Forget it', it took me too much effort to become your customer while I did not see and receive any effort from the staff. How can the application of a credit card take me that few months time and lot of efforts. As you said, i have a lot of other excellent choices from other companies. I don't know whether the management, marketing, and corporate affair team of Amex are aware what a waste of effort and money putting good advertising, corporate PR, and promotion activities while you have such a poor customer service team. By far, you are behind your competitors.

17th of Jul, 2008

Jason Freeman demanded tax records or my cards were suspended after years of prefect payments on time.

Screw him and his "team".

• Np
      29th of Jan, 2009

Amex Thailand mislead their customers, or should I say made an outright misrepresentation and lie to their card holder customers. The Amex staffs always give reaffirmining statements that the Platinum cards have no credit limit. I believed them for over ten years, only to find out that there actually are credit limits to all Platinum cards. Do you want to do business with people that lie to you? Why should you pay the B20, 000+ fee when other cards of equal stature are begging you to subscribe for memberships for free? They completely forget that fundamental to all business dealing is "trust". They make people feel "shame" to be holding Amex cards.

• Hu
      31st of Mar, 2009

send a message to obama, contact the better business bureau, and post stuff throughout the internet. lets all be heard. they are pulling this ### on a lot of their lower end customers