American Express - Thailand / american express very poor service
Living In Thailand, I have been a faithful American Express personal card member (no. [protected]) with good credit record for several years. Since the day I got the card I have paid my bills in full and never missing the payment.
A few weeks ago I received many phone calls from the Financial Review Team of American Express to force me to send more bank record. I said I was inconvenience to send the required document at that time and would do it a week after. However, I did not understand why they were asking this of me since I have been such a good customer and did not want more credit line. They always kept saying this was a new AMEX policy. The day later, they made annoying phone calls 3 times a day nagging me to send that document with very impolite tones and also threatened to cancel my card. This experience was very disappointed. I did not believe those words were from the world premium credit card company!!! Then, they quietly did it for their own personal pleasure without informing me in advance or signing something and were very happy when knowing that I had lost my face because of the card rejection. Can you believe this is how one of the top class credit card providers treated their own good customer? Sending a cancellation letter/fax/email or a phone call to their own customer may be too hard job for Thailand AMEX staff to do!
I do not care about cancellation since I still have several good choices to use as KTC mastercard, a very famous domestic card company in Thailand, particularly “Titanium I AM” which offers more attractive benefits, better service with no annual fee but touching the very impolite experience of AMEX is unbearable. Believe me that will come to you very soon if still being AMEX member .
More American Express - Thailand Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice 
- American Express - debt collection 
- American Express - interest rate increase 
- Your Centurion Card - fraud 
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - customer service, zero help! 
- American Express - credit card/ my account was closed without my permission
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - american express - car hire mileage [ref: 180222-004261]
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - trip id: 2471-8267; return flight
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - amex travel