Amazon.com / duplicate orders-beware!!!

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I placed an order on Sept. 24, 2008 for 2 DVDs and 2 books. I received a confirmation for 4 orders but I didn't check the body of each e-mail, only the subject line. Today I received in the mail 2 of the same DVDs from the same company. In speaking with an Amazon.com representative, they said I clicked the "One click" order button twice. Now, I kow it might be possible to do it once, but not twice! And it would have been by accident, anyway. So, I have 2 sets of DVDs ordered - one already here and one enroute. I may be able to cancel one if it hasn't been sent yet but the one I received, I have to absorb the shipping/handling fee if I return it.

My advice for anyone using the Amazon.com "One Click" order button, check the status of the order within 90 minutes and make sure there isn't a duplicate - if there is, you can cancel it. Also, check the body of your e-mail for confirmation of each order and specific titles. Especially when you are ordering more than one.

Ka

Comments

• Ro
      14th of Oct, 2008

I ordered one DVD on Sat night. Since then, the same order has been placed on Sunday, and again on Monday. How can you check within 90 minutes if you're not even on the computer?!?
    They told me to turn one click off. I've used one click for several years with no problem.