Amazon.com / blocked my sellers account for no reason

I just recently set up a sellers account on amazon. They randomly suspended my account after it not being open for more than 2 hours, stating that my account is related to an account which has been previously blocked for violations of their policies. I have asked them what is going on, why I am blocked, how they can relate me to someone elses account, and that I think I deserve details on this. Funny thing is, I have never sold on Amazon before. Amazon however REFUSES to provide detailed information, much less ANY information on how they linked my account to someone elses blocked account. They will only say they have "significant evidence" my account is related to a previously blocked account. Well, what evidence do they have and to whos account?? I do not understand this. I think it is completely unfair to block me for something I am not responsible for. Also, you cannnot reach headquarters by phone, nor can you reach the Amazon sellers support by phone. This is complete bullsh**!!

Comments

• Pa
      29th of Dec, 2006
    Amazon.com - Not received DVD of Star Trek
    India

I have purchased by paying thru my credit card on 19/02/2006 for CD pack of STAR TREk. They have till date not sent me the same. They were supposed to deliver by 04th may '2006. I do not know how and whom to contact as I stay in India. I suggest to be very careful ordering from Amazon.com if you live in India.

• Ju
      5th of Oct, 2007

I got my shell mastercard bill and it has a $63.95 charge and I have no idea what it was for.

• Ia
      7th of Nov, 2008
    Amazon.com - False advertizing
    Amazon.com
    California
    amazon.com

The sent me a flier advertizing a price of $1264 for a work bench and when I clicked the item less than 24 hrs later it was $1899!!! This is advertising a fake price!

• Li
      17th of May, 2009

I had an Amazon account and did really well with it. Over 10K a month. My son decided to open one up too. Within one week they closed both our accounts down. My son is 24 and I had no idea two from the same household could not have an account. It is stupid as he is an adult. My GF opened and account and they closed her account saying it was related to another account and she is in Sacramento. I guess when I was up there I used her comp. one time. It is terrible how Ebay and Amazon treat their customers and effect their lively hood. I have heard many stories about both these companies.

• Do
      27th of Jul, 2009

"Amazon.com Inc is trying to survive the economic crisis".

It looks like not only major financial companies are trying prevent themselves from going down while financial crisis is showing its power, but also Amazon.com looks like showing all the signs that deep recession or may be early depression is on its way.

Sellers on Amazon.com are frustrated because every action leads to suspension of their accounts on Amazon. And what’s even worth, sellers find out that their money are reserved by Amazon for 90 days without any right to get them back for that period of time. Every Amazon policy is written in the way that leads to suspension of your account without any serious reason. Amazon blocks sellers accounts and reserves thousands or may be millions of dollars for 90 days without any valid reason. For example, a statement like: "You have 5% of your orders cancelled or refunded, and we suspend your account because of your low selling performance", looks suspicious to me. Don’t the buyers have the right to cancel the order? Or we cannot cancel or refund the order just because Amazon doesn’t want it? Or maybe it wants us to do so in order to block our accounts and hold the money?

It looks like a good way for the company like Amazon to loan money without any interest in this tough economic situation. Do you think Amazon is trying to boost up its bottom line by reserving people's money? Good strategy but looks quite fraudulent.

The government really needs to check Amazon's activities. Companies have no right to reserve people's money for such a long period of time (90 days) or have no right at all. According to Amazon the reason why they reserve your money on their account is that in case if there are any claims from the buyers they will give their money back. Don’t they have 30 day return policy? So what about the rest 60 days?

The rest 60 days is enough for Amazon to invest your funds and make money or probably just cover their losses. Can you imagine what they can do with your money during 90 day period? They can invest many times in inventory or many other things and make it look like a healthy company. But there is no place on their financial statements that shows that this or that amount of money is the actual amount that was reserved (taken) from the sellers without their permission. I think they should be forced to have a section on their 10-K reports showing the amount of money (cash) that is a reserve amount that belongs to sellers on Amazon. Otherwise it makes their financials look good and their potential stock buyers are fooled.

I think their shareholders have the right to know what is going on inside the company. They just cannot continue boosting their earnings by taking people's money without any permission.

Amazon’s “service” that allows others to sell on their website have to be terminated or BLOCKED, like they call it. Because what they are doing it is far from being ethical. I think this company is doomed to be exposed one day like any other company with practices like that.

My recommendations for Amazon stockholders: SELL, SELL, SELL. And to potential buyers: DON’T BUY. Avoid risk as this company doesn’t pay for the risk associated with its actions.

• Am
      29th of Jul, 2009

I have reviewed Amazon seller guidelines 100 times and I am not sure that this seller guidelines works equally for everyone, I know many seller up there and I know exactly what they sell, Amazon simply profile people. I know many sellers has more than one account
    Most video game seller has import games, import video games supposed to not list on Amazon
    Galactic and bargainstations operated by one republican women
    CDromUSA and Geekwhosaler operated by Korean people
    Inetvideo and hubbagames operated by one Jewish guy
    Hitgaming sell %90 import games

For example if you are selling a book which talks about Israel negatively, most likely your account will be locked, Jeff Bezos will not allow anyone to sell this book or you get lower search
    (for example Jim carter )
    Jeff Bezos is big Jewish and he specifically target Muslim seller on Amazon
    Amazon has technology that can check your ancestry
    If you have problem Amazon just go ahead file a case with American arbitration association
    Finally there are no rules or regulation for seller on Amazon selling on Amazon depends on your religion and your ancestry

• Rg
      31st of Jul, 2009

Just had the exact same thing happen to me... I am soooo upset... I feel violated!!!

• Ri
      27th of Aug, 2009

The company is in trouble in my opinion which is why they took steps to close BUYER accounts (you know, people who buy from them and make their company exist) recently. Now it seems like they are really starting to close down seller accounts in an attempt to use their money to keep the operation running. Based on my own opinion you are at risk if you have good feedback and high sales. The good feedback means people will buy from you. If you have stumbled upon this post while researching Amazon after they put you under review my suggestion is to cancel all listings, refund orders which have not shipped out and do not process any orders. Your account suspension is coming in a few days and they will hold whatever funds you have for 90 days. You don't get a chance to represent your case, their decision is final.

• Da
      3rd of Sep, 2009

one more in the boat. I never had a seller account on amazon.com. All they say my account is blocked and is related to a previously blocked account that violated their policies. It seems they have significant evidence about it and I have no clue.

6th of Sep, 2009

This has happened to a lot of sellers (and according to this board non sellers). We are trying to start a class action lawsuit. There is an attorney in mind but we want to have lost of sellers that Amazon has wronged and held their money.

Please contact us at amazonclassaction@yahoo.com

22nd of Sep, 2009

I had the same situation too. I never had a seller account on amazon.com. How could be the violation of their policy?

• Kl
      5th of Oct, 2009

I know you are wrong. Prices on the page fluctuate often. I bought an ipod last week and watched it everyday its price for a week and its price was different every day.
    Sorry but it was bad luck bud!

• Na
      10th of Oct, 2009

Amazon and eBay both are using flash cookies technology, these cookies are somewhat like the normal cookies but the great advantage of these cookies are that user cannot find them easily in their computer.You can have more than 50 or may be 100 accounts with them.The only thing you need to make sure that you always delete these flash cookies from your computer or any unknown computer to minimize the risk of account linking.Please make sure to take 3 to 4 steps before accessing any account on any computer which make your life trouble free.There is no technology in this world who can link your account if you do these tricks.
    1.Always delete cookies and flash cookies from your computer you can find out flash cookies by “%appdata%macromediaflash player#sharedobjects”.
    2.Try to avoid using your id from multiple computers like from office or internet cafe because of simple reason that you may be able to delete the cookies but you will not be able to change the WAN ip which is the second terminology to link your accounts by ip address.
    3. Use diffrent profile in win xp with different mac address.
    4.Last but not least please make sure to restart your modem or router to get different wan ip address each time to access your account.To find out your computer wan ip simple click on http://www.whatismyip.com/automation/n09230945.asp

I hope this article will help you guys to make sure to not mistake in future.Forget about last account start with new accounts with these tips.

Happy selling on eBay and Amazon

• Cy
      22nd of Oct, 2009

Hi Narvinder,

Great tips. Many Thanks for them. Just one question, can you please explain point 3. I believe mac address is only one and is unique to every computer. How can one have different mac addresses?.

Really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Akshat

• Mi
      24th of Oct, 2009

There are also non-computer ways they link that will have to be dealt with:
    Phone number (pre-paid phone card)
    Credit Card (gift card)
    email (new gmail account)
    I've even read on the net that they canceled the account of some guy who bought the inventory off someone with a canceled account, so they must have some way of comparing inventory. Does anyone know about this and ways to get around it?

• Cr
      27th of Oct, 2009

I am in the UK and started an amazon seller account at the beginning of October to fulfill my Halloween face paint sales. On starting the account we were amazed with the orders flooding in and ordered more inventory in order for us to continue listing items and getting this huge volume of orders. On Sunday out of the blue I received an email saying my account was under review, Halloween is THIS saturday - the UK postal service strikes on Weds, Thurs and Friday and amazon have pulled the carpet from under my feet, potentially leaving my business in severe problems, with stock that will not sell after Halloween!!

I have sent continuous emails and tried calling and can never get any response from anyone except them repeating the same email saying your account is under review. Can they do this?? What can I do??

• We
      28th of Oct, 2009

Stop selling same thing happen to us; after the revie your account will be locked down for 90 day's. We have 8K euro stock there till Mid January. Don't get fooled.

• Dj
      28th of Oct, 2009

Crazy legs the same thing has happened to me last sunday I received the blocked account e mail. They state that they have suspended my account for 30 days as my sales volume or inventory level is not supported by sufficient buyer feedback or established sales history. I have been selling on Amazon for 2 months now and it can't be helped if customers don't wish to leave feedack. I'm sure customers would soon let me know of any problems, then I would understand and fully appreciate amazons concern. I tried e-mailing them and got the same response. They also won't allow me to withdraw my money for 30 days. It really is a liberty that they are ale to do this but what can we do about it. Imagine the amount of money they have in their system if they are constantly randomly doing this to their 3rd party sellers. It turns them into a bank especially if they are investing our money. When the 30 days is up I've decided to withdraw my funds and close my account with them, I'll revert back to e bay. They seem to be a law unto themselves and there is nothing we seem to be able to do about it I'm afraid.

• Bz
      29th of Oct, 2009

Absolutely agree with this complaint against Amazon...THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME THIS WEEK, and I was a 100% positive feedback seller for the past 3 years. I've never opened an account under ANY other name or alias. My only guess is a former roommate, who I may have shared an IP with 2 years ago, was blocked and then later they somehow linked that to me (different states now, only shared an IP for a few months back in 2006, etc.). Crazy!

I used to say that Amazon was so much better than eBay/PayPal because eBay did something like this to me as a result of a PayPal dispute...but Amazon is no better than eBay and they do the same thing with their customer service (farm it out to India and refuse to have a human being acknowledge your requests for more info).

Amazon is now on one of my 'most hated' corporations, along with eBay/Paypal. It's one thing to catch me doing something wrong, and penalize me for it, but this is draconian, extra-heavy handed, AND DOESN'T EVEN GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION TO RESPOND TO OR DEFEND MYSELF. It's absolutely Amazon's choice to treat us this way, but as their customers, we all need to fight back by keeping as MUCH business away from them as possible...I can't believe they're doing this, but they're choosing to boot a ton of valid customers/sellers (apparently). AMAZON CAN EAT MY ###!

13th of Dec, 2009

Visit http://www.amazonstealth.com/ for a complete guide on how to get back on Amazon after getting suspended. Guaranteed new account with the AmazonStealth eBook!

- Also there is more things that Amazon tracks besides cookies on your computer. Find out more by reading the eBook! Plus you can even get it for free on their site!

Check out Amazon Stealth now before the price of it goes up!