Amana SXD26VE Refrigerator / Incometent employees/RipOff
On June 3rd we had an A&E service tech come to our house to look at our Ice maker. It was no longer making ice. He stated it was a very common problem with Amana icemakers and he was surprised it lasted 8 years. We agreed to the replacement cost of $393 for parts & labor. He had the part on his truck so it was replaced.
The next day - still no ice. So we called and had the same tech return on June 5th. This time he stated the Solenoid valve was alsom dead and needed to be replaced. This time the charge was $105.
Next day - still no ice.
Tech returned June 10th and this time said it was the wiring harness on the icemaker. He replaced at no charge... Here it is June 11th and guess what...no ice.
I called and requested a refund and was told the complaint would be submitted to their "billing" department and I should hear from someone within 3 days.
I'm not waiting, contacting the credit card company now to dispute the charges. Beware of this company.
More Amana SXD26VE Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- Amana Refrigerator - Non ending repairs on refrigerator 
- Amana / French Door Refrigerator - Bad product and service 
- Amana Refrigerator - Poor service 
- Amana Evenair Convection Oven - No replacement part
- Amana Bottom Freezer Fridge - A lemon by any other name... is still a lemon! 
- Amana Brand - clothes dryer
- Amana Brand - Washer not finishing its cycle 
- Amana - Washer machine wont start 
- Amana Stoves - New unit is damaged as well 
- amana/refigerator - evaporator fan fails new design