Amana Refrigerator / Quality/Service
Since purchasing an over under, Stainless Steel counter depth Amana Refrigerator, model #ABC2037DES in 2004, I have had nothing but trouble. Thermostats failed several times, the defrost coils broke several times, the compressor broke and leaked. It seemed that the problems were elusive because it would take several visits by the technicians to diagnose, get parts and repair the problems. All in all we have had 12 visits from A&E.
I have experienced many days lost from work. It has been extremely inconvenient due to the uncertainty of the time of the factory authorized service technician arrival from A&E Repair. It has been very inconvenient having to transfer food to and use our 10 year old Kenmore, $350 back-up basement refrigerator. For the first year of problems Amana said there was nothing they could do and that some parts were under warranty, some were not. After 2 years of complaining, they finally offered up to $500 towards the purchase of a new refrigerator. I will not buy an Amana product again.
More Amana Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- Amana Refrigerator - Non ending repairs on refrigerator 
- Amana / French Door Refrigerator - Bad product and service 
- Amana Refrigerator - Poor service 
- Amana Evenair Convection Oven - No replacement part
- Amana Bottom Freezer Fridge - A lemon by any other name... is still a lemon! 
- Amana Brand - terrible customer service 
- Amana Brand - clothes dryer 
- Amana Brand - Washer not finishing its cycle 
- Amana - Washer machine wont start 
- Amana Stoves - New unit is damaged as well