Amana Convection Range / Defective range

I purchased an Amana convection range in February 2005. This is one of their more expensive models. The clock and main heating element for the oven shorted out. The repair man said we're lucky it didn't start a fire. I contacted Amana and they said it was out of warranty and they would do nothing for me. I think a range that is not even 2 years old should be covered for replacement of the replacement items at no charge. The repairman said it would be over $500.00 to fix and recommended purchasing a new range instead. If I have to go to that extreme, it will not be an Amana.

N  1st of May, 2009 by
If you have an Amana range that allows heat to escape from the ranges/ovens when used in their intended manner and is causing irreparable damage to other components or the ranges/oven, including but not limited to, the units’ control board. This problem can discolor the units, diminishing their value and compromises the ability of the ranges/ovens to perform in their intended manner.

If so, this on going problem poses a significant safety risk to their users and property. I know many of you are frustrated and many of you have complained to Amana and have been told that, “There have been no complaints or that the problem does not exist”. Well they won’t be able to say that any more if the thousands of us come together as one and voice our concerns and complaints.

If you would like to be heard and possibly have your range replaced or fixed please send me an email of your existing problem along with your units’ serial number and model number and together we will be heard. vloredo@cox.net

Amana Brand Logo Amana Brand