All My Sons Moving / avoid this company

1 350 Long Beach Blvd.Stratford, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 203-377-9500

I certainly wish that I had taken the time to research this company before employing their services. Unfortunately, I was pressed for time and too trusting in them when they initially contacted me. The woman who contacted me (sounded like she was reading a script) told me that they had no complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau. Wow, an impeccable record. Why should I even bother checking? Well, I have since checked them out with the BBB (as well as filed a complaint) and they have 14 complaints on record. Quite a jump from 0, wouldn't you say?

Allow me to share my moving experience with you. To put it simply: I was robbed. Yes, literally. The movers, or at least one of them, whose services were costing me $170/hr. seemed to have helped themselves to some valuable items. Bear in mind that it was an extremely hot day, and I was working alongside them. I did not have the time to inventory all of my belongings. Several items were placed on to the truck and were not off-loaded. This constitutes theft. Unfortunately, the owner and manager of this company seem to feel differently.

Upon realizing that a theft had occurred, I phoned the company immediately. I was told that they would get back to me. Well, they didn't. I phoned again and was once again told that "they would call me back." This went on for about a week or so. These people simply don't give a rat's #. Once they're done 'courting' your business, they move on and look for their next prey.

I contacted the local BBB, the state of Connecticut, as well as numerous other agencies, websites etc. This is what it took to finally get them to acknowledge my existence. The response I received from them, regarding this grievous occurrence, was far from satisfactory. To be honest, it was insulting. All I was told was "... you signed the papers..." A release of responsibility. That's all they were looking for. Well, like I said, I was working hard that day and wanted the movers to be done as quickly as possible ($170/hr., remember). Needless to say they did not finish quickly enough (3x the estimated price), but I was all too happy to sign anything just to get them off-the-clock.

This has been a nightmare. I'm actually not quite sure as to what has been worse: dealing with these imbeciles, or having my property stolen. To anyone out there searching for a moving company, please just take the time and do a little research. Sometimes all it takes is to conduct a quick internet search & hear what people have to say. I should have. Avoid this company at all costs.

Comments

• Di
      10th of Jun, 2010

These pieces of [censored] stole from me as well. I had them pack up m belongings and store them in storage unit. I was gone overseas for several months, so I did not discover this theft until I returned and unpacked my things. This is unbelievable - I have moved several times before, and these guys were by far the worst. In addition to the theft, they will bill you a higher fee than quoted, and the unprofessional movers will consistently remind you to tip them (and how much to tip the). I concur with a previous poster - AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.