All My Sons Moving & Storage Logo

All My Sons Moving & Storage

Having problems with All My Sons Moving & Storage?

2337 Patterson Industrial Drive
Pflugerville, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with All My Sons Moving & Storage.

Complaints & Reviews

All My Sons Moving and Storagedamages

WARNING - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY unless you want all of your furniture and personal items damaged and destroyed. Used previously, fair price and average movers with little damage on inter-city moving. Used again for storage and long distance move, destroyed and damaged $15, 000 of expensive furniture and somehow they lost a $400 LCD Flat Screen TV. The owner-Mark Clair's comment was "you should have purchased the additional insurance if you wanted your items repaired or replaced-I have met my legal obligation by offering you $693 for damages". As the movers destroyed the furniture one by one and my complaints, their comment was "you shouldn't have bought such heavy furniture that couldn't be moved on a furniture dolly". After paying this company $12, 000 for moving and storage, they have the nerve to offer $693 for my inconvenience, they should be put out of business!!!

All My Sons Moverslabor

My move was confirmed (Friday 3/26/10) without a problem. The men would arrive in the afternoon. However, on Saturday (3/27) I received a call asking me if I was flexible to move earlier in the day. I agreed to an early start on Monday 3/29. Now it is too late to fix what happened next.

The man calling quickly ended our conversation with a switch I am not happy about. I purposely hired four movers, not two!!! I was told after I agreed to the early start, that the men would show up in the morning and they would be joined by the rest of the men later. Then he got off the phone before I fully understood what had happened.

This is not what I wanted. It prolongs the move by several hours while we wait for the rest of the labor to show up. I am being pushed into a longer time of moving to help management save on labor issues. This defeats my sole reason for hiring four men, given our average amount of stuff.

We have children and want to pay for a fast move with four men. AM or PM is fine. But don't show up with just two men and then, after a prolonged move, expect me to pay for two more men who show up late to the party, one which should have been over sooner. I contracted for four men from start to finish!!!
    Asking about my flexability for AM or PM clearly was misrepresented and not the issue. Rather I was called to fill out the labor schedule, keep two guys busy in the morning and they will be joined later by the rest. So when I agreed to the AM move, I lost my four man team. This is underhanded and after the fact. This will be our last move with All My Sons.

All My Sons Moving and Storagecompletely horrible moving experience

We moved approximately 14 miles from a condo in Fort Myers to house in Lehigh Acres. We spoke with All My Sons approximately 2 weeks prior to our move giving them a list of the furniture to be moved. This list included but was not limited to a 65" t.v.; king size bedroom suit with headboard, footboard, 4 pillars, armoir and night stand; kingsize bedroom suit with head/footboards, triple dresser with mirror, two night stands. All in all there were approximately the equivalent of a 2 bedrooms and a living room. Our items didn't even fill up a truck. Two men arrived approximately 2 hours late. One of the men smelled so badly we had to leave all doors and windows open. And to top that the same smelly guy asked to use our restroom and 30 minutes later he came out and at that time we were forced to stand outside the condo due to the smell!!! After spending more than 5 hours loading the truck, we were finally on our way to our new home. As my husband stood outside the truck, he witnessed the movers pick up a small desk, one guy dropped his end of the desk and items just laid on the top of the desk fell to the ground and broke into multiple pieces. At that point we realized our items had not been secured in the truck and had been flung all over! The piece that had been dropped out of the truck was the piece that holds the wrought iron canopy over our bed. There was a scratch across the big screen tv and the front base of the dresser to the 2nd bedroom suit was pulled off. The movers acknowledged they broke the bed. We immediately called All My Sons who assured me they were insured and the damages would be covered. This was August 31, 2009. The owner, John Brown, first said he would repair the damage to the bed. We were satisfied with this as long as the repair was safe (again, this was hanging over our heads when we were in bed) and as long as the repair was not noticeable. Because we thought John Brown and All My Sons were going to take care of the problems caused by their employees, we didn't pursue the damaged t.v. or the dresser damages. More than a month passed with no word from John Brown and All My Sons. We had people come in to get estimates on repairing our furniture. We were told it was not repairable. John Brown sent his "guy" to our house. After waiting for 3-4 weeks for Patrick to contact us, he showed up at our house at approximately 10:00 a.m. He was reeking of alcohol, was unsteady on his feet and was completely unprofessional. Patrick stated he couldn't fix the damages. Approximately 2 weeks later, another gentleman showed up at my house stating Patrick had sent him out. As a matter of fact, the gentleman (who was extremely nice and professional) thought my husband was the person who made the phone call to his company! This man looked at the damages, shook his head and said there was no way the damages could be repaired and he didn't want to be involved in any way. Patrick continued to call my cell phone at different times (early in the morning, close to midnight, etc) stating he was going to fix our furniture. Every time he sounded drunk. We asked him to quit calling. Patrick continued to make the phone calls. Finally, my husband told him we were going to the police if he didn't quit calling me. We were then asked by All My Sons to submit proof of comparable replacement items. We found a similar bed on sale for $2, 500.00. After approximately 4 months, we were offered a whopping $90 for the damage to our $4, 000.00 bedroom suit. Again, we contacted John Brown at All My Sons Moving. He stated he would check it out and call us back. Never got the call back ~ imagine that! After multiple phone calls and complaints to both John Brown and his wife Mary - the owners of All My Sons in Fort Myers - John Brown said since he couldn't repair the damages to the bed he would rufnd us in full the cost of our move. John Brown stated we would have a check within the week. Two weeks later, we didn't have the check - surprise, surprise, surprise...we called John Brown at All My Sons. As always, he conveniently wasn't available. Our phone calls were never returned. After another month had passed, Mary (John Brown's wife) came to the phone and said John would only refund a portion of the cost of our move. Again, we were lied to. It is now mid-March 2010 and John Brown and All My Sons is offering us $347.00 to replace the items damaged by All My Sons. We were told over a week ago that a check was in the mail for the full amount of our move. I want to reiterate that we have been forced to replace our bedroom suit, a triple dresser and our 65" t.v. John Brown expects us to sign a waiver saying upon acceptance of the $347.00 we would be completely satisfied PRIOR to receiving a check...I have one thing to say to that...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! WARINING - DO NOT USE ALL MY SONS MOVING AND STORAGE IN FORT MYERS FLORIDA!!! THEY CAN NOT TELL THE TRUTH, THEY WILL DAMAGE YOUR PROPERTY AND YOU WILL BE STUCK REPLACING YOUR FURNITURE!!! THEY ARE AN EXTREMELY UNPROFFESSIONAL, NON-TRUSTWORTHY, AND UNBELIEVABLE!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

All My Sons Movingavoid! stolen items, inflated prices and bad business practices

I hired All My Sons for my move on 2/21/09. We had used them on 4 occasions prior, and while the service wasn't the best, it was at least mediocre.

On the morning of the move, the crew arrived, and the chief was very nice. An obvious salesman, but still very nice and accommodating. I had gotten my estimate online for the items we were moving, and it was to be around $900.00. I figured that would be a little pricey for a move that was only 1 mile away, but since they were doing all of my hard work I went along with it.

The crew started packing up items I told them that we were leaving at our home. After correcting them many times, I found later on after the move they packed it all anyway. There were items out on our lanai that were not packed that we had forgotten about. The crew chief said we had to initial a small part of the contract stating that they had to pack a few items. I did so, with no trouble. He even told me that it wouldn't be much money and that they had it 'under control'. These were items that were property of the new home owner, that my wife and I settled on in our closing agreement. We had to lug all of these extra boxes back to the house for the new owners, despite telling All My Sons.

When the moving truck arrived at our new home, the crew chief came upstairs and told us that the bill for the move was over $3000.00 and that they could not unload the truck until that was paid. I was shocked. I had no idea that this would be so pricey and at no point did anyone tell me it would be. Not the owner or manager 'John' who I spoke to, the crew or the operators I set it up with. The crew chief told me that because they had to do 'so much packing' that this was why it was so much. All of the items 'packed' were items I told them NOT TO TOUCH and that they were property of the new owners of the home. This I found out after the move and when I opened the boxes. They really only had to pack 3 boxes for us, as the rest was not meant to leave that house. I had left the old home for the new and left my wife to oversee the movers and getting out of the old house, while I set up everything at the new place. I wish I hadn't. They completely took us for all we were worth. I left to get some drinks for our kids and when I came back the movers were gone. A very large TV was sitting on the floor of our living room, and items I told them pointedly to leave downstairs in our storage area were up in the apartment. They obviously weren't listening to anything I said.

When opening the boxes, I noticed MANY items missing. I am missing my baseball bat from little league that I had for 35 years. I had planned to give it my son when he started playing. My wife remembers them carrying it to the truck, but it never arrived here. All of my collectible hot wheels from the 70s, star wars figures, and baseball cards are missing as well. Two leather jackets and other family sentimental items are all gone. When I called to straighten all of this out, the owner was always 'in a meeting', or 'not in'. I left countless messages with the office which were never returned. The people in the office told me they 'cant help me', when I tried to explain it to them. I sent letters both certified and faxes and have never heard one response. I'm not a rich man, and I dont have money to get a lawyer and pursue these criminals. If I could, I most certainly would have. PLEASE do yourself a favor and do not use this service. They WILL lie to you, and they WILL steal whatever isn't nailed down.

All My Sons Moving and Storagelazy, destructive, & questionable billing

All My Sons moved us from Flordia to Dallas, TX and the expereince was terrifying. Not only did they destroy priceless family heirlooms, but the also charged us multiple times for the same service and although we have long since paid in full (all of the erronious and non-contractual fees) they still call from their collections department. The movers were lazy, taking frequent smoke breaks and cell phone breaks (leaving me and my husband to most of the actual moving) but they were destructive and ruined beyond repair most of our furniture (and then refused to pay for the repairs). This is a horrible and unfair company. I would plead with anyone I know to save themselves months of worry, bother, and frustration by moving even the smallest amount to the smallest distance.

• Me
              Melanie Chambers May 16, 2011

Wow...wish I had found this website. I'm another victim of All My Sons! The question I'm asking now is what didn't they tear up??? Along with ridiculous charges, terrible customer service etc. I'd need lots of room to tell you about our experience with them...totally unbelievable!! I imagine like all of you...we get to live with two year old furniture that now looks like crap or can't be used at all! I plan to start a smear campaign here in Tulsa, OK...I don't want anyone else to have to go thru what we did...moving is stressful enough!!!

Melanie Chambers
              Tulsa, OKlahoma

• Mo
              MOLESTED Oct 16, 2014

I contracted All My Sons (Three Tugs With A Truck) in the WDC Metro Area (Halethorpe, MD office) and the experience(s) was appalling and unbelievable. This was an emergency situation as my contracted mover never showed.

All of the warning signs of such practices are described on the FMCSA website. I am a senior and after the rape was finally over was just glad that I was not physically attacked by the obviously ex-con movers. Al of the warning signs- double quotes - rented truck (with no company markings) - obviously unqualified, lazy and ex-con workers - absolutely no company concern when calling to complain.

Now get a load of this- I searched the net for previous customer experiences and found plenty before contracting. I thought certainly that as the complaints were nation-wide that the mover I contracted was local and not part of this scam. WRONG ANSWER! This seems to be a nation-wide franchise and I fell for the snow-job the young lady presented on the phone.

The FMCSA has a complaint procedure but their being a part of out present fine Federal Government, most likely would care less to hear it or less to act on a complaint. All I know is that after the experience, the movers and the new neighborhood had cigarettes as the sexual experience proved to be very fulfilling for them.

All My Sons Moving and Storage — horrible movers

Movers arrived 3 hours late. 2:55pm – Movers arrive. I went outside to meet them and the first thing...

All My Sons Moving and Storage - Roswell, GA locationno hidden fees - everything for move included in fee

I contacted All My Sons Moving and Storage regarding moving one bedroom suite of furniture. At the time of the call, the representative that I spoke with gave me the price of $220.00 for a two-hour minimum and any additional hour would be charged at $104.00 in 15-minute increments. (So if it took 2 hours and 15 minutes, you would only be charged for 1/4 of the hourly price.) When the movers arrived at the pick up location, I was then called to find out if I wanted to take out the additional insurance in case of breakage or damage. (Ummm, can you say, "Hidden Fee"?) When the furniture arrived at my home address, an adult was present to receive but they didn't want to proceed until I was there to sign the credit card slip - HELLO, how do you know how long it is going to take? When I arrived, within 20 minutes of their arrival, they had pretty much done NOTHING!!! I went upstairs to the bedroom where the furniture was being taken and before I went back downstairs, they were finally bringing in a piece of furniture - to which one of the movers says "Uh oh!" like they had been caught. They then proceeded to lollygag around - wasting time because they had already timed themselves out at 11:30 am (they had arrived at 10:00 am - so they weren't going to hurt themselves to move any faster). It took them at least 10 minutes between trips to the truck - and I heard them taking personal phone calls to boot! So finally, shortly after 11:00 am (less than 5 minutes after the hour) they were through (how convenient - I'm now being charged for an additional 15 minutes) - when I asked about the time and told the guy that I wasn't paying them until 11:30 since they were already finished and then on the slip they had tacked on another $10 for wrapping fees ("Hidden Fee" yet again) - when the guy called into the office about changing the charge slip, after laughing with the person on the other end of the phone, ERIC, he proceeded to make the changes - although I was overcharged by at least 1/2 hour (which granted is only $52 - but it is the principle of the thing - I was given a $26 credit) Unfortunately, the next day, I was very sick with the flu and when I finally checked my credit card account, they had put through the first original amount. When I called to find out why I was asked why did it take me almost a week to call? The whole conversation was very condescending and disrespectful (but that is just my opinion, which I was also told that I was entititled to). I will not ever recommend this company to anyone and hope that no one else has to endure this type of BS.

All My Sons Moving and Storagecustomer servise

Sales person confirmed a 7:30 AM arrival. By 12:20 PM we had placed 5-6 calls and been told that the crew would arrive within an Hour and a half, then an hour then..."call the sales person if you want any help" of course sales person does not answer.

This is common in this industry but the level of disregard for the customer from this organization is a new high.

Do not contract with All My Sons Moving and Storage.

All My Sons Movingthey are horrible.

Same kind of story as everyone else. I wish I had done some research before hiring them.

When I called about estimates, the salesman whose name I must have repressed, told me the job would be three hours - that he's been in this business with his family a long time, and he could figure out how much time it would take to move a 2-bedroom home. I specifically asked about travel time; since my new home was a short distance, could that be used as moving time - he said, "of course".

When the crew of three arrived, they took 10 minutes to stand around the van and chat. They also said my place would take at least 5 or 6 hours to move, but they would work their best. They also said lots of their customers would go to the ATM and pick up cash for their tips. They wasted time needlessly disassembling furniture, text messaging, tracking dirt all over the house (the salesman said they were going to lay out a red carpet so that wouldn't happen). Near the three hour mark, the lead mover made a deal with me that instead of paying $150 an hour, I could pay a flat price ($75 per man), and they would rent a U-Haul and take their time moving the rest of my stuff. Yes, I am an idiot, and I agreed.

So with half my stuff in the truck, we got to the new house where I was handed a bill for $150 more than what I was quoted over the phone. Of course when I called the salesman, he conveniently wasn't going to be in for a few hours, and I had to speak to the dispatcher (while I'm sure the salesman laughed). He said there was nothing to be done, explained the travel time fee - which wasn't at all as the original salesman told me. So while I was on the phone, the movers sat around on the truck and refused to give me my stuff. So I paid them, and interestingly enough, while it took them over 3 lazy hours to pack my belongings, they unpacked cursing the entire time in less than 1/2 hour - broken table legs, disassembled furniture (have no idea where they put the hardware), boxes that read "fragile: do not stack" at the bottom of a pile... I had to move the rest of my stuff myself.

By the time I talked to the salesman, he told me there was nothing he could do and "People usually have more stuff than they think, " and that he would pass on the incident to the manager.

Great company - with a bunch of lazy workers that badmouth their company and try to get sidework by moving slow. I'm sure they're all in on it.

They have a place on their site for reviews. You'll notice there is only one review, positive of course, and a note saying they get so many customer reviews that not every one will be posted. They also ask for all your information. I wouldn't give it. I don't want them to break in my house or set my lawn on fire. I wouldn't put it past them.

Martin Buinicki May 08, 2008

We hired three men and a truck to pack up our belongings. One of the men spent nearly an hour sitting in the cab of the truck talking on his cell phone. The other two spent their time wrapping and padding our belongings. When the third guy came in from the truck he had them un-wrap and redo much of the stuff.

The move-out went fairly smoothly, although I was disappointed that no protection was put down on the hardwood floors.

Delivery to our new home was a different story. The story was that it "wasn't their fault" than pieces were broken, scarred and otherwise damaged. Plus two pieces were missing altogether. They were a large oriental carpet, and an aluminum exgtension ladder. We had paid extra for these two "Over Sized" items. When asked when we could expect them to be brought out, we were told that we would have to wait "until they had another truck comming our way"!

We noted the discrepancies on the receipt we signed. As of now, 10 days later, we have heard nothing from the company.

• Pe
                    Penny Montani Jul 23, 2008

I AGREE!!! THEY ARE A SCAM.

• Pr
                    Praveen SR Aug 28, 2009

Agree...dont ever opt for Chennai pakcers & movers.

• we moved from oregon to Seattle used all my sons moving company. It was just the start of nightmare.
                    Furnitures were damaged. They didn't reply after we submitted claim form until we had to kept contacting them. BUT, they refused to make compansation as 60Cents per pound for damaged item. They compensated as goodwill quality.
                    Be prepared to go court.

This company should be out out of bussiness!!!

• Al
                    All in pieces Apr 08, 2011

This company's hired moving labor damage and broken some of my personal property and lied that they will replace it. Thier workers also were slow and rude. One that really got my seek legal consel is that they broken a tinited glass top and taken the broken pieces with them. The worker stated that the glass company need the broken pieces to make the correct measurements and that it will taken 2 weeks to reciece the glass because of its speciality bevel cut and it had to be done by an outside company. When I tried to follow up, my calls were first ignored . i thought that was strange for a business in the middle of a work week and in the morning not to take calls so I used my daugher's cell phone and they immediatly picked up. They became very snippy when I asked about the completeion of the glass and that is when they told me they are not going to replace the glass. They lied to me and made it look like I broken my on glass and blame them for it. I was framed.

All My Sons Moving Companyhuge inconvenience

We were RIPPED off by All My Sons. One my first call to them, they were extremely helpful and nice and said they would arrive between noon and 3 and it would be $80/hr. They would also bring bubble wrap to wrap up my tv for safe transporting. Around 3:30pm I called to check on their status and they said they were running a little late - duh. and would arrive around 4pm. ... At 5pm I called again to check on their status (they NEVER called me to let me know they would be hours late). They said the driver was 10 minutes away. ... I called again at 6:15pm to find out the driver had gone down the wrong street and was just sitting at a dead end looking at a map. So, I gave the driver instructions. He never showed. I called again and gave him instructions again. They FINALLY showed, SEVERAL hours late. My roommates were moving out at the same time with a different company. All My Sons took twice as long to move 1/2 as much stuff to their truck. Same story with the unloading. In the end, our stuff was finally in our new place (walls very scratched) around 9:30pm. We were slapped with a $400 bill at $89/hr instead of the $80/hr I was quoted. (Roommates with twice the amount of stuff were moved in less than half the time and were charged $160.)

1. They did not bring the bubble wrap to wrap the TV.
                  2. We were charged a 'traveling fee' - they were 3 1/2 - 6 HOURS LATE!
                  3. We called customer service and the man we talked to was extremely rude to us. They took nothing off our bill, hardly apologized for the inconvenience and were surprised we wanted to cancel a move we had scheduled for 2 weeks later.

Moral of the story - this was the worst moving experience EVER. Worse than when I moved from one city to another.

When I called to talk to someone about it and cancel the next move we had scheduled I talked to three people and each was equally rude. *Note: the actual movers were very nice, the company was not.

All My Sons Movingjesse

DO NOT use this company! I have moved 12 times over the 30 years and I must admit this was the worst move experienece I have ever had. This is includes long distance moves. This was a local move - 12miles.

I will list some of the things that caused this:
                    1. The truck sent could not deliver all my furniture with one trip. I did complete a form on my initial contact with the company that this was a 3 bedroom home with items stored in the garage.
                    2. When they arrived and could not load everything with one load. I was told that this was the biggest truck they had.
                    3. This led to me paying overtime to have all of my items delivered. While I agreed to this I was not happy with all of the extra rediculous charges.
                    4. I was charged mileage due to the overtime and it was an outrageous amount? I told the driver it was so and he agreed. I did hear this while he talked with their front office.
                    5. NOT all items were delivered. I had to move several heavy boxes that were left upstairs. I told the movers I would take the lamps but they left bedposts, boxes (heavy), playpen, etc. Shouldn't their lead guy go through the house to make sure all items were loaded?
                    6. After the first delivery was complete they ask me if I wanted them to go back to pick up the remaining items. DUH...isn't that why I hired them? I am sorry they missed personal committments they had.
                    7. While the movers did a good job of trying to pack everthing for one trip there were moments that they were unprofessional. I believe cursing on the job is not necessary.
                    8. Also, complaining about the company they work for is something I did not need to hear. Imagine my thoughts as I was hearing this. If what they say is true I can understand some of their complaints. Is it true that they do not get overtime pay? What do you do with the overtime cost I paid if I am forced to pay extra mileage on top of overtime.
                    9. At the end of the day I heard one from their office say to charge me extra $$ for a second trip to the house over the OT payment.

When I was provided a quote I thought what a great deal and was looking forward to a good expeience. That was a mistake. In the end it cost me twice what I was qouted and with lousy service. I could have hired a national mover to do the same for the same cost.

I was asked to complete a survey by the driver after the move was complete and I had to fill it out right then. Why wasn't I given time to write this? Asking to complete this form "now" is not a good way of getting an honest response. Why didn't someone from the office check to see if everything went okay? Perhaps you knew of some these issues and chose not to call.
                    Since I have to move items left behind myself I think the least they could do is refund an amount of what I paid to have ALL items moved. At the very least they could address my issues.
                    I sent a complaint to All My Sons and recieved NO response. I am left with sharing with others my experience.
                    Why couldn't I wait a few weeks to wirte this "survey"? I wanted to have a chance to focus on the "facts" of this move. At the very least I would expect partial repayment. I am disgusted!

• Ju
                        justlistening Jul 14, 2009

If you have moved, "12 times over the 30 years" then you know to SIGN A SPECIFIC CONTRACT! I have moved more than 10 times in 15 years, including international. NEVER had a problem because I insisted on an on-site appraisal and a signed contract.

Those of you reading, do your homework, and don't be cheap.

All My Sons Moving & Storagedamage/threats

The movers from All My Sons in Denver showed up on time, and Ricky, the "lead, " reeked of marijuana. He said "Any problems, we stop the move immediately and reschedule." Well, when was the last time YOU could reschedule a move? I couldn't--I had that day to move, and that day only. So, I let them continue. I had made it clear that my armoire, a beautiful piece of burled maple with delicate Asian legs, was very dear to me (I saved for over 6 months for it, and it's the only really nice, new, undamaged thing I owned). Ricky dropped it off of the truck, smashing the trim, ripping the legs off and scratching and gouging it. I started crying, and he had the balls to complain to his boss that I was "stressing him out!" They took my armoire to be repaired by an "expert repairer." It was gone a month. It was supposed to be delivered on 6/4/09, but they never showed up. I called the office [protected] the next morning and spoke to Benjamin Andrews, the office manager. Andrews started raising his voice to me because I was causing so much trouble over my armoire. He said, "I don't think you know who I am! I know who YOU are. I know where you live. I know that you live alone. I know you a little girl and I'm going to come and SEEEEE you. You think you a big bad ###...I'll show you a bad ###. I'm going to come over to your house and teach you a lesson." I called the Denver police, filed a report, will be filing a restraining order against him. The officer said that they get multiple complaints every month about Vic (the owner) and his gang--that they quote one price then hold furniture hostage until you pay double or more, that they damage furniture then try to get away with not fixing it, that they threaten people. They tried to deliver my armoire today, and all the "expert repairer" had done was screw the legs on--the gouges, scrapes, dent and trim were unrepaired. I'll be filing a Better Business Bureau complaint, and contacting the media (once my armoire is repaired) and probably suing them. Keep this company and its ### employees out of your house!

damage/threats
                      damage/threats

All My Sonsovercharged and scammed

Where to begin...this company is a COMPLETE rip off. We had used them before to do a move and were only charged $85 for an hour move (which included the drive time). So we figured we would use them again when we moved less than 1 mile up the road. We called and were told it was going to be $98 for the hour and drive. The movers showed up early and did a good job packing our stuff into the truck. When we arrived at our destination, I received a phone call stating that I owed $294! I was confused as to why I was being charged triple the amount previously stated. I was told the drive was $98 and the move was another $98. We had 15 minutes left on our hour but the driver had told the company we still had an hour left. All we had to move was 12 boxes (which was easily moved with a dolly), a bed, tv, and a few frames. There was NO way we needed movers for 2 hours! I asked to speak with a manager who, instead of being courteous to the customer, started getting irate and HUNG UP the phone on me mid sentence!!
                        I refused to pay anything more than the amount quoted when I made the reservation. The manager (Steve), called the movers and told them to drive off the lot. Needless to say, my boyfriend threw a fit. I tried to call him again and see why we were being charged so much, once again he got an attitude with me and hung up on me. We called our lawyer, who then called Steve. Steve rudely hung up the phone on her! The movers (who were quite nice, considering the situation), told us that Steve had called the police on us for refusing to pay. For a company who "boasts" excellent customer service, they sure proved to be the complete opposite. When I finally got through to Steve, he started spouting off about how the tariffs and taxes and rates are constantly changing and that the longer we took to pay the MORE our bill was going to be, as if that explained why we were being RIDICULOUSLY over charged. At this point, I was beyond frustrated and called the cops to come down.
                        Steve never called us, instead he kept being an ### (yes, pardon the language but this was the rudest, most immature man I have ever dealt with). My boyfriend finally said he would pay the $294 so we could just get everything moved in our unit. We were then told that we owed $364 because we refused to pay and were still on the clock!! Unbelievable company!! I do NOT know how these people are still in business! We are in the process of reporting them to the better business bureau AND the licensing department. This type of behavior is UNACCEPTABLE! We will NEVER do business with these people again and tell everyone we know to avoid them as well.
                        In the end, we paid the total and got our things moved out of the truck. We had to call again to receive a receipt of payment after Steve yet again, HUNG up on me. I didn't yell or scream ever at this man and he felt the need to hang up and act like a child. We called corporate who didn't seem to have any problems with the situation and said there was nothing they could do since it was a family owned business. I was told to write a letter and maybe Steve would see the error of his ways...

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!

• Me
                            Melinda Wardell Jun 17, 2008

Extremely unethical behavior and lack of professionalism!

• Ro
                            ROBIND Dec 09, 2009

ecf47

• Ro
                            ROBIND Dec 09, 2009

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

• Ka
                            Kari H Mar 02, 2011

Our appointment was between 8-9am for a two man team for $70/hr, and kept claiming they had horrible mishaps that kept them from coming to our apartment to help us move 15 minutes away. "accident at the gas station", "stuck in traffic", and "blown tire" were their excuses as to why it took so long. 8 hours and 20 phone calls later in a freezing powerless apartment, they finally show up with a 4 man team and tried to charge me $250/hr! This company fails to communicate with eachother and their customers, they are dishonest, and try to rip you off. DO NOT USE THEM. THEY WILL ONLY WASTE YOUR TIME.

• Un
                            unhappy customer26 Apr 07, 2015

they moved me but weren't prepared on the day of the move, , , broke a chair leg and still trying to get someone to talk to me from this company about it...also one of the movers incenuated that I tip and that's not ethical according to their website. way overcharged.

All My Sons Moving and Storage — the business as a whole

All my sons is a horriable copmany to work for and move with. Lets start with the moving part...None of their...

All My Sons Moving and Storageterrible company

I contracted with All My Sons to move and store the majority of belongings from a three bedroom, two bath home. All My Sons employees packed the majority of boxes, transported them from a clean, quarter million-dollar home to their storage facility.

Two and one half years later All My Sons employees delivered these belongings to my new home. During this timeframe, I paid All My Sons $10, 400 in moving and storage expenses. All monthly payments were made on time and All My Sons employees assured me that my belongings would be safe, handled with care by quality professionals and stored in sanitized, private warehousing facilities.

When the belongings were delivered to my new home, a home I had paid several hundred dollars to have cleaned to sparkling fresh, the majority of my belongings had been infested with rodents; boxes had rat urine and droppings inside and out. One box, packed with what were clean folded linens, contained a rat's nest with several dead baby rats.

All My Sons employees brought boxes and furniture into my new home with visible rat droppings on the outside, until I discovered what the mess was and demanded they stop.

At final delivery, several pieces of furniture had significant damage and some of my belongings were missing. Additionally, All My Sons brought and left with me boxes belonging to another customer. I contacted this former customer, and found he had a different but equally disturbing experience with All My Sons.

I attempted to negotiate a partial refund and replacement cost for damaged items from the company's owner. He showed absolutely no interest in resolving a problem which occurred when my belongings were in his possession. On top of that, he was rude and insinuated the rats were mine. I have never in my entire life had a more offensive and repulsive experience with a service provider of any kind. This happened to me at the end of 2002 and I am still angry!

I cannot stress strongly enough to anyone considering hiring All My Sons… DON'T.

Be advised you have very few avenues to recover damages from this and probably any moving and storage company you contract with. Do very careful and complete research before hiring a moving and storage provider, choose with the utmost care and insure your belongings to the fullest extent possible.

Lastly, I have pictures detailing this disgusting experience I'll share with anyone interested in exposing this company's gross negligence.

• Ia
                              IAmJoe Feb 22, 2011

You are right! Sounds like an ungodly sum of money to pay for storage anyway! Although, I don't store anything and eliminate as much as possible what we don't need. It's just myself and my wife. Well we moved once in a year, and because of closing issues we weren't able to move into our next home. In the interim we got an apartment, which our family helped us move into. Closing on the new house was quicker than anticipated, thankfully, and we were ready to move again. Not wanting to involve the family I had seen the All My Sons trucks around town and contracted with them.

They did a pretty quick affordable job. However it was so quick that afterwards we noticed that a collection of clothes was missing and ALL of our lamps. Yes, every single table and floor lamp went undelivered. My lovely wife used it as an opportunity to redecorate and we repurchased lamps for our new home. I never complained about it because I can imagine what a fight it would be.

The movers, guys who slave away all day, were also a bit run down. Maybe we were there last house but at first they asked where we wanted things put, we were even helping them! After a few minutes of direction, they began to make some grunting sounds as if disatisfied with our desire to put things in the house, instead of the garage. Just have to say, aren't we paying you for that? Extra?

All in all not too bad, far less than your experience. They were rough with our other posessions and dragged our bed through a mud patch. I think this is probably typical for a move experience. :)

All My Sons Moving and Storage — quote one price than charge a higher price once showed up and also allowed employee to call and offer their personal services without my permission

I called all my sons moving and storage on February 23 I told the person on the phone that I had a few thing...

All My Sons Moving and Storagedishonest and unreliable

We called 3 companies to get bids on moving a pool table from Salt Lake City to Philadelphia. All My Sons gave the mid-price bid at $1085 minus a $25 coupon. When the movers showed up to pick up the pool table they wanted $264 extra as fuel surcharge (in December when gas had dropped to $1.44 gal), putting the new price at $200 OVER the bid by the highest original bidder. We told them we were canceling the move, even though their movers were there ready to load the truck. After much complaining about "the manager won't like this, we aren't even going to make a commission on this move" we agreed to pay 1/2 of the fuel charge. We were told the delivery would take 2-3 weeks. The pool table finally arrived today, 8 weeks later. During calls weeks ago, we were told the table had already been picked up from their warehouse and was in route. In fact, we learned it wasn't actually picked up til February 6th. Beware of this company, as pleasant as their sales people may be on the phone, it's a shyster bait and switch company.

All My Sons Moving and Storage — refund check

I settled with All My Sons on a move from Indianapolis to Ft Myers. They were to issue me a refund check. On...

All My Sons Moving and Storage — fraud and scam

I moved to San Antonio from Ft. Worth using All My Sons out of Dallas. We thought these were nice enough...

All My Sons Movingscammers and liars

If you are searching for a moving company, whether it be for a local or long-distance move, you certainly do not want to contract All My Sons Moving of Stratford. To begin with, I was quoted HALF of what the final billing costs came to. Can you believe it? The men (there were 3 total movers) moved like slugs. I did my best to motivate them, but they simply took their precious time. To make a long story short, a 4-hour move ended up taking 8.

My next issue with this company is how they've dealt with me since then. The bottom line is, once they have your possessions on their truck, they own you. If you have a problem with the bill, they won't release your furniture. The main problem I had with them was the amount of damage that was done. When I pointed out damage to the walls (in my new home) and scratches on the new hardwood floors, one of the movers told me to contact the office and file a claim. The manager of the company, whose name is Al, told me he would get back to me. When he didn't, I called him to inquire about the status of my claim. He said that upon speaking with the mover-in-charge, he discovered that the damage was pre-existing.

As I stated above, the hardwood floors were new and the walls were freshly painted two days before. Nobody moved out of the house (it's new construction) and I was there the morning of the move. The house WAS in pristine condition. The simply did not care. Once you sign the papers, you release them of responsibility. They just want your money.

In addition to all of this, the woman that I spoke with initially, regarding my move, told me that the movers would bubblewrap my valuables and would be responsible for any damage that was not pre-existing. What a joke! They did not honor this claim with me & did not use one scrap of bubblewrap or any blankets with my move.

After searching this site & others regarding this company, I can honestly say that they appear to be scam-artists. I paid my bill & recently had to pay the painters to come back and the flooring crew also. This has been a horrible experience and I don't want anyone else to have to deal with such a disaster of a company. Please do your homework before hiring a company. This company failed miserably.