North American Van Lines Logo

North American Van Lines

Having problems with North American Van Lines?

North American Van Lines Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 228 3092 (Request an Estimate)
+1 800 348 2111 (United States)
+1 800 944 8126 (International)
+1 630 570 3516 (International)
+1 800 926 1463 (Corporate Claims)
+1 800 348 3746 (US Moving Services Statement of Claim)
+1 800 299 1700 (Intra-Texas Claims)
+1 877 704 7470 (Canada Claims Department)
+1 630 570 3009 (International Statement of Claim)
+1 800 470 2851 (International Statement of Claim)
+1 800 765 3784 (NorthAmerican Safety Admin)
PO Box 988
Fort Wayne, Indiana
United States - 46801-0988
Canada
Suite 350, 10403-172 Street, P.O. Box 639, Station Main, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

International Claims Department
1 Parkview Plaza, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with North American Van Lines Customer Service. Initial North American Van Lines complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for North American Van Lines above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about North American Van Lines. Discuss the issues you have had with North American Van Lines and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

North American Van LinesDriver never picked my stuff up to move it

My things were picked up in oklahoma and I moved to pittsburgh. My stuff has not moved. It's been 10 days and the driver never picked up my things. Never. No one bothered to mention that there was an entire shipment waiting for pick-up, they just let it sit there until I started bugging them about delivery. Now they have no idea when it will get there and don't seem too concerned at all that this happened. No one has said the words "i'm sorry" to me. This is insane. I'm living on folding chairs and an air mattress and they just email me and say, the driver never picked up your things, we don't know what's going on but we're looking into it. These people are unreliable and untrustworthy.

North American Van LinesDo Not Use North American Van Lines - Scam!

I had an in-house estimate done for my cross-country move. I ended up moving far less stuff and was told in advance when I asked that it would be weighed and adjusted based on weight. My things arrived 10 days after they were supposed to, no one called me to inform me of that and I had to secretly dig through the driver's papers to see how much my load actually weighed. It weighed 1, 000 pounds less than estimated, but they still charged me full price the day of the move without my approval or authorization having lied and told me it was a "cash on delivery" move. Do not trust them!! They are con artists and I am trying to fight this now with my credit card company. I should have been credited over $1000. I still do not have a receipt or any proof of what I have actually paid for. This is America??

North American Van Lines Feb 07, 2011

-Azy
        I’m sorry to hear about your recent experience with North American Van Lines. I currently work as North American and Allied Van Lines' Social Media Specialist and would love to help you out and connect with you offline. Could you please provide me with a way to connect with you?

North American Van LinesMoving fraud

They quoted a price of $2770 for a move from Oklahoma to California, then held our stuff hostage and demanded over $8160. When they finally (over a month later) delivered our stuff, lots was missing or broken. I had to get the DOT to get me a refund. Shady characters run this business, and they change names all the time. They are really running the business out of Haifa, Israel.

Avoid them at all costs!

Northern American Van Lines LLC — These movers are a bunch of scammers avoid at all cost!

I Just wanted someone to hear my story and shut these types of companies down. For the company that i...

North American Van Lineslong distance move

After reading on line about rogue movers, I decided to hire a local moving company that was a representative of North American Van Lines, at a MUCH higher cost. Was told the difference was like a Cadillac to a Chec.. well not true
        The local agent was great, however the driver and delivery were terrible. Much broken, much unethical, so DO NOT BE LEAD TO BELIEVE THAT USING A NATIONAL COMPANY equals great service as this is NOT true.
        Paid the whole 6000.00 upfront for a move from Illinois to Calif, and it was a disaster from the time the truck pulled up to the time the truck delivered, and continues as we find more and more broken items.
        Are they really different from someone that outsources, their local rep does not control what their corporate offices choose for drivers etc., , I do not know the answer, but it is NOT that a national company is a guarantee of quality because you pay more, it was not...

• Co
            Commenter1 Mar 28, 2010

I have moved with North American Van Lines many times, and I also have working knowledge of the moving industry. This doesn't sound like a real scenario to me. The local agent does control the driver and delivery. Also, the national companies offered guaranteed coverage of your items, which you can choose to upgrade if you like. All agents recommend and inform the consumer that many items should not be shipped such as those cheap put together entertainment systems and many other cheap items. You dont go into any details as to why they are "unethical"?? If you move there are good chances something will get broken, that is just a fact that applies to any moving company, especially if you move across the country.

My personal opinion is that you are probably one of these fly-by-night moving brokers that is trying to convince consumers that moving brokers are as good as the national moving companies like North American Van Lines. North American has been in business for decades and they stand behind every move, every agent.

North American Van Lines — Customer Service

Absolutely the worst moving experience we have ever had! Since my company was paying for a small portion of...

North American Van LinesMoving company rip off

Rainbow, agent of North American Van Lines, gave me a Guranteed price for moving my house hold from MA to MI last year. The quote was competitive out of the 6 mvoing companies I had considered. Part of the contract was to store my household items till I found my new home in MI. When the move took place Rainbow showed its true color; guranteed price quote was a ploy to get business, the actual bill of lading was a good 25 % higher. When I argued they simply started blaming North American Van Lines, the principal, for the revision and never got down to explain why they singed on a guaranteed quote. The sales person who is also a Senior Partner would not anwer emails or return calls to any questions except the customer relation kept threatening that if I don't agree to pay the revised freight bill which was a good $1500 more than the guranteed $5400.00 they would not move the goods. I was desperate having signed to take possession of the new house and I had no choice but to accept. Finally, when the appointment to deliver was made I had 48 hours to clean the carpet and move in to receive the goods and guess what the driver decided to turn one day earlier to the date of appointment and threatened to leave the things outside the new house if we don't allow them to be moved in. Rainbow never responded to my complaints, in fact, the customer service's friendly advise was to receive my goods from the driver, if not there will additinal storage charge. Our carpet cleaning went through the window to accomodate the unfriendly driver. Rainbow Movers is a rip off, unfriendliest and inconsiderate moving company one should be wary off. I had a good experianced with Allied Van Lines a few years back on a similar move and fully regret having chosen North American and Rainbow for my MI move.

• Ri
              Rick Zinda Jul 19, 2013

I did business with North American Van Lines based on a guaranteed delivery date of the July 21, 2013. The information was picked up on July 9th in Chicago IL and the goods were to be delivered by the Happy Valley OR. I have called repeatedly to get status only yo learn each time that my goods remain in Indiana. Today I was informed that my goods will not ship until after my delivery window and will not be delivered until the 30th of July. The folks at the company have all politely informed me this is the best they can do. Wish I knew that going in, would have gone with someone else for sure. They did offer me their delayed delivery reimbursement for pots, pans, and aero bed to the tune of $800; however, I would have preferred that they kept their word. If you cannot live up to your guarantee, you should not call it a guarantee. Very disappointing. I wrote a letter to my state senator this morning, plan on making several posts to websites sharing my story, hitting other social media outlets, reached out to the Federal division responsible for oversight of moving companies (they have asked to continue to be looped to ensure my stuff gets delivered), and will highlight this to a few media outlets as well. Regulation of this industry needs to improve.

• Mo
              Moving men Aug 06, 2010

Rainbow Movers has been in business since 1918. They have an excellent reputation as an agent for North American Van Lines. If a customer is given a Guaranteed Price, neither Rainbow Movers or NAVL can legally charge more money as described above with a few exceptions. For example, if your Guaranteed Price was for a specific period of time for storage and you exceed that period, than yes you have to pay for the actual of amount of time you need storage. Maybe this was the case in your move. Guaranteed Price is just that, Guaranteed.

• Ga
              gala2 Apr 29, 2010

$16000 cross country total nightmare.

Every single piece of furniture either gouged or broken. Liquor and wine collection gone. Paintings gone . Kitchen stuff-expensive pots and pans and appliances gone. Boxes rifled through and antiques gone. We paid an extra thousand for insurance and have not collected a penny after 2 years.

We have paid dearly twice over of the mistake of using these horrible movers. They can easily post their own favorable reviews so beware.

North American Van LinesStole money and alcohol from our home

We used North American Van Lines to move our belongings from North Carolina to Missouri. While the crew was packing our items they stole money and alcohol from our home. When they unpacked our items, our furniture was broken. They also broke our printer/plotter for self-employment use and deny it. There was an avalanche of 4 cubic feet by 4 cubic feet that fell on the truck driver and floor of the moving van. The moving claims department's reply was that the driver could have deliberately drove our contents off the mountain and they still would not claim it as their fault! Because of the standard insurance we purchased they will only pay by the pound and only selectively.

I could see if items broke due to our packing negligence it would not be covered. However, to deny items that were inventoried by the company prior to the move as not broken and arrive broken that is their negligence.

• Do
                Don M Nov 07, 2008

North American is simply a terrible company to do business with. Delivered the load late, the drivers and crew spend more time trying to hustle my family for tips then working. I can belive the condition of the load when delivered, they must have dropped it out oa a plane, Then they denied all damged claims. I had to chase them for a refund as they overestimated my load. Best to stay away. If you want to lose money, get a large dose of aggravation and feel like a doormat, use North American.