Alamo / fraud

1 Lake Charles, LA, United States Review updated:

We rented a car in May of 08 and paid in full. I was charged in July for Transfer Liability Fee and again in October for a parking fee, admin fee and a toll fee. How did they get authorization? Total thieves!

Mj

Comments

Ma
  12th of May, 2008

Don't rent from Alamo. They'll get you every chance they get. I rented a car from Alamo through Allegiant Air - their website made it easy to add the car on and the price seemed reasonable. Upon picking up the car at the Alamo counter, they asked for an additional $60.00 for "city fees". This made no sense to me, but I paid it and went on. While using the car, we received a parking ticket in the City of Clearwater for $30.00. Upon returning home, we quickly paid the fine. A few weeks later I got a letter in the mail from Alamo saying that they had charged my credit card for $30.00 (even though the ticket had been paid for several weeks ago) and they charged me an additional $25.00 for an administrative fee. So now the parking ticket has costs me $85.00. I can't find anyone in the company who will talk to me about this. I submitted a comment on their website, got a response asking for more information about the dates of our rental, and now they won't respond at all.

We will NEVER rent from Alamo again and I would enocurage everyone to ban them - I think they're a bunch of crooks!!! How dare they charge my credit card with my authorization.

Ca
  20th of Jun, 2009

Alamo: Why are you Charging me a hidden Fee?

Between May 10th and may 24th, 2009, I rented a Ford Focus through a travel agency in Costa Rica, from where I come from (turhokeanos.co.cr) with ALL INCLUSIVE in Orlando Florida.
Every thing was fine, until they charge an extra $123.53 "Carefree Personal Protection" (CPP) which I NEVER order.
Seems to be that the rental agent at the Orlando International Airport decided that I needed such insurance, but she never ask me for that, the only thing she said was: do you need a GPS in Spanish? I answered: I don’t need a GPS in Spanish. And she printed the receipt and made me sign with my initials.
If I bought an ALL INCLUSIVE PACAGE to the travel agency, why I will need an additional CPP???? And I told her: give me only what is included in my reservation.

What I think is, she is getting a great commission, selling "extras" that customers don't order, don't need and don't know are paying.

Let me ask you: Will be the First and last time, I ever rent a car with ALAMO??
Alamo: don’t take advantage of honest and hard working people, give my money back.

Carlos Calderon; from San José, Costa Rica.
RA# 417108288 RES#449348689 Contract ID S00208NK