Menu

reviews & complaints

OTR Leasing Complaints Summary

7 Resolved
3 Unresolved
Our verdict: You can expect a very good level of service from OTR Leasing. To navigate their system effectively, thoroughly understand their service scope. Check online forums and review sites for others' experiences. When contacting customer service, clear and concise communication can help resolve your issues faster.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for OTR Leasing has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of OTR Leasing. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

OTR Leasing complaints 10

Sort by:

Newest OTR Leasing reviews & complaints

T
2:10 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On or about November 22, 2022 I flew to St. Louis, Missouri with my girlfriend to pick up a 2017 Kenworth that I had put a $2185 non refundable down payment on prior to arriving, paid another approximately $2000 for the insurance policy and approximately another $800 for travel expensive and other expenses to get my business started. Upon arrival the truck...

12:48 pm EDT

OTR Leasing The Truck they sold me is a Lemon

I purchased this truck in October of 22. This truck has been in the shop almost every other week sense we purchased it. The 1st day we picked the Truck up 1hr into my ride home it breaks down, so 1500 out the gate and stuck sleeping on the side of the road over night. So I get the truck on the road do 2 loads my driver calls truck has broken down. Truck goes in the shop 3k repair. My driver picks the truck up and he is out on the road for 3 weeks. Truck breaks down again. This time the bill is $8500. Driver pick up the truck and 3 days later truck breaks down again. My driver Quits on me. Truck broke down 4 more times 15k, 8k, 5k 7k and as I'm typing it's on its way to the shop

Desired outcome: Give me a truck that works, of fix this one. This truck has broke me. Something needs to be done. This is not right

Update by derrick workman
Jun 28, 2023 7:47 pm EDT

3 days ago the truck broke down again. The CECU3 is burnt out because the previous owner must have rode with a dog. It was so much dog hair under the dash and on the CECU3 it burned up. Just lost another load and today a 5.5k shop bill. This is crazy. These people are about to put me out of business. I need to get some of my money back for all these break downs. We talking 60k in 6 months. And they are rude and hang up in my face. I was told what do u expect the truck say as is then the phone slams in my face. I DIDN'T EXPECT TO GET A LEMON. 6/28/23

View 0 more photos
B
OTR Leasing has left an official reply on this complaint.

OTR Leasing My problem is with the Escrow I am losing a lot of time and a lot of money with dealing with this Escrow they take too long to pay they waste

My problem is with the Escrow I am losing a lot of time and a lot of money with dealing with this Escrow they take too long to pay they waste too much time specially my time

Read full review of OTR Leasing and 1 comment

1 comment
A. White
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The day I made my down payment and started driving home, I had to stop 6 times to add coolant, only 133 miles into my drive I had to shut the truck down and burned up all night. Next day got on the phone with OTR leasing and was able to get the truck to a freightliner 45 miles away. Come to find out the EGR cooler was gone well before I even signed the contract for the truck. Yes OTR leasing paid the 3,800 bill but I still had to get a greyhound bus ticket home on my own. Went back to get the truck a week later things were fine until 3 weeks later started to have to do regens every other day as I know for a fact I never idle my truck. Get the truck to another freightliner dealership and the Nox sensor and Dozer box needed replaced, another 5,000 repair in which I had to borrow money to pay for the repairs because the warranty only took care of about 15% of the bill. Now the truck is in the shop again with the injecter cups leaking as I had coolant mixed with my fuel. Almost a 9,000

Is OTR Leasing legit?

Our verdict: OTR Leasing has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores OTR Leasing's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of OTR Leasing can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

OTR Leasing earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: OTR Leasing achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for OTR Leasing. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

By resolving 70% of 10 negative reviews, OTR Leasing is demonstrating its dedication to customer satisfaction and effectively addressing customer issues. While there may still be some practical problems that need to be addressed, such as long wait times or unhelpful responses.

The age of OTR Leasing's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Otrleasing.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows OTR Leasing website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Otrleasing.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Otrleasing.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from OTR Leasing.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Otrleasing.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The otrleasing.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • OTR Leasing protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
S

OTR Leasing II just purchased a 2017 Kenworth Truck

II just purchased a 2017 Kenworth Truck. The truck started having issues as soon as we drove it off the lot and home back to Charlotte NC. I have not even had the truck for 2 weeks. The truck has not even been placed on the road yet and already we have $6,000 worth of repairs needed which OTR refuses to take responsibility of. I want them to accept responsibility and take care of the needed repairs.

P
OTR Leasing has left an official reply on this complaint.

OTR Leasing I went to buy a big rig from this company,i was told they needed $2,000 down,and was told the truck would be ready 3/11/22 when i arrived to

I went to buy a big rig from this company,i was told they needed $2,000 down,and was told the truck would be ready 3/11/22 when i arrived to pick up the truck 3/11/22 and pay the rest of my down payment , i did not buy the truck because the truck had to many problem,I have waited on hold for hours just to be sent to a voice mail,I've sent emails,and i received a response saying that the request for refund was done.after not getting my refund i called the company again,after waiting 2 hours on the phone i spoke with someone and was told i did not get my refund because i told them that i wanted a different truck,and that was not true.i then was told that he had to send a email to his manager and he would get back with me ,three days past and no one has got back ,nor gave me my refund.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

OTR Leasing The day I made my down payment and started driving home, I had to stop 6 times to add coolant, only 133 miles into my drive I had to shut the

OTR Leasing has left an official reply on this complaint.

OTR Leasing I got my tractor from OTR toward the end of February however less that 10 miles down the road the DEF light comes on took it back to OTR they

I got my tractor from OTR toward the end of February however less that 10 miles down the road the DEF light comes on took it back to OTR they were however close in the morning they sent us to another shop which we were there for three days they claimed to have fix the problem which was a lie I took the truck to a international dealer who fix the problem which I had to pay got out of pocket the truck stayed in that shop for two to three days also OTR refuse to pay any of that repair cost, I spoke to customer and he granted us an extension on the start payment of our lease since we had to pay out of pocket, got the truck back in less than a week it broke down again I notify OTR and again had to pay out of pocket the tractor kept breaking down on the road until my driver decided he could drive for me sntmore because he kept having to loose money when the truck is in the shop OTR customer service did get us some extension however I can no longer afford to keep paying for the truck because I have spend too much on repair already and no driver wants to drive a week and the next week they have to be home because of the truck having to go get fix etc I took it to the shop got it fix and all I requested that OTR cone and take this tractor since July 20 and they have yet to do so all they do is to sent bills upon bills I cannot continue to pay for maintenance and truck payment I want out thanks OTR for everything but please come and get your truck.

OTR Leasing has left an official reply on this complaint.

OTR Leasing I purchased a 2016 KW from them when I got there to get the truck it had an oil leak and power steering pump was making a noise the mechanic

I purchased a 2016 KW from them when I got there to get the truck it had an oil leak and power steering pump was making a noise the mechanic said its normal so I gave them my down payment of almost 12 thousand plus 4000 to hold the truck and signed the contract. when I got about 30 miles away the engine light came on called them they told me to go to the truck stop so I did it needed two sensors so I fixed it for over 1400 I get it home the power steering pump goes another 1400 out then the windshield started leaking in three places. not long after the ap unit went they put all new tires so they told me but that wasn't so I blew two tires they came from a junk yard and were not good so that coast me almost 5000 then to find out the truck was previously wrecked was never told. then the rear drums had to be replaced and breaks also. I had contacted them several time about the issues with no reply then with all this was unable to make the payment due to the break downs didn't get a return call. this is not how I wanted to do things but they have been not honest from the beginning and found other drivers with the same situation from them this is a common practice for them and forgot to mention the tran. is going in 30 yrs never had this much problems in less than 3 mo. with all the repairs and them wanting over 60 thousand and representing this truck as 100% they need to be stopped I am a disabled individual and I want to work. but they have taken everything that I have on a lemon that they wont let you get checked out before you lease added up the payments and comes to162909.19 for a 30,000 dollar truck at best with the problems I have proof of everything thank you for your time

K
OTR Leasing has left an official reply on this complaint.

OTR Leasing OTR Leasing refuses to work with me on the numerous breakdowns of the truck I am purchasing from them

OTR Leasing refuses to work with me on the numerous breakdowns of the truck I am purchasing from them. They give me a no win situation and impossible solutions to my problems. *** ( Collections Agent for OTR Leasing ) has been nothing but rude and filled with lies. She refuses to speak with me about the problems of the missing money on my account. The money is supposed to go to my maintenance fund, but it hasn't and she literally refuses to explain to me where my money is. I have been lied to, cheated, and stolen from by the Collections department. I have done my best to pay, but if my truck isn't working and constantly breaking down then I'm not making money. That means I can't feed my kid and I'm at my ends with this. I have already contacted lawyers with definitive proof of ***s lies because the OTR lease statements do not match my bank statements. Anyone with a 3rd grade education can see they are stealing from me and according to reviews on several websites I am not the only trucker they are stealing from. I need someone's help because *** has blocked me from speaking to anyone except her according to every single person who answers the phone when I ask to speak with *** ( *** colleague ) who is atleast willing to work with me. How can I fix my truck when they steal my money and refuse to tell me where it's at. Please help because my child's future depends on it. I drive a truck to provide my daughter a future. I don't drive a truck to here how stupid I am and how I'm too ignorant to understand OTR leasing statements according to ***. Please help because I am 1 of hundreds of drivers that want to work, but are being presented with only a repo option. Something has to change and I'd prefer owning my truck in 2 years and not having my hard earned money stolen. *This option below will not let me attach my bank statements and otr leasing statements as proof. *** / OTR LEASING OWNER NEEDS TO CALL ME.

T
OTR Leasing has left an official reply on this complaint.

OTR Leasing After we made the first payment we informed them that we were changing bank accounts

After we made the first payment we informed them that we were changing bank accounts. Customer service told us that we had to speak with *** or *** in billing. *** nor *** ever return email or calls. We constantly called *** and *** in customer service they emailed billing but still no response. *** ended up just sending us a change of account form and we sent it in. The next Friday came up still no payment came out. After weeks of trying to get in contact with *** finally called. She had the most nastiest attitude. She wanted us to pay all those late when we had been reaching out to them to get the account changed. She lied and said that they called but she didn't we had no calls nor emails from her or anyone in billing. After all the no response *** added late charges and expected us to pay. This was around the time the economy had started to shut down so I asked to just take two payments out each week to catch it up sense freight was slow. Of course with her attitude she said NO. I asked for her supervisor she wouldn't let me talk to him or her because she was the only one to handle billing. The weekly payments are still coming out. I didn't think the CEO and owners know what type of business that is being ran over there. With the economy being the way it is and *** with her nasty attitude doing drivers wrong. I don't think it's a good idea to purchase a truck from OTR because they have ruthless tactics over there. Make me think that there main goals are to get you in a truck, take your down payment and find a way to get you out the truck so they can lease it all over again. Not a way to do business. Also charge 400 claiming they never received insurance certificate, but also said they don't handle it had to call their insurance company. They are very unprofessional at OTR and this is my opinion the situation could have been handled a whole lot differently. *** doesn't deserve to work for that company should be fired or reassigned not a good fit

Overview of OTR Leasing customer experience

OTR Leasing has a history of negative customer feedback. Consumers complain of high fees and unexpected charges after leasing a vehicle. The company has been accused of misleading customers about the terms of their lease and pressuring them into signing contracts. Poor communication and unresponsive customer service have also been a prevalent issue. With a significant amount of unhappy customers, potential clients should approach OTR Leasing with caution.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

OTR Leasing contacts