Alamo Car Rental / neglect to honor contract at las vegas

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States

In Feb. 2009 I had paid over $500. through the Priceline bid process for a full sized vehicle. If I did not show, they kept the money. When I arrived, there were no full sized vehicles at LAS: three Chrysler Sebring converts. and some minivans. I had to drive to LA so took the less that full size Sebring. Since it is a convertible, Alamo considers it an equal replacement for a full size vehicle. After renting over a hundred vehicles in several different countries since 1963, I had to file for the first time an incident report with my insurance company!!! Having never driven a convertible, with that driverside rear view constriction, I grazed a tree while backing out of a friend's driveway for the first time. $1071.89. This amount was collected by a third party. Alamo had the name of my insurance company, and my policy number, but they go through some collection agent who called me at home in the evening. If Alamo had honored the contract I made with them that they would have a full size vehicle, without that restricted vision which all covertibles seem to have, I say that this inident would not have happened. Last year, Jan 2008, I had reserved a midsize vehicle with Alamo at the same location. Upon arrival, all they had were several SUVs, a Chevy Yukon!!! It was almost midnight, what was my choice? Next day I returned it and got a Huyndai. My loss was a cell phone charger left in the Yukon, which Alamo lost and found, never did find. Can they not do anything at some acceptable level of common decent responsibility?
In the future, no more Alamo/National anywhere. National, guess where one customer's Emerald Club Card is going {Actually, it just went} Goodbye rubbish.