AirTran / rude

I had driven from Canada to Minneapolis and then taken Airtran from Minneapolis to Florida and the flight was pretty much okay. On the way back, (From Florida to Minni) 2 weeks later, it was a different story. We arrived to the desk where we got our tickets (myself, my friend and her parents), and the lady stated that only 2 of us had assigned seats, (my friends dad and myself) and if we go through security, then to our gate, we would be assigned seats. We go through security, and go to the gate only to be told "Okay go sit down and we will call you up". That never happened. 5 minutes before they began boarding, my friends parents walked up to the desk and made it clear that we still didn't have the 2 assigned seats. The lady began talking very rudely saying things like, "No YOU'RE not listening to me.. listen to what I'm saying... stop talking". There was also a man who was separated from his family, because the airline overbooked. They said, "well 2 of you can get on and 2 of your can catch the flight 6 hours from now". This was a big issue because we had driven from Canada, and it would have been hard to arrange where the 2 that left would wait. We then said, "okay well that guy can go with his family and we'll wait for the 6 oclock flight". We were compensated with first class to Milwaukee (not from Milawakee to Minni), 2 paid for hotel rooms when we arrived in Minni (it would be 11 by the time we landed) and 4 free round trips to anywhere the airline flies. This seemed fantastic and we were obviously happy. We get to Minneapolis, call the hotel we were supposedly booked in, only to discover that they did not in fact book us any rooms. We had called the shuttle already and there was no time for anything. We literally were stranded at the airport with NO hotel room because they lied and never booked our hotel rooms. It seems so unprofessional to lie to your paying customers, when you're just screwing your company up in the end. We're now planning a trip to Aruba, but I'm not sure if i'm able to trust this airline.

Comments

• Ga
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    AirTran - Never again
    AirTran
    airtran.com

I have always been happy with airtrain but last week i flew from Baltimore to tampa to visit family and they lost one of my bags. I has been 1 week and i have not seen my bag. I saw my bag get into the airplane and get out but they claim they cannot find the bag. The worst thing is i had to pay $30 to send my bags and not they have lost one of my bags. My husband have been wearing the same clothes over and over again. They claim they have found my bad and was being delivery and that was 3 days ago i have not seen it yet. I will never fly airtrain again i will let everyone i know not to fly throught them.