Airtel Postpaid Connection / awareness about airtel's customer service

1 India Review updated:

Dear Complaints Board visitors,

Reason behind mentioning this issue in front of public, is to make awareness about Airtel's Customer Service:-

The Story starts from 6th September, 2007, On this day, I purchased two Sim Cards, (Postpaid/Prepaid) with a Government Scheme from Bandra (E) Samaj Mandir, my numbers:- Postpaid([protected]) & Prepaid([protected]). Actually my issue is against my postpaid connection, after couple of days my postpaid number has started, it continued for only four days, & suddenly on 14th September, 2007, my outgoing calls barred, because Airtel's verification department says my residence verification came negative, says didn't found the place, which I agreed. After that day, I went to Airtel Gallery (Chembur) for making a complaint against my address verification, they says, verification person will come on Monday 17th, 2007 at 6-8pm, but they didn't. Then, after doing follow-up continuously about the same, & replied that, they will come in coming days for address verification, atlast on 22nd September, 2007, they verified my residence proofs & rest of the documents to avail my Airtel Postpaid Connection.

As soon as my verification done, after couple of hours, my network goes off & also my incoming calls barred, on my mobile message displays "Sim Registration Failed". Then I called to 121, they says for postpaid queries or complaints, I have to call [protected], from any Airtel postpaid number or any Landline. Except my new postpaid number, i don't have any nearest postpaid numbers with me, Then I tried from my Landline ([protected]) to Airtel Postpaid [protected]. After completing all IVR instructions from customer care, It says "Please Check the number". Now main tense situation created on 24th September, 2007, I have received Airtel Bill, which is an amount of Rs. 312.52/-,

But my question to Airtel is, without using my new connection much, with the monthly rental of Rs. 200/-, my call cost is Rs. 0.25/- Airtel-Airtel, & other Rs. 0.30/-Airtel- Landline/any GSM, How come my Airtel Bill comes over Rs. 300+, & second is from past two days, [protected] Airtel Nodal Officer's number, Where not a single human being was picking-up.

Atlast, I got frustrated, only I found you as an option to intimate about Airtel's useless service, which they have provided, to the customer like me.

Describing breif about my Airtel Connection:-

Bill Amount:- Rs. 312.52/-
Address:- Room No-5, Vishwanath Koli House, Nr-Daria
Daulat Bldg, Sion Trombay Road, Trombay Koliwada,
Trombay, Mumbai- 400088

Now after Airtel's wonderful customer service, I as a customer of Airtel postpaid, I have decided that I am not going to pay the first bill which I have received, at my place on the same address which they have given as a negative place.

Please think about this, with negative address verification, how come airtel charged. Just imagine what Airtel is delivering customer support to the customers like me.

Compliants Board visitors, please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,