Airtel - Kolkata Region / without our consent they are automatically deducting amount for miss call alert fees

1 India Review updated:

This is regarding Airtel - Kolkata region, where i have faced a peculiar problem with them. My card is life time card and without my knowledge they used to deduct from my prepaid account rs.15/- every month for mci. When took the matter with customer care, nodal officer they will apologies and say this will not happen next time. So for one month you will be free and again next month they will deduct the charges in the name of mci. If once it happened then ok. Repeatedly it has happening and fed up with them. How many times i will have to speak to their customer care and as well as to send mail requesting them to credit my deducted amount. Once they have credited the deducted amount but not the second time. Will the company check in this matter so that they doesn't harass me unnecessary.

Comments

Sa
  3rd of Sep, 2007

I am totally faid-up by a dealer . I e-recharge my number 9903743400, Rs. 495 for life time validity.
Massage comes- " Recharge not successful on your mobile. Transaction ID 1969872165. Date: 31-8-2007 at 8:18 pm." . But by force ( beaten us ) he charged from me Rs. 495 & give bill by saying that ' money is deduce from my account, problem in server '. Still after 2 day's my number not charged, so my Mobile office ( GPRS ) not working. What i do.

This is not only for Rs.495 . This is for very-very bad behavior. I want result, other wise i will go to other operator with all my 16 airtel connections, monthly recharge approx. Rs. 20000 - 30000 . I am representative(PM) of my company at kolkata, my 2nd no. 9831521100.

My company - Rawelcom ( Nokia TI vendor ) working for Airtel sites installation & maintenance.
Give me satisfactory solution.

Ji
  5th of Sep, 2007

I had recharge my account with validity voucher of Rs.499.00. I got main balance of Rs.49.00 and another A2A balance of Rs.99.00. The tariff for A2A of Rs.99.00 was Re. 1 per minute and tariff for my main balance was .99 paisa for any mobile within state and Rs.1.99 to any landline within state. But it was not like that, Rs.2.25 was deducted for any calls either mobile or landline. I have called customer care but they are talking rudely.

Will this problem will be solved and I will get my balance back or else I have to surrender entire service of Airtel, that is, Land line, Broadband and mobile.

Th
  22nd of Sep, 2007

I too have the problem that always they deduct the money from the account without installing it.
The customer services is orrible. Fed up with airtel.

Mo
  22nd of Sep, 2007

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Sub: Complain for Mobile No. 9932958492 (Wireless_Airtel Mega) for Internet Access.
Sir,
I am using the above Airtel Mega mobile for Internet Access(GPRS) for last few months.
All the settings are available in my set and Configured Airtel GPRS Modem properly.
I recharged Rs.498/- on 07-09-2007.
But GPRS facility is unavailable from 20th September 07.

I complaint the problem to the customer care and request to activate gprs facility.
But still now, no action has been taken.
Airtel is the top most mobile provider in India, but such type of poor facility is not acceptable !!!!

Under the circumstances above, kindly enquire the above matter and solve my problem.
Kindly note that, Internet is very essential to me as my wife is ill and i have to consult with the doctors at Vellore, Tamilnadu.

With kind regards.
Yours trully,
Mohan Lal Samanta,
Tamluk, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal-721636.

Ra
  4th of Dec, 2007

I am also facing similar problem from AIRTEL....after a big fight somehow you may get coonected to so called customer care executive...and he will just say sorry for the inconvenience he will try to resolve.......but he will do nothing....from next time onwards it says you have crossed your call limits...send sms of 150 words....i have tried several times but it never gets resolved...but you may waste much more precious time keying in the message.....only solution is to make people aware of this so that they are not cheated by these crooks....

Gb
  9th of Jun, 2008

It is such a nuisance to receive atleast 4 calls a day from AIRTEL to inform abt caller tunes, hello tunes etc. The same old recorded msgs everyday. Inspite of requesting the Customer care rep in October 2007, the calls have startd coming again after a gap of 2 months. They have 4 different numbers from where they call.
It is really disgusting.
I have a lifetime validity. On 26/3/2008, I did a top-up of Rs. 111.Talktime given was Rs. 93.79. The balance was to be given within 48 hrs. It was never given.
Since then I buy top-ups where the full value is given. It is useless speaking to these rogues.
G.Bhattacharya