Airtel / vas download deductions

1 India Review updated:

I always receive VAS download massage and my balance cuts . But i never download anything so pls, kindly note that.

My No [protected]

Joshua Vincent
Mumbai

Comments

• So
      7th of Sep, 2009

Hi Joshua,

I am facing same problem for my Airtel Cell.

Did you find any solution through Airtel Customer Care.

Customer Care is hopeless. Till date I did not get the solution.

With me, this problem persist since last three months. Even after -30.00 INR balance,
    I receive the message of balance cuts. No answer from Airtel.

Wish to see the final resolution from Airtel.

Dharmesh
    Mumbai

• Mo
      16th of Sep, 2009

Hi,
    I use Airtel and I received a message now that Rs 1.50 has been deducted because of VAS Download which I have never heard of. So I searched for it and found your complaints. Please let me know if there is any solution for this.
    Regards,
    Mohan
    tmmishra@gmail.com

• Vi
      5th of Nov, 2009

yes Mohan
    i've the solution it's very easy

CHANGE SERVICE PROVIDER
    coz i also facing same problem...

• Ge
      28th of Jan, 2010

it sucks, I am roaming out of state with Mobile Office - whenever they charge me the Maharashtra 25/-p. day tarif for GPRS Moble Office they also almost simultaneously charge me the same amount for VAS. It seems in this country they can do whatever they want - it's called stealing somewhere else and I highly recommend not to use Airtel GPRS for a lack of honesty, a lack of transparency and a lack of service orientation - short for a lack of sense. If I try to reach them through their customer care line, I hear: for Hindi press 1, for Maharati press 2, for English press 3... - I press 3 - then I hear for service x press 1, for service y press 2, for service z press 3, to talk to an service representative press 5 - I press 5 - and I get a [censored]ng tape in some language I dont understand. Is it really necessary to bring my service from abroad in order to do my job here in India? If I go to Airtel's Website, I can see the Chairman's face and the usual bunk (...Our aim is to help you as quickly and as efficiently as possible...), but I can not find a damned customer care service emai address. It sucks. And when I google for VAS (just because I am curious to know what they charge me for) - I can clearly see, that this story is going on for years already. I am using nothing than Mobile Office - so I suppose Airtel is just a bunch of thieves unable to perform to international standards. I feel sorry for all the customers that are permanently getting ripped off just because Airtel needs to apply such dubious strategy to improve rentability (Investors note!). I will not bother calling any customer care rep. for this issue, but I will change provider asap - maybe there is one who has some business ethics / honor...? Don't know, after all it's India and there is a lot of talk about "Mindset" - but who is going to inspire a different one? Bon apétit Mr. Mittal...

• Os
      4th of Jun, 2011

i have been activated for VAS download...even dont knw wat it is...please kindly close this service from my no...plzzzzzzz
    my no.is 7738860178
    plzzz deactivate it as soon as possible plzzzzz