Airasia / concern about safety

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to inform you of my concern and displeasure on my 2 most recent flights with Air Asia.

The flight detals are:
1) AK55 on 19th August
2) AK46 on 25th August

On 19th August, the plane was about to land in LCCT and it just a few metres above the runway when suddenly the plane pick up speed and took off again. It has caused great anxiety to the passengers and only later the captain said they had to take off again and wait for another 10 minutes as they did not get clearance from the airport to land yet. I believe this should not have happened at all. If the plane was not given clearance in the first place, it should not even attempt landing on the runway and call off the landing out of the sudden. No word of apology was issued. Needless to explain further, the safety of all the passengers in the plane has been compromised.

On 25th August, the plane took off from LCCT and after 20 minutes of air travel, it turned back and landed back in LCCT. Again, this has caused great anxiety to the passengers and it was delayed by an hour before it finally took off. There is no explanation until when it has taken off again, the pilot says there is some technical issues so the plane has to come back to LCCT. As I was seated infront, I can only observe a new crew member coming on board and suspected that the plane has intially left with 3 crew members instead of 4. Again, this should not have happened if procedures were followed closely. I would only assume that safety of the passengers has been compromised here, otherwise it would not return flight to pick up an additional crew member.

Being a passenger, I wish to ask for an explanation on the above incidents and if Airasia will undertake to compensate the passengers for the above incidents where safety has been clearly compromised and it is causing unnecessary over-anxiety of the passengers without any explanation offered by the pilots.

Last but not least, my baggage damage claim has submitted but not been processed, and i have emailed a Mr Yusrie at yusrieabdullah@airasia.com after 2 months from the date of its first report on March 26, 2008 but there is no reply. Please let me know the status and if Airasia is looking in ways to improve the safety of our baggages since this is the 3rd time that my different baggages have been pried open from the side.

I await your reply before making any further decision. Thank you

Yours sincerely,

Wong

Wo

Comments

Tr
  10th of Oct, 2010

I have used Airasia on a number of occasions and find them ok. My expectations are not that high because they are a low cost airline. However some aspects of their operation are a concern to me. Waiting for a flight from Bangkok to Singapore maintainance staff were changing a nose wheel when boarding had started. I think this shows that they need to operate available aircraft to cope with the increasing number of destinations.
LCCT Airport Kuala Lumpur is a crazy experience with limited staff at check in and an overwhelming sense of barely controlled chaos.
Take time to shop around for tickets with full service airlines because after paying for all the extras your low cost airline is sometimes not that low cost.
Trevor. New Zealand

Iv
  31st of Mar, 2011

Seems my complaint also no new to airasia then.
My flight was even worst to what Wong's experienced. All passengers was lift off from the seat suddenly for couple of time without a prior notification from our great AA pilot. Over anxiety is just not something to be taken care by AA. Disappointed