Air Canada / chaos and bad behaviour

1 Canada

I travelled to London (UK) on flight 856 on 25 June. On arriving promptly at Pearson at 3.30pm the airport was busy but the Air Canada desks were chaotic. There were queues everywhere, children crying, no information, very few staff, any questions asked were answered in a brusque rude manner. I eventually cleared the check in at 5.45pm, just in time to see my flight called for boarding.
The plane was then held up after boarding, problems with cargo, missing children etc!
Yes we were notified that the plane would be having a later take off but by then we were already on the plane.
When we eventually took off our hot lunches were being served, I had the nerve to ask for a G&T as well as red wine as we had been delayed but was only 'allowed' the G&T, I could have the wine later. It never came when I eventually asked again and was given some, the lunch had finished. It would have been labour saving and far more sensible to have the drinks at the same time, especially after the waiting on the plane and the absolute chaos at the airport. I can assure you that I am a respectable middle aged lady and not some degenerate drunken skin head.
This is the first time I have flown with Air Canada for many years and I was not impressed. The staff at the airport were rude and the hostesses not up to scratch.
As a frequent flyer with Star Alliance I suggest you take a leaf out of Singapore Air's book they will show you how to run an airline.
The saving grace was your excellent pilots.

• Updated by Sandra Mitchell, Jun 28, 2018

Plus the uniforms were exceptionally dowdy.

Sa