Air Canada / air miles

1 Calgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 403 225-0673

You have taken my air miles away.
I had 24033 air miles and they are now gone.
Your customer service rep advised an email was sent Apr 8-08 advising me.
You have my email address, my phone number and address on my profile (still there today).
Why did you not give me a more recent alert that you were going to take them.
These are valuable to me, and this is tantamount to theft.
I want them back. How can you possibly justify this. Who got my air miles?
Where are they going with them? What rewards are you or someone else getting for them? This is absolutely ridiculous, and no way to treat a customer.
I am requesting a reply, and a return of my air miles.

Le

Comments

• Ke
      17th of Oct, 2008

I too had over 100.000 air miles that were stolen from me by Air Canada. Thank goodness I had redeemed about 250, 000 points about a year before that or it would have been grand larceny.

As you can imagine with 350, 000 points I had done a bit of flying and was prettly loyal to trying to fly Air Canada so I could keep racking up my miles. I fly off and on depending on my job responsibilities and had a lull in my flying which resulted in my lost points. Now I have been flying quite a bit again and try and avoid flying with Air Canada but once in a while cannot avoid it.

From time to time I search online for a class action lawsuit to join which I was today which led me to this post. If anyone hears of one please let me know (kglennox@shaw.ca).

Air Canada if you read this. I want my points back. It was pure thievery on your part and I cannot believe your executive team actually believes you will win in the long run when you use these tactics on loyal customers

• Un
      28th of Jun, 2010

If you want to sign up for this class action suite you can do so online at:
    These thieves must be stopped. I lost 40, 000 points today, and only noticed when expecting to book a trip to Mexico for a family wedding, after years of saving points through business travel. Down with Areoplan!!! I will actively post everyone so you can all get involved also.