Afni, Inc / Scam!!! Harassing phone calls

1 PO Box 3427Bloomington, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-265-6111

My mother receiving letters and harassing phone calls from Afni, Inc. The letters are stating that she owes $350.15 from a Cingular account she (supposively) had back in 2000. It's obviously a scam from what i'm getting from all the investigating I've done. I went back to the comments on this site in 2007 and their is an Attorney from New York that states to contact your local police department, State Attorney General, FTC (Federal Trades Commision). Be sure to check your credit report because alot of us are seeing this company put fradulent bills on our credit. He was saying that if anyone wants to join him in making a joint complaint suit on Afni then to email him, he says its better to have several complaints then 1 (1 complaint is more likely to get dismissed, a huge amount would be better). I agree with him on this, he also said that he has practiced law for 18 years, he plans to not only sue Afni, Inc. but also Verizon. Well my case is Cingular, but if he is certain to do something about this then maybe we can too, maybe we can get people going through the same thing together and find someone to represent us together, or individually. He made a huge point, that Afni is using the State of Illinois as a base for their fradulent & possible criminal activity.
My mother has cronic Lupus, and the stress of this all has made her more sick, They call her everyday and when she asked the guy to stop calling he yelled at her and told her "he will call ANYTIME he wants" well not if I can do anything to stop them. I want this company to suffer for what they have put my mother and all of you through. Please join me in taking the steps the attorney says to take (the steps I listed above) If I can help any of you with anything, don't hesitate to email me above.
By the way, the Attorneys name that wrote the comment is Robert Kingman from New York,

Also Afni's license (which might come handy while filing your complaint with your states Consumer Affairs) # 1072175

God Bless!!! Michelle Werner

Comments

• Va
      13th of Jul, 2008

I didn't realize they were fraudulent, sent them a check. They changed the amount to 143.43 instead of 43.43. They are calling to harrass me because their doctoring of my check did not go through.