Afni IncFalse info on credit report

B

I was contacted by Identity Guard Service about a change in my credit report. They gave me the info on the company giving the change along with their phone number to reach them. When I called Afni the recording tells you that they are a collection agency and they are looking for info on a debt. When I got to a real person she was very nice but was looking for info on me. I gave her the number I had gotten for an account from Identity guard but she said it was not the hole number. Told her it said I owe $447.00 to a Factoring company, no other name. I had given her my name, address, old address and again she wanted my social security number. They had nothing on their computer about me. I asked how you can put something on my account without knowing who I am. I told her I had very good credit and it looks like a scam to get money from anyone that they want to by putting something on their credit report to make it look bad. Now she tells me to contact Equifax to get the right number with my credit report. I received the report Afni did put it my report. I called Afni gave the man my name and the account number on from the credit report an was told it is not the right number again an to call Equifax back to find the right number. He again tried to find me in their computers file but still could not find my name. He was helpful in checking but nothing was found.

I called Equifax an talked to a woman there. Gave her the confirmation number of the report they sent me and she checked my credit report. Nothing from Afin, Inc was there now. They had removed it from my record.

This company, Afni, Inc, looks to out to make you jump through hoops or pay them money for nothing.

SASSY77 Aug 10, 2016

I GOT TWO LETTER FROM AFNI INC FROM BLOOMINGTON IL. SAYING I OWED 162.66 FROM DIRECTV I HAVE NEVER HAD DIRECTV IN MY NAME BEFORE AND NOT TO LONG A GO THEY SEND ME ONE SAYING I OWED VERIZON NORTH FOR 467.98 I MOVED BACK TO TENN. AND THEY SEND ME A CHECK FOR THE DIFFERENCE SO I NO THEY DONT NEED MY MONEY AND A NOTHER THING IS THEY SAID THEY WOULD SETTLED FOR 25.00 ON THE PHONE BILL AND I TRYED TO EMAIL MAIL THEM AND I COULDNT GET ANYWHERE WITH IT SO WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT IM NOT SENDING THEM MONEY SPECAILY AFTER I READ ALL THIS ON THIS PAGE I ALMOST DID SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE OH YEAH I FORGOT I HAD A DIFFERENT LAST NAME AT THE TIME TOO SO THERE NO WAY THIS IS MY BILLS WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS MADDER .

• He
    Hector Fernandez Aug 10, 2016

Received a bogus bill from this people, just like many others, asking for 50% settlement on a debt of $301.30 with Verizon Virginia, with a disconnected phone number that is invalid. Never been a customer of Verizon nor I live in Virginia or in the area ( resident of Florida). Called company and they gave me the last 4 four digits of my social security which was incorrect, immediately (spoke with Jerry) they told me they would correct account. For the record, I called Verizon and they were not cooperative (account verification department) after keeping in the line for few minutes checking my account, they told me my files were no long there, that they were sold to the collection agency (suspicious too!)... I am writing this to alert others, do not pay their bills!

• Fe
    fedup Aug 10, 2016

I just recieved a letter from Afni Inc, saying that they want to give me a offer settlement. The bill is orginally from $2995.00 but they want to offer me a settled amout of 1457.00. Who are these people. i've never had a ATT cell phone bill. Before SBC bought ATT and changed their name to ATT rather than SBC, I shunned away from ATT because I didnt' like thier products.

And for them to send me this letter, i returned the letter to them, telling them I never had an cell phone account with them.