Aeroplan / mystery taxes & fees
I was considering a trip from Toronto to Philadelphia using my Aeroplan points and I was astonished to find my free flight would cost and additional $173.84 in taxes and surcharges. Had I booked a cash-fare flight the same taxes and surcharges would be only $121.07. I phoned Aeroplan and gave up after 15 minutes when I could not get a human to answer my call.
Flying Air Canada is bad enough. Now I am fed up with Aeroplan too. Once I finish using my points it is game over. I'll just book online and pay the going fare using a travel search engine. Better still, I won't be paying that $120 annual credit card fee to CIBC for a rip-off service on an airline that is pure crap.
More Aeroplan Complaints & Reviews
- Aeroplan - expired aeroplan miles without proper notice! 
- Air Canada Aeroplan - fraud and cheating! 
- Aeroplan - no longer good value 
- Air Canada Aeroplan - cancellation fee amounts to 102%
- Aeroplan - aeroplan program rules 
- Aeroplan.com - delivering damaged merchandise
- Aeroplan.com - car rental
- Aeroplan.com - flight
- Aeroplan.com - aeroplan reversal of miles
- Aeroplan.com - website is bugged and forces you to pay fees