Aeroplan / my miles were deleted

1 Markham, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I lost over 30, 000 miles without proper notice..I called today and the woman told me that the only thing she could do it offer me a chance to buy them back for 1cent per mile...plus tax.. Yah right! They are going to take all my miles which i paid for, and ask me to buy them back...thats pretty funny.

Er

Comments

• Vy
      16th of Jun, 2008

Aeroplan is a cheapo and semi crooked entity formed to squeeze out every penny out of trusting and unwary people. To take away points without a letter by mail or other solid notification is fraudulent. 8700 points were remove from my account. If I want them back I have to pay thsoe creeps 30 dollars per hundred points. I will cancel my credit cards that have aeroplan points associated with them. If these creeps lived in China they would be quickly diospatched. S Allworth

• Vy
      17th of Jun, 2008

To get satisfaction from this cheapo company called Aeroplan one must take them to Small Claims Court in the Province of your residence. Taking away points without notification by registered mail is tantamount to thievery. When they say that an e-mail has been sent informing one of the impending take away of points, the onus is on them to prove that the email was in fact received. The internet as yet is not perfect and many emails do go astray. Good Luck!