Aeg Electrolux / poor quality goods followed by arrogant and dismal after sales service

I purchased a top of the range induction hob with a new kitchen from a company called Esquadria Kitchens. The hob was distorted and when fitted had a gap between it and the worktop. Nobody had any idea about wether or not this is normal and it was left to me to find out. I tried the AEG website and found it impossible to send any type of communication to them. It is designed to deter rather than help.
Eventually I managed to speak on the phone with somebody in UK and was informed that the goods were definitely faulty as no gap should exist. Armed with this information I contacted the kitchen supplier who requested a service visit from AEG Electrolux. After some weeks the hob was inspected and it was agreed would be replaced. After a lot of chasing two fitters arrived with the replacement, not at 2pm as promised but at 7pm !!. One of the fitters then proceeded to stick adhesive foam tape to what I could clearly see was the wrong part of the underside edge of the hob. I told him this was wrong but he insisted and we were left with A GAP BETWEEN THE HOB AND THE WORKTOP!!!. I now insisted on a visit from the boss of the kitchen company and AEG management. They arrived and without apology the AEG person promised to remedy the situation within one week. Needless to say we are now still waiting after two weeks. This awful company has no regard for any of its customers at any level and I can understand why they place a firewall between themselves and all those that are unfortunate enopugh to have to contact them. Take my tip, DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER BUYING ANYTHING FROM AEG ELECTROLUX, EVER.

N  7th of Apr, 2014 by
Pick have recently bought a. New home and an AEG hob had been fitted as part of the extras in the kitchen . After 2 months I noticed the indicators on the gas control knobs had rubbed off . I called AEG only to be told that I had to buy new ones and it was not under guarantee . I've had hobs for years and never had to replace parts inn such a short time . I will be taking this up with AEG management .. My advice don't buy AEG !!

Frigidaire / Electrolux Logo Frigidaire / Electrolux