A&E Factory Service / no show

1 College Park, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-950-9505

A&E was scheduled to repair my Whirlpool refrigerator on Saturday, May 3rd between 8-4pm. I called at 3p to confirm the technician would still arrive and was assured he would. I call back at 4:15p and was assured service again. I called back at 6p, very concerned, and was assured I was his next stop and he would definitely arrive. At 8:20 I called again and was told the tech came at 8:15p and I wasn't home, which was a lie. The customer rep told me that he should have called me and left a note on my door (none of which was done). The customer rep did not apologize and only offered to reschedule me.
I have contacted Whirlpool and have selected another authorized provider.

Lo

Comments

12th of May, 2008

A&E is a dishonest, unreliable and a harassing company.
    April 18, scheduled appt for 8-12 am, company diagnosis's machine, orders parts and request
    payment for 80% of estimate. (Take day off from work)

April 25, next appoint to actually fix the machine. (Schedule day off)

April 24, company calls to say one part is on backorder and wont be ready until 4/28 make appoint for 4/29. (Schedule day off)

April 28, I call company to inform one part is still missing is it being overnighted for the 4/29 appointment? They state they don't overnight parts, duh then I say how are you going to service the machine on 4/29? Reschedule appoint for 5/2 (my birthday, another day off)

May 2, appointment scheduled for 8-12 am. Company calls the night before to confirm 8-12 am appointment and that someone will be home.

2pm on 5/2 call company questioning where abouts of technician, receptionist says he is running behind but that definitely will be coming.
    4pm call company again and reassured yes he is on his way
    5pm company claims they were in touch with technician and that he left at 4:30 from his previous site en route to my address.
    6pm husband arrives and irately calls company who say they have sent the technician an email that he will arrive shortly. Supposedly no cut off time, the tech works until the job is done.
    7pm (late for birthday dinner reservation) husband again calls and company states the technician's truck has "JUST" broken down and he will not be coming.

Against my advice my husband reschedules for 5/6 since they already have $278 dollars of our money. Cannot take another day off so ask housekeeper to wait for technician.

5/6/08 Technician arrives, takes all of @30 minutes to complete job and calls me at work for the balance. Says balance is 105 dollars but according to the written estimate given to me by the original technician, the balance should be $55 dollars. I ask technician to leave the bill and he says no that I have to come home and pay him right away. I tell him that if that's the case then he can wait until 5pm when I come home and I will gladly pay him then when I have reviewed why the balance is higher than the estimate. He responded that he was not going to wait and that the company would just send me to a collection agency. Lucky for him I had patients at the time and was not able to respond as he deserved.

• Be
      29th of Apr, 2011

A&E installed an oven part incorrectly. They rescheduled for a week later. They have an automated machine that calls the three days prior to their schedule appointment to confirm that the parts have arrived. You have to call them to confirm that the part has arrived. Unfortunately, they can't update their system so the automated machine continues to call twice a day telling you to call back (they don't call you with an actual person). They give you a four hour window in which they are going to come -- for me, Friday 1-5. At 3 o'clock, I call to confirm (again) that they will show up. The computer shows a scheduled arrival of around 4:30. At 5:15 I call back and they say nobody was coming. Very sorry. No call.

The only problem is I am a surgeon and I canceled an afternoon of patients. They charge you all the same...

Terrible service. Never ever use them.