A&E Factory Service Logo

A&E Factory Service

Having problems with A&E Factory Service?

A&E Factory Service reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 28, 2006. The latest review Appliance repair was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint overcharged, bad customer service was resolved on Nov 03, 2014. A&E Factory Service has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 220 reviews. A&E Factory Service has resolved 93 complaints.

A&E Factory Service Customer Service Contacts

1560 Cable Ranch Rd, Bldg A
San Antonio, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with A&E Factory Service Customer Service. Initial A&E Factory Service complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for A&E Factory Service above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about A&E Factory Service. Discuss the issues you have had with A&E Factory Service and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

A&E Factory Service Complaints & Reviews, Page 7

A & E Factory Serviceno show for service appointment

After rearranging my work schedule, A & E Factory Service failed to show for a service appointment. After they did not show up at the scheduled time, I had to initiate a call regarding the missed appointment. Only then idi the tech call me back and proceed to tell me that he was overbooked from the get go and that he would not be able to make it. I called A & E back and tried to have them send someone else out without any success. I was also told that I could not reschedule until the tech had uploaded his report that night. After talking with someone (Robert ??) in Texas I was told that I could reschedule for the first opening---six days later. It took six days to get the first service scheduled! That was unacceptable. It was impossible for me to be home that day. I asked if priority was given to customers who were "stood-up" by A & E and was told Sorry No.

After reading some of theese other complaints, I understand now that I was fortunate in not having A & E service my Maytag Microwave. I called Maytag and requested that a note be put in my file requesting NEVER to have A & E Factory Service do a repair. I have since scheduled the repair with another service company approved by Maytag and they will be here within 48 hours.

A & E Factory Services (Aka Sears Appliance Repair)Terrible service, incompetent repairmen

I called Maytag who sent A&E Factory Service to fix my appliance. I would pay for the service and Maytag paid for parts, but Maytag chose A&E Factory Service because they could order and direct bill for parts.

A&E Factory Service actually sends out other repairmen from other companies. Therefore, the guy who showed up at my door was from Sears and he did not have parts with him, but ordered 2 parts for me and told me to reschedule when the parts came in. I called A&E and they rescheduled me for the next week. When I called to confirm the day before my appointment, A&E had no clue about the status of the ordered parts. They told me the repairman ordered 1 part, but did not order the 2nd part. I had the technician's number on my caller ID, so I called him and he told me that A&E did not know what they are talking about and he ordered 1 part to be mailed to me and the 2nd part was on his truck. But, since A&E called his company, he was not sure if he or another service technician would come to my house for service. I went back and forth with A&E who insisted they do not have the part and did not want to send a repairman to my house unless the part came to my house via mail. I asked them to call the repairman and send him, but they said they could only call his dispatcher and could not guarantee I would get the same repairman. We went back and forth and they finally scheduled a repairman to service my unit and if he did not have the part on the truck, he would have to reorder the part and schedule another service call.

The repairman was supposed to come between 8am and 12noon and called my number around 10am when I was in the bathroom and left a message that he is trying to get in touch with me. I called him back on his cell, 10 minutes after he called me, but he did not answer. I called him back 2 or 3 times and he did not answer. I finally got a hold of him at 2pm and he told me it was too late in the day and I would have to call A&E to reschedule. A&E rescheduled me for the next day.

I waited at my house from 8am to 12noon as they had asked me to. When no one showed up, I called them by 11am and they told me a repairman was on his way and would call me. At 12noon AND AT 1pm, no one showed up, I called A&E again, they put me on hold and told me the dispatcher said the repairman was on his way. At 2pm, I called again and A&E told me they had called me the night before and rescheduled my service between 12noon and 5pm. I asked why no one else I called at A&E had known about this when I called earlier. They apologized and told me the repairman would be at my door at 3:30pm. I asked them to verify and the manager on the phone at A&E told me that he could call the dispatcher, but they would only tell him that the person is on their way. It is now 4:20pm and no one has showed up or called me. Since the repairman is supposed to call me before coming over, and it is almost the close of business, on my last call to A&E, they told me if the repairman was overloaded, he would have to reschedule.

It is better to call Sears or anyone else other than A&E. A&E outsources their repair services and is therefore not in touch with the actual repairman coming to your house. Therefore, they are just looking at a screen and telling you that someone is on his way and will likely have a part on his truck, but they don't have a clue. Call a repairman who you can call, or a company whose dispatcher is directly in touch with the repair person so you are all communicating about correct parts, the actual fix that needs to be done and when the repairman will come to you. It will save you a lot of time and hassle. I will never call A&E repair services again.

James Would Feb 06, 2010

Sorry to tell you this but Sears owns A&E Factory Service for over 9 yrs. They got it from Montgomery Wards and turned it into the nations 2nd largest service provider. Sears is still the largest but not for long as most units are being changed over to A&E. Just the logo and vans change the employees are mostly current Sears employees or new hire.

• Ab
        abnsvn Jan 14, 2010

THIS IS FROM THE GUY WHO WROTE THE COMPLAINT - I meant to say "call anyone other than Sears or A&E Factory Service" in the last paragraph.

A&E Factory Serviceprice gouging

I had a leaking Whirpool dishwasher, took it apart myself and saw it was a seal/gasket on the bottom. I couldn't get to it myself so I called Whirlpool and they scheduled A&E to come out. I must say the technician was very polite, and told me right away that the gasket I spoke of was the problem. The thing was, they replace the whole motor and casing unit entirely. He said it was cheaper to replace everything than the labor cost to get to the gasket. Thing is, the motor was perfectly fine (which is the most expensive part) and it only take four screws to take off (which I did earlier). Making a customer pay for unnecessary parts is price gouging. The parts cost $211.00 plus the $129 for coming out and doing nothing. Basically, they had me in a corner, so I went ahead with the replacement. Make sure your aware what really needs replacing.

• Go
          Gouged customer Jul 09, 2009

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher in an apartment we own. The new tenant said the machine was not filling with water. I called Whilrpool's service number and their automated system made a service appointment for the next day. The computerized voice wasn't clear in pronouncing the name of the service company; it sounded like "AE Factory Service, " and I couldn't find that name in the Yellow Pages or online to check on the company in advance. The service tech arrived, and I discovered it was A & E Factory Service. I still can't find them in the Yellow Pages in Baton Rouge, LA, where this branch of the company is located. I did, however, find 6 complaints against them in the Baton Rouge Better Business Bureau database.

The tech worked on the dishwasher for 30 minutes. He said there's nothing wrong with the dishwasher itself, so he took apart the valve in the water line leading into the dishwasher to see if there was any blockage in it. No blockage, but there's no water coming into that valve, so there's some problem with the plumbing further up the line. We need to call a plumber.

Charge: $142. When I said I thought that was quite a bit, and I was used to Sears charging $55 for a service call like this, where they take a look but can't do anything to fix the problem, he said that yes, that's what they charge to give an estimate for repair, but he actually spent time taking the valve apart and putting it back together, so that was the minimum he could charge. I wish I could charge that much for a 1/2 hour work as a teacher!

I called the Baton Rouge office after he left to talk to manager, and the phone rep. said that they won't have my billing info. until tomorrow because it has to be downloaded tonight. I promised to call back tomorrow, and I will, but judging from what I've read on this site, I don't have high hopes. The BBB and Whirlpool's national customer service will hear from me, if we don't get a more reasonable charge. Anyone gouged by this company because Whirlpool's service calls are routed to A & E should let Whirlpool know what kind of crummy service their customers are getting. I for one won't be buying any more Whirlpool appliances.

• Ke
          kevin ryan Jul 18, 2008

Just had a Whirlpool washer repaired.. Whirlpool automatically makes you use a and e. Was told by rep.
          it would be a week and 75 dollars plus parts and labor.
          The tech comes in tells me it will be 149.00 plus parts
          and labor. Bill came to almost 212.00.
          he was in my house for 10 mins replace a cable for the rinse cycle which involved pulling the old housing off and new housing on.
          So 212.00 minus the collect call is 137.00 for putting in a plastic piece and 10 mins work.

I have placed a report with bbb.

Stay away from this scam company and the brands who make you use them

• Do
          Donna Fenger Jun 08, 2007

Jenn-Air recommended A & E Factory Service for the repair of my cooktop's igniter. For 20 minutes of work they charged a whopping $142!!! What a rip off!

I wish I had known about this complaint web site before I called them.

• Me
          Melissa W. May 11, 2007

I had a terrible experience with A & E this week. I have a 1 year and 8 month on Whirlpool side by side fridge with water and ice maker dispenser. Well, the ice maker stopped making ice. I checked everything and as a last resort, called Whirlpool. They arranged a service call with A & E and said it would be a minimum of $65 for their visit. The guy called me on Tuesday and said he was on his way and would be there in about 15 minutes and he told me exactly where he was driving from. I told him I was in the opposite direction but would to the house and that we should get there at the same time. But I told him if he by chance got there before me that he could let himself in with the key under the mat because I had moved out and there was nothing in the house except the fridge. I got there and he was there. He had the ice maker fixed and had replaced the motor module. I commented on how fast that was because there was no way he had been there more than 5 minutes. He said it was an easy fix and that he'd have to go out to his van and calculate my bill but that he hoped that it wouldn't be too bad. He came back in a few minutes later with a bill for $261. I told him that I was shocked and that I felt that it was very much excessive and again commented on how he had it fixed in 5 minutes. He told me that they don't charge by the time spent, but rather than by the job. He said each part replaced has a value that they charge on top of the $65 charge. He said the $65 was just to drive up into the driveway. He said the part he replaced was $107, plus he had to add additional labor for a total labor cost of $154. I again told him that I was shocked and that I felt that was excessive. $154 labor for 5 minutes of work? He told me that I could put it on a credit card. I told him that didn't help me because it didn't change the price and I'd still have to pay the credit card. He told me that he could take check or credit card and he provided me a 1-800 number to call later and said they may help me and do something about the price. I called the number and spoke to a female manager and she was not helpful. She heard my situation and said she could do nothing. The prices are fixed and that was it. She said what takes one technician 5 minutes may take another 5 hours. (bs!) I spoke to my Mother that night and she told me that was price gouging. She said I could buy a whole new ice maker for less than that. She said that the technician should have determined the problem and should have given me a quote on the repair before doing it. Even though I was not there he could have called me again on my cell phone if he had to or geeze...wait a minute and I was right there. She suggested I cancel the check and call them the next morning and tell the manager again how I felt and that I should have been given a quote and offered the option to fix it or not. She said to tell them to come and get the part and that I should pay them the $65 for their determining the problem and leave it at that. Then she suggested I should report them to the Better Business Bureau. So I called and got a guy named Tristian. I told him the whole story and he said he would have the technician come out Monday and get the part and to have the tech call me from there so he could tell him how to initiate my refund. Well, then I told him I stopped payment on the check. He immediately changed his attitude and told me it was out of his hands. I asked him who I could call. He said he'd call me back with a number. He called me back with a number to a company called Cenergy (their collection agency). I told him that I didn't need the collection agency that I just wanted them to come get the part and I would pay them their $65. I told him I thought that the way they handled it was unfair and that the price was excessive and I should have been given a quote. He was so rude and said he had spoken to his manager and that she was the one that I had spoken to the day before. He said they could not come get the part because they could not use it again after it had been in my fridge. He said it was my fault for paying the guy and not telling him on the spot to take the part back out and that it was my fault because I told the guy it was okay to enter the home before I arrived and that I told the guy to go ahead and go in a fix it. I told him that I DID NOT tell him to go in and go ahead and fix it. I told him if he arrived a few minutes before me he could go in and begin looking at the fridge. He basically told me that since I stopped payment on the check that it was out of their hands that I basically (in their eyes) have bounced a check. It was like first he was nice and then when I said I stopped payment on the check and he spoke to his manager he was completely different....very rude. I tried to tell him that I wanted to be fair, but that I truly felt that I was not treated properly and that their charges were excessive. I told him that I paid the bill because that was the only option I was given and that I tried to do the right thing by calling the number the technician gave me, but that when I got his manager that she was rude and unhelpful. I told him I had no other choice but to cancel the check. I also have a feeling that my refund that I would have been given would have been only for the part. That they still would have charge me the full labor charge of $154. I am very upset about this situation because I have never had to call and complain about something like this and I have great credit and have never been turned over to a collection agency. I don't even know what to do now. Here I am the one offering to work with them on this and they want no part of it. I think I will call the Better Business Bureau and will also let Whirlpool know who they are contracting with for service. Very upsetting!!!!

• Wi
          wishstar Apr 27, 2007

A & E Factory Service - nationwide provider on the list for Kitchenaid appliances. They quoted me a price of $65 for the service call and whatever extra would be charged for time. All I needed was a couple of acrylic panels replaced on my Kitchenaid side by side refrigerator, which took less than five minutes. It cost me a whopping $200. Kitchenaid should be boycotted for recommending this company, and A & E should be put out of business for price gouging.

A&E Factory Servicelack of service

Nine months after purchasing a Whirlpool wall oven, the self-clean cycle was first initiated. Following this cycle, the upper oven ceased to work. I contacted Whirlpool service by phone, was directed to call back on Monday. Once I reached a service rep at Whirlpool and explained the problem, she booked my appointment with A&E for the following Wednesday. I was told it would be anytime between 8 and 5. I tried to contact A&E on Tuesday. I wanted to see if they coupld possibly narrow the time down to at least a four hour block. I was immediately denied and told that was not possible. It was their policy. On the day of service, I called A&E at 3:30. I inquired because I hadn't heard anything and was concerned that the service tech might be late. The assured me that the tech would be calling prior to arrival. I had to call again at 5:10. After a lengthy visit with hold muzac, I was told that the technicican was running late. He had one more stop before reaching my residence. A&E offered to call the regional dispatch for me. They said they would have the tech call me with an estimated time of arrival. At which point I demanded to speak with "the young woman's supervisor. She transferred me to the "escalation team". A young gentleman made the same attempts to explain that this was all regular policy. I inquired about customer service. Because I thought that was what I should be expecting - service. He apologized and again explained that this was policy and nothing could be done. While on the phone with him, Regional dispatch called (call waiting). She said that today's appointment could not be made and it would have to be rescheduled. Somewhere in this I am thinking I should be on blood pressure meds from this experience. I am now horrified by my response and that these mutants brought me to such an anger that I was yelling on the phone. Mr. Escalation Team can schedule me for a week from Tuesday, and I can wait for nine hours. I explain that this is not an acceptable correction. In addition, I have lost a day of work. He cannot give me anyone else to speak with, but can give me the name and address of the CEO so that I may compose a letter:
        Dale Reeder
        c/o A&E Factory Service
        1300 Louis Henna Blvd.
        Round Rock, TX 78664

I returned to call to Whirlpool, as I wasn't quite satisfied. I have lost a day of work, still have a broken oven, and need some sort of solution. Miss Whirlpool was much better in her service skills. She gave me 4 local repair service guys that are certified with Whirlpool. The second one is around the corner! They will be here Monday afternoon, between 3 and 5. I gave my fond thoughts of A&E to the Whirlpool rep.

I thought that I should verify the address given for A&E and I found this site.

How can such a poor service company be billed as a 'service'?

• Co
            Connie Stevens May 21, 2007

I called Sears on Saturday May 5, 2007 to report that my dryer was not heating. They had someone call me back to schedule an appointment. The only days they are in my area are Monday, Wednesday, & Friday's. Because of where I work Mondays & Fridays are not good days, so I scheduled it for Wednesday the 9th. I told them that because I worked they needed to call me on my cell phone 45 min. ahead of time so I would have time to get home. I called repeatedly during the day to verify that they had the correct phone number and where they were at on their schedule. At 4:00 in the afternoon I called again, and was told they were not able to reach me and that I would have to reschedule. They had called my HOME phone number! I could get no satisfaction no matter who I spoke with, Sears or A & E. I rescheduled and finally got someone out to my house and of course they had to order parts. The parts came in Tuesday the 8th, I received a phone call to verify that they came. I rescheduled for Monday the 21st, because my son would be out of school and would be there to wait. The repairman called to see if the parts were there and my son misunderstood what he said and said no, I called them right back and told them that yes they were there. The lady I spoke with said she would send the repairman an email to let him know the parts were there and told me I was next on the list. An hour later I called again, and they had it in there records that the parts were NOT there and I had been removed from the list, and I would have to reschedule. This company is the most pathetic company to deal with, no one knows what anyone is doing and no one follows through with anything. No wonder Sears is failing. I won't shop there again!

A&E Factory Service/Fisher & Paykela&e factory service is a fraud.

I have called Fisher and Paykel to service my dishwasher. They gave me few numbers and one of them is A&E Factory service. A&E told me that they will see me in a week waiting from 1-5. Week went by and I waited and waited and then they called me at 4:53 to tell me that they need to reschedule. I wasted 4 hours form my job and whole day waiting for them and they did not even apologize or explain why.

I find this VERY UNACCEPTABLE specially by seeing all these complaints. I suggest that you call the company that refers you to them and tell them to remove them from their database. I called fisher and Paykel and demanded that they remove this company from their service database immediately or I will return the product. I will wait few days with the help of all of you, I wish they company goes out of business.

Call Fisher and Paykel today and ask them to send A&E to hell: Ph: [protected]

A&e Factory Service - Sears — bad service

Sears we are not buying from you any more because of the service you are using!! It's been almost two month...

A&e Factory / Whirlpool Godpart ordering

Update on 11/20/09
            The emergency part is also wrong. NOBODY contacted me after I raised the complaint to A&E Factory and Whirlpool.

Original complaint on 11/18/09
            This is a compliant from an angry customer about your parts ordering system. Please take it seriously and give me a reply immediately. Otherwise, I won't purchase and will never recommend my company or my friends to purchase one more gas range from Whirlpool again.
            The story started on July 11, 2009 when all the buttons on the control panel of my gas range "Whirlpool Gold" did not respond. After called in your company, I learned that it was out of warranty, and I had to call service company to have it fixed. Actually, my gas range was come with house that I bought two and half years ago. I don't expect the gas range to be out of order in such a short period of time. Then, I called A&E factory and scheduled a technician to come. The technician came and call the office to order the required parts but no one answered. Then, he asked me to direct order the parts from Sears PartsDirect. I placed the order # W992403 for the part # 9756506WH. I was told that it was in backorder. After 1 month, I called in and checked but it was still in back order. I called on 9/30/09 and made a complaint. Then, your factory committed to send the part on 10/25/09. When I logged in Sears Website to check the status, I was surprised to find that the order was canceled on 10/21/09, without a good reason.
            I was frustrated and called A&E factory again. The technician came in and ordered the part for me. The first delivery was a wrong part with panel at left side while mine is at right side. Then, he ordered again, The second time, the part delivered is also wrong with wrong shape in the panel opening. The technician could not fit the part to my range. Finally, A&E factory placed an emergency order to your factory today for the part # 9756506WH.

My wife is mad at me about my poor follow up and too weak to raise complaints to Whirlpool. I am not supposed to complain to your company since I do not directly deal with your company. However, I think I have to voice out or my part will be at back order again. Every time, our friends come to my house for party but only to find my gas range is not working. I am really annoyed and my marriage on the edge to break. My wife complains me all the time that Thanksgiving is coming and we are going to have no gas range to cook turkeys .

Please check the ordering status of my part #9756506WH ordered from A&E Factory today 11/18/09. I deserve a response today. Otherwise, I will raise the issue to your TOP Management, even to your CEO and share the whole story about your service and quality with all of my friends in facebook, youtube, twitter, blog...

A&E Factory Servicepoor service lyes

This is a warning to all consumers out there regarding A&E factory service. A&E is one of the least professional companies I have ever had the displeasure of working with. They are a large national company that has no idea what is going on from one call center to the other. They lied to me on multiple occassions about service appointments. They canceled appointments on me at 3 pm after I took work off for the day. There excuse on two seperate occasions was having employees sick and could not make it to the apointments. When asked why they waited until three to let me know this they simply told me that they were too busy to call sooner. If you call in to complain it does no good. No written record of your complaints will exist by the time you call the next day. if you want an earlier apointment they will lye and tell you that they sdechuled one for you then when they fail to show they will simply tell oyu that you never called and made an apointment and they have no record of it. They will not let you talk to anyone locally about problem, they will not compensate for lost wages, and they will not give written appologies. In short, please avoid this company at all costs.

Ben Leahy
              Valparaiso, IN

A&E Factory Service GE Washerpoor poor service

The washing machine I bought 4 weeks ago stopped working. I called in the service support, and they sent a guy (3 days later) to fix the problem. The person who showed up was from A&E Factory Service. First he said I had no coverage, because I bought the washer and dryer 8 years ago, to which I said the models weren't made then, and showed him the receipt (as proof of purchase). After this he spent forever on the phone with the manufacturer. They also walked him through the process of testing the machine. After about an hour and a half, he says the circuit board is busted and needs to be ordered. So he placed the order, and said he would come back on Nov-5th to install it.

So I call up today, as no one shows up, and they tell me that he has scheduled an appointment for Nov-12th! And the best they can do is Nov-1oth! So essentially I have been out of a washer for over two weeks now, and the unresponsive and unhelpful staff (which I could speak to after about 10 minutes of hold) gave me essentially a big screw you...

All I have to say is, that if you're getting into support from these guys, run. They are rude, unprofessional, and don't know what they're doing.

A&E Factory Servicepoor customer service

I scheduled a Saturday appointment to have my dishwasher repaired. A part had to be ordered, so an appointment was set up for the following Saturday. The next late Friday afternoon, I received a very garbled voice mail message on my cell phone. I thought I heard "dishwasher, " but, although the phone line was fine, the caller made not the slightest attempt to be understood. He raced through his phone message as if the immigration officials were hot on his trail. In addition, his phone number was blocked, so I could not return the call at that moment. After returning home from work, I checked my paid-in-full receipt and called A&E Factory Service. [Note: They only list a national call center, so I could not look up a local number, even though they do have an address for their local, uh, experts.] A service man could NOT come the next day after all, I was told, and since I have to work the following Saturday, it will be at least a month a month since my initial call to have my dishwasher repaired. Considering my options, I asked to have my money refunded, and I would of course return the parts, but that would be impossible, I was told. How does A&E Factory Service manage to stay in business?!

• Pa
                      Pat Harvey Nov 11, 2010

I have a Maytag washer that motor had locked up, called Maytag and they set me up with a service call with A&E in Dallas. I waited all day long and they were a NO SHOW, they called at 6:00 pm and said I would have to schedule another appointment FOUR DAYS later was the soonest one that they had to service my washer. I DO NOT KNOW HOW A COMPANY CAN STAYS IN BUSINESS AND TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS WAY. CALL SOMEONE ELSE AND SEE HOW LONG THEY STAY IN BUSINESS.

• Qu
                      Quality Appliance Nov 27, 2007

Send letters to Sears, they own A&E but don't want to admit it. So many people are so dissatisfied with Sears that they won't let them in their house, so the Sears guy drives his truck back to the shop, changes shirts and gets in the A&E truck. Same idiot different truck.

• Ka
                      Kathleen Lewis Sep 19, 2007

I am in the midst of a similar nightmare with my Fisher & Paykel clothes dryer in Atlanta. I can't even bear to rehash ALL the details but, in a nutshell, Fisher & Paykel customer service told me to call A&E. A&E came, said they didn't have the parts in stock to fix it, but that the boss would call me. And,unbeknownst to me, he took my owner's manual with him. Three days went by and I heard nothing. So I called Fisher & Paykel again and they said, "Oh, don't use A&E, they won't buy the parts from us and it takes them two weeks to get a part in stock." They gave me the name of another repair person. I called him and he said he would call me back. I then cancelled A & E and then the other guy never called me back. The A&E repairman said I only have a one-year warranty, but F&P says I have a two-year warranty. Which incidentally, runs out in less than two weeks. So now I am going to call F&P back and try for a third repairperson. How I wish I had bought another Whirlpool! I had my last set from them for over 19 years and it never broke down - just sort of wore out at the end. But I let the salesman at Lowe's talk me into the Fisher & Paykel. And that's another story. Don't buy Fisher & Paykel. They sell their customer service as a franchise, I just saw on the internet. And their products cost a fortune.

• Do
                      Doug Martin Sep 10, 2007

My wife called Fisher & Paykel for service on a dishwasher. Fisher & Paykel directed her to A&E Factory Service. My wife then called A&E Factory Service to make an appointment, with a 4-hr. window, for a technician to repair the dishwasher. The first time a technician came to repair the dishwasher he determined, after reading a repair manual for about 15 minutes, that the lids on the double-drawer model needed to be replaced. He replaced the parts for $245.25, said he tested the unit and that it was repaired. The next day the dishwasher stopped working. A second appointment, with a 4-hr. window, was scheduled. That technician also lacked any knowledge of the Fisher & Paykel dishwasher as he also read a repair manual for about 10 minutes. He diagnosed a different problem and proceeded to replace a different part. He said he tested the dishwasher and it was repaired. The next day it was not working again.

My wife and I have called A&E Factory Service Customer Service dozens of times over the last 3 weeks to complain about the service and to demand a refund. By the way, the customer service department is in Austin, TX and it cannot/will not make refund decisions on behalf of the "local unit" but can only contact the unit local with the complaint. The local unit that botched the repair on our dishwasher is located in Wharton, NJ and the customer service rep suggested that A&E was having problems with the Wharton, NJ local unit. The rep acknowledged that it made no sense that A&E has $245.25 of my money and I have a malfunctioning dishwasher.

Both my wife and I spoke with a rep of the local unit of A&E and were told on two different occasions two weeks apart that we would receive a response to our refund demand within two days. I also called Fisher & Paykel to complain and requested its intervention. Fisher & Paykel agreed to contact A&E. We are still awaiting responses from Fisher & Paykel and A&E Factory Service. My next step is to file a small claim against A&E.

The service problems reflect very poorly on Fisher & Paykel. I would recommend that purchasers avoid purchasing Fisher & Paykel appliances if repair services are provided by A&E. Before any repair work is initiated on any appliance, I would ask any technician if he or she worked for A&E and, if so, I would ask them to leave immediately. Apparently, A&E subcontracts with Sears for repair services. The A&E customer rep asked if A&E or Sears provided the technicians. So you may want to be aware of that also.

A&E Factory Service — terrible customer service

I was directed to a&e by my home protection policy when my built-in Whirlpool oven ceased to work. Two week...

A&E Factory Servicescam company

We own a maytag washer purchased from home depot in november, 2005. We purchased the extended service plan at the time of purchase. This plan is underwritten by ge appliances and the horrible service is contracted out to a god-awful company called a&e appliance repair. A&e sucks!

The washer stopped working on a tuesday, it's a front loader and the door is locked and the clothes are sitting in water.

The earliest appointment we could get with a service contract from a&e was 4 days later, on a friday. They said they'd arrive between 11 am and 5pm. They actually showed up at 5:54 pm, stayed 17 minutes, had no parts on hand to fix the broken pump and proceeded to tell us that they could not return to fix the washer for another eleven days!

Most local indepednet service companies said they could come out the next business day and said whatever parts they needed could be sourced locally and that the washer would be repaired the day of the call.

Apparently ge contracts with this sears owned company because they are cheap, incompetent, poorly managed. They never arrive with any parts and all parts need to be shipped direct to the customer from some distant warehouse at cheap-o ups ground shipping. Then yet another service call muct be scheduled to install the parts.

A&e sucks. Never do business with them. Never buy a service contract from a&e or any of their partners like maytag or ge. They are a low cost, low customer service organization and they really don't give a darn about doing repairs quickly, competently and on-time.

Far better to just pick someone randomly out of the phone book; before I remembered that I had a contract, I contacted three independent service companies, all of whom knew right away it was the pump and told me they could have the washer back up and running the very next day.

Dell computer gives great next day on site service. Most companies that service printers come out next business day. When I buy a service contract on a home appliance, I expect next day service, I expect the technician to have a truck that is "kitted" nightly with the most likely set of parts. If the tech doesn't have the part, I expect it to be sent next day air first am and for the tech to return the very next day to install the part.

It'll be two entire week before this stinking dung heap of a company can repair my washer.

They charge a premium price for a less than adequate service, which to me makes them a scam company and a total rip off. Far better to skip the lousy service contract and if the appliance breaks, call a local, independent service tech who probably owns his own company and to keep the customers coming, will do a better job than sears and a & e. Sears ran lousy department stores and they run a lousy service company. Avoid a & e factory service.

• Aa
                        AandEsucks May 24, 2011

A and E Factory Service is horrible! I will never, ever call them again. They charged me $190.00 an hour for labor to unclog a freezer drain line. Took them 20 minutes. This company is definitely a scam!

AE Factory Servicehorrible customer service

I had a 4-hour window for AE to come out and fix my fridge. As the 4th hour approached, I call their customer service to find out when they would come. They told me they'd have dispatch call me within minutes for an update. Well, over an hour passed and no call. I called customer service back demanding to know when they were coming (it's now 1 hour passed the window). They had me on hold for twenty minutes only to tell me they didn't know and that I could reschedule if would like. I then asked them if they would credit me for the cost of the next visit since it was an obvious mistake on their part and they said they don't offer that kind of compensation. I hung up on them. And they didn't even seem sorry or concerned that I had taken a half day off from work.

• Os
                          osia12 Dec 28, 2012

I am in NC, and this is the first occasion I have had to use any service tech. Window was between 8-12, he called at 8:35, was in driveway by 8:40, was professional, yet friendly and immediately went to work. Fortunately it was just a motor mount clip bracket that had popped off most likely during shipping, but he went and performed a diagnostic anyways. He was packed up and gone within 30 minutes. I have noticed a lot of states where complaints are coming from are heavy union states, maybe that might be part of the problem.

• Am
                          Amcst81 Sep 11, 2012

Wow don't even bother buying the warranty for. Repairs 4 times the guy ae has been at my house 4 times and still broken washer, 3 weeks without a working washer and a fault who works full time 2 jobs and small children, what's the point in having a cysteine service number if you can't get any supervisor or any competent person to actually tell you what is going on
                          In this company!!

• Tm
                          TMisner Aug 26, 2009

I work at an appliance company in WA State, here I have the same complaints from customers who have chosen A&E. They end up calling me to schedule appointments after A&E don't show up to their scheduled appointment. This happens on a regular basis, and the customer service for A&E isn't even in the state your calling from, so their not much help either. Sorry for troubles, just thought you might want to hear that your not the only one out there having issues with A&E. Good Luck, Tonya

A&e Factory Service / Whirlpoolno show/no fix

I have a brand new Whirlpool washer.It started leaking water 2 weeks after I bought it. So I called service.A&E Factory Service, 1st appointment was a no show, 2nd appointment no part, overnighted the part, it arrived as promised but no show from technician on 3rd appointment.Finally on the 4th appointment the techian looked at me as I was walking to the door to meet him, then left. Still no repair.I called A&E, and was told that I would have to make a 5th appointment.A&E rep was rude and useless.They actually dared me to file a complaint with Whirlpool.So I did.Whirlpool asked me to try another service provider.So I did.Let's see what happens now. A&E Factory Service is horrible.Be advised to call the manufacturer first and get another company to service your appliances!

A & E Appliance Repair — a & e sucks

Under-counter ice maker needed repair ~ they came out to diagnose and said we had to order the part. Okay...

A&E Factory Servicelack customer service and professionalism

I been working with A&E for over a month to try to get my refrigerator fixed. The techs that have come out to my home have not been able to fix and are full of excuses. I spoke to Carlos from their escalation team and he was not courteous or professional. In fact, he was the worst person any company could have on a service or escalation department.

Marlin826 Aug 26, 2009

We had A&E come out to fix our ice maker on our Kitchenaide built in refrigerator on Tuesday 8/25/09. The technician had to replace the ice maker with a new unit. All seemed well until after the tech left and I decided to open the freezer drawer. It was stuck and I could not open it completely. I made sure nothing inside was jamming it. It was not on the door track properly! I called A&E immediately and they said they would contact the tech and have him call me back. This was at 11:45 AM. Well hours later and 3 more calls to A&E there was no tech coming to fix his screw up! I could not even schedule an appointment for the next day since the system wasn't updated or some crap! I then called first thing in the AM to only get a continued run around. "Oh call back in an hour because our routing department isn't in yet. Called them back an hour later and they told me no one could come out today to fix it they were booked. I had then talked to a "person" in the Escalation department. Although she could feel my pain they could not come out until Thursday sometime between 8:00 AM and my death! I told her that was unacceptable it was a error on the tech's part and I could not access my freezer. I still got yes dear but too bad too sad. When I threatened to cancel the payment on my Amex she said that would be ridiculous and I should not do it, they had provided the service. Yes half a#@ service. I had to even beg her for an early morning appointment. Shameful, terrible, disgusting customer service. I probably was over charged as well! Seems this is their typical MO from what I read here! This place should be indicted by the attorney general.

A&E Factory Service — rip off

Wish I would have read all of these compliants before I sat around all day waiting for A&E Factory...

A & E Factory Serviceappliance repair

A&E sucks. Suck a big lemon. I was forwarded on to A&E by Frigidaire. I never thought I would ever encounter an appliance repair service that is worse than Sears but I found it. The appliance repair man showed up on June 30, 2009. He said I needed a suction line and a compressor. I received the parts on July 6, 2009. I called to schedule service. So far so good. On the day of the scheduled appointment I called twice in the morning to schedule service. I called again in the afternoon to confirm. By 5:30 pm the technician had not showed. I called and was told by the customer service reps that the technician had been to my house and had scheduled an emergency part? Go figure. The managers lied thru their teeth and told me the technician had been at my house. A & E then told me they were going to express ship the part yesterday, overnight delivery July 10, 2009 to arrive on July 11, 2009. But the part did not arrive and while the technician told me he was going to repair the fridge today July 11, 2009 he has not arrived yet.

I did record most of the phone calls I made to A & E. When I told them that it was like exposing vampires to light although they claim they record calls for “coaching” purposes. I even had a customer service rep “yo mama” me which was hilarious. It is amazing what this lying pack of thieves will do. I have been without a refrigerator since before Memorial Day. Today is July 20, 2009; this has been the hottest summer on record. This is cruel and inhumane treatment. Did I mention that this refrigerator is under warranty? No wonder this country is going to the dogs. I have not talked to such a lying pack of thieves since I talked to Countrywide.

• Ji
                                Jillian D Oct 21, 2011

A&E had called me with an option because they were running late and asked me if i wanted to still have them come or reschedule..
                                I called back and had them come..
                                They came in 15 minutes..
                                Once they got here I thought they were highly Professional..
                                I didn't have any problems what so ever..
                                I am very Pleased with the Service and A&E's performance..

• Pam Glover Nov 10, 2010

A&E is the very WORST company I have EVER dealt with in my life!!! They give you a four hour window that you must be home and the THEY NEVER SHOW UP!!! Not only did I lose my pay for the entire day I also got no where when I called to express my concerns! I spoke to their manager in Texas, Mark, who told me that I was rescheduled without my knowledge or a phone call! I called them at 4:20 PM and at 7:00 that evening and was informed they were still coming out. NO SHOW AND NO CALL!! I spent my entire day being lied to by A&E in Kissimmee Florida!! I was referred by Whirlpool as my refrigerator was under warranty. They never have to pay because the company they use will not show up!! When I called to get another time they would only give yet another four hour window. They could not even give a definite time to try and make it right. I would NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH A&E APPLIANCE REPAIR!!! THEY ARE VERY UNETHICAL WITH ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS INTEGRITY!!!

james 2 Aug 09, 2009

well that what you get when all the factorys got out of service and the rich republicans own it all, ,

• Pr
                                PROSS Aug 06, 2009

Not only is A&E service the worst in keeping their service appointments, but they also make up things on the phone when you call them about not showing up!!! I had a service scheduled for 08/05, for my Haier fridge that went out completely and no one showed up, or called! I called the idiots 3 times and they confirmed the appt and said a tech would be showing up between 1-5pm. No one showed up or called. I called them again on 08/06 and gave them an earful about not showing or calling. They actually changed the story and said there was no appt on 08/05 but the appt was on 08/06 from 8-5pm instead! I couldn't believe that they made that up and lied. This company HAS TO BE STOPPED from being used for service repairs!! Im still waiting on these idiots to get this fridge fixed!

Ae Factory Services — repair

AE Factory technician came to our home to repair a washer. He was unable to repair and needed to order part...

A & E Factory Repairfraud

Whirlpool set up a repair apt for me with A &E to have my refrigerator repaired. They told me I have a service fee which was $98 which would be applied to repairs and deducted if I decided to do them. The man came and said I was NOT under warranty gave me a huge estimate and said he didn't have the part anyway it would have to be ordered. To make a long story short, I WAS covered for parts under my warranty, my cost of repair should have been about 1/2 of what he quoted. When I asked A&E to give me a new quote they said I'd have to have him come back to do so. The service charge that was supposed to be applied for repairs would go towards him coming back to give me the new quote. I sent them 4 emails on their site which they send me a reply that I'd hear from them in 48 hrs I never did. Whirlpool assured me a representative from A & E would call me in 3 business days, they never did. Having the man come back to give me a new estimate was ridiculous since he already broke down the estimate into labor and parts. NOT having fee applied towards repairs as promised was FRAUD. Whirlpool seems to be pushing them on their customers so I'd recommend you ask them for someone else locally. A&E headquarters are in Illinois but they have branches all over. A company that will not respond to a complaints, tells you one thing then walks away Is NOT a company I want to fix anything. So I went and bought a new refrigerator and didn't have it repaired. Maybe they are happy to collect a $98 service fee for 3 min and not come back.