A&E Factory Service Logo

A&E Factory Service

Having problems with A&E Factory Service?

A&E Factory Service reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 28, 2006. The latest review Appliance repair was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint overcharged, bad customer service was resolved on Nov 03, 2014. A&E Factory Service has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 220 reviews. A&E Factory Service has resolved 93 complaints.

A&E Factory Service Customer Service Contacts

1560 Cable Ranch Rd, Bldg A
San Antonio, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with A&E Factory Service Customer Service. Initial A&E Factory Service complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for A&E Factory Service above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about A&E Factory Service. Discuss the issues you have had with A&E Factory Service and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

A&E Factory Service Complaints & Reviews, Page 6

A&E Factory Repair — horrible customer service

Is it possible to give negative amounts of stars? If it were, this business would be getting them!!! HORRIBLE...

A&e Factory Service (Formerly Sears)merciless termination

I am so angry. My husband is a hard working man with years or experience. He worked as a service tech for A&E and was highly praised by his customers. He recently got awards for his work. He was a hard worker and showed up for work on time day after day. Few people have the expertise in this field and are as reliable as my husband. Sears terminated him for wearing open back shoes that he wore when it was about 94 degrees outside. He told his boss that he would never do it again yet he was still terminated and was never given a letter of warning. I don't think I will ever shop there are recommend this company again. This is a merciless act on the part of A&E, (formerly Sears). A&E has the greater loss.

joebob1 Feb 27, 2011

For the person that purchased the IKEA refrigerator. First, you DON'T have to accept a damaged product at delivery no matter what you are told, (apparently you didn't do your research). Second, the IKEA brand is junk, again, no research. Third, there are NO United States based parts suppliers for IKEA, therefore the technician will not have IKEA replacement parts in truck stock. Once again, no research on YOUR part. Fourth, If the technicians carried every part for every appliance that they worked on (which everyone thinks they do) they would have to drive a tractor trailer. Its not the repair company's fault that YOU didn't do the required research and bought a sub standard product. What happens when you put a new operational part on a turd? At the end of the day you still have a turd...To all uneducated CONSUMERS, before you purchase an expensive appliance, do extensive research, spend time reading and talking to local technicians to find out what they don't work on as much. Money is hard to come by, don't waste it by being lazy an caught up in the "oh, shinny! I just have to have it!" syndrome. Last but not least, scheduling. If you are not home 1/2 hour before or after an appt. time, (this is common sense), you will get a little yellow tag on your door asking you to call in and reschedule your service call. Once the technician pushes the not home icon on his computer, the service call gets deleted from the system for that day and the tech cant bring it back. Technicians are extremely overbooked, if you're not home they will go on to the next customer. The company scrutinizes over drivetime and time on service calls so the tech does what he or she has to do in order to keep their job. Thats just the way the buisness is, and it has been that way for years. These are just some common sense tips from a service technician.

A & E Appliance Repairwrongly accused

The prior complaint I read is talking about warrenty work through calling Sears to come out to repair there appliance.That company is a nationwide repair service called A&E FACTORY SERVICE, alot of people are getting confused with this company that does the warrenty work for Sears, Whirlpool, Maytag, and Kenmore products. This is not the original A&E APPLIANCE SERVICE in Roseville Michigan, they have been in business since 1949 and has built it's reputation on great service and selling parts to the do-it-yourselfers in the area.

Please before you wright a complaint about a company get your facts straight about that company!

A&E Factory Servicepoor service

Contact Sears Home Service (who contracts with A&E) on June 21st about a problem with a strong gas smell from our gas dryer. Appointment scheduled for July 2nd from 8-12. Technician arrived and looked at it for about 10 minutes and said he had no idea, has to be the gas valve. Ordered part on 7/2, part arrived on 7/7, tech rescheduled fro 7/9. Tech arrived and installed the part and said the problem was fixed. Used the dryer a couple of times and still smelled of gas really bad. Contacted Sears (A&E) again on 7/14 and they scheduled a tech to be out again on 7/14. Tech arrives and spends a good amount of time troubleshooting the problem and decides to just adjust the valve--should be fine now he says. Still have gas smell really bad. Call Sears again and they schedule a tech back out for 7/22. Tech arrives does more troubleshooting and says the electronic boards are not sending the right messages to the gas valve. Orders parts and reschedules us for 8/11. Parts don't show up. Reschedule for 8/23. Tech is no show between 8-12pm...calls at 12:15pm and says he is an hour away - I say don't bother I have to go to work. Try to contact sears about problem and no escalation path for service failures like this - no one is helpful at all--they just want to reschedule another appointment -- MORE vacation, more money, more inconvenience. So far I'm out 3 vacation days, $560.00 and we've been going to the laundromat to dry our clothes for the past 8 weeks. Avoid Sears (A&E) service, warranties, etc like the plague...TERRIBLE!

• SearsCare Sep 09, 2010

Dear Wimac75,

I apologize for responding so late to your post, but I did want to reach out to offer help. I'm so sorry to hear your A&E repair experience was such an unpleasant one. I can imagine the frustration and stress surrounding the situation involving your gas dyer; not to mention the nerves from the gas smell. I'm Scott with A&E Solutions; we'd like to help if you'd still accept it. At your convenience please contact our office at [email protected] so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the dryer is listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name (Wimac75) in your email so we can reference to your posting.

Scott J.
          A&E Cares

• Mi
          mikieg324 Oct 31, 2009

I had a problem with my 7 month old Whirlpool Duet Washer after a power outage on October 6, 2009. After calling Whirlpool, they recommended A&E Factory Service to fix. I called to schedule an appointment and got one for the next Tuesday (6 days later) "between 8 and 5". The rep showed up and determined that he needed to order a master computer (he explained that this is a common problem but didn't have the part with him although they advertise they have the most common parts on their truck). So - the part showed up the next Friday and got another appoint ment for the next Tuesday "between 8 and 5". The tech showed at 11 and installed the computer but nothing changed. So - he ordered another computer part for the display. AFter not hearing anything from anyone, I called A&E to ask where my part is. The young lady explained that it is on backorder until Noveber 11 (this was on October 23 and remember, I've been without my washer since Oct 6.) I called Whirlpool and told them this is unacceptable and they got me the part on October 29. I called A&E to schedule service (and this is the reason for my complaint). They called and told me they would be at my house on Saturday, October 31, 2009 between 8am and 5pm. So - I waited at home until 3pm and got nervous because I hadn't heard anything. I called A&E and they assured me that I was on the schedule for today. At 5pm I called A&E and explained I hadn't heard nor seen anyone. She told me that the technician "is on his way to your home now. You were last on the list. (you would think they might have had the decency to tell me this when I scheduled so I could have done something during the day instead of sitting around waiting for these people). I waited until 6:30 for the technician who "was on his way to my house". Then I called A&E again. This time, the operator told me that the technician wrote that no one was home. It was dark by this time and when I called at 5pm, I had turned my lights on, had my TV on (that can be seen from the windows) I have doorbells at both doors and two dogs who bark if they hear any little noise. No one showed up at my house at all. Needless to say, I am livid and am highly recommending that No one use these people for anything. Their idea of service (between 8 and 5) shows that they don't care about the customer's time and then to not show up at all and then lie about me being home (I didn't leave the house AT ALL and NO ONE drove through my driveway at ALL!) infuriates me. I filed a complaint with Whirlpool already and will file more. And here I sit with a computer part for my washer and a company so rude that they can't even call to say that they got backed up.

• Ka
          Kathryn Wildgen Dec 03, 2007

The pits! They supposedly have a 90-day warranty on their work. But if the "fix" doesn't "take," it's the fault of the appliance!! My freezer door still leaks cold air and gathers frost. Tech's solution: buy a new door. I've contacted the BBB of Baton Rouge and we'll see what happens. Avoid A&E at all costs.

A & E Factory Service — no show

I called A & E to fix my stove. Without touching or examing the stove he told me what parts were needed. He...

A & E Factory Serviceservice is terrible

Hi,
        Thanks for reading. Just a few details before I continue.

Location: Brookline, MA
        Appliance: 2008 Maytag Dishwasher repair
        Date: 7/26/10
        Complaint: No call, no show.

A/E was supposed to come out to my place to fix a dishwasher under warranty. I booked my service directly from Maytag and the date they were supposed to arrive was 7/26/10 between 12pm-5pm. They stated that I needed to be available in the morning for a confirmation phone call so I called at 1030am and spoke to Veronica (800.771..3029) and told her my phone would be in an area with poor reception but to make sure to tell the technician that I would be home. She confirmed this and stated that it should not be a problem and told me everything was all set.

7/26/10 @ 3:55pm: I called again and spoke with Gris and she stated that the technician was running behind but would make it by 5pm. She assured me that my service call would be completed by the end of the day.

7/26/10 @ 5:46pm: No call. No show. I called and spoke with a manager and they hung up several times stating that they were going to re-route my call to the appropriate person.

I am so dissappointed that I wasted 1/2 a day and took of work early to get home and find out that they were so un-professional.

Please do not use these people for your service.

A&E Factory Serviceincompetent company

These people are ###s. I have a home warranty and was given their name for a refrigerator repair. First off when you call it takes 10 minutes of hold before anybody answers. I called Saturday; they said they could not come until the next Friday. On Friday morning they called and said they could not come, but would come the next day by 12. At 12 the next day I called and asked where they were. They said they were late but were still coming. At 3, I called again and they said maybe I should reschedule. I hung up and call the warranty company and got another contractor. A&E called me back about 4:30 and said they "might" be able to come around 7-8pm. I said they "might" eat crap and die. Hopefully this new contractor will be better, but it's hard to imagine they could be worse.

A & E Factory Servicerepair

called sears for repair-DACOR oven-sears referred me to a & e
            service man arrives late-not familiar with this model, but determines that I need a particular part, which he orders- I pay 129. for svc call and 415. for the part.
            set up second service call to install part-repairman arrives very late-(second work day lost on the oven repair),
            tries to install the part, but cannot-tells me that a & e cannot work on DACOR-he does not know how to install the part-will refund my $...
            he fills out refund form for the part, and reluctantly, the service call. It is 2 months since I paid for the part and service, and my credit card has not been refunded yet. an overall unprofessional organization

A&E Factory Servicesno show, no accountability, no luck

Where do I start?

This company should be investigated for outright fraud. The major appliance companies that contract their work with A&E Factory Services need to be made aware of the horrible nature of this company. We were lied to, told conflicting information by each person who answered the phone, stood up, taken for fools, and blown off. Below is a timeline summary of what happened. From the looks of things, it seems that our story is not unque and that there is a pattern of lies and fraud involved with the way A&E does business.

1. Whirlpool refrigerator fan goes out after 9 months. Whirlpool assigns A&E Factory Services to the case.
              2. A&E schedules for an early Friday AM block from 8-12. No show by 1pm.
              3. Called A&E who says "Truck broke down, be there by 3pm". No show by 4pm
              4. Called A&E who says, "you're next on list. Tech will be there by 5pm". Tech shows up close to 6pm.
              5. Tech opens refrigerator and, without testing anything, declares "Your fan motor is dead".
              6. Tech orders a new motor, and despite my suggestion to visually inspect the fan, says he doesn't need to because "he just knows".
              7. Because of 4th July weekend, part doesn't arrive until Wednesday.
              8. A&E says they will come Thursday to install part.
              9. We wait ALL DAY for tech to come. We make 6 calls to A&E inquiring on status. Each time, operator says that the tech is en route.
              10. At 6pm, tech still isn't there. So, we speak to manager at call center. He informs us that our order for service was never processed. The tech was never en route. We were lied to.
              11. Manager finally has tech show up at 8am the next day, Friday. It's a new tech, and he opens up the fridge to install the new fan motor and finds that the original is not broken. It had something lodged in the blades, and once removed, works perfectly.

The moral of this story: If the first tech had showed up on time, and actually looked at the problem instead of using clairvoyance to diagnose the problem, it could have been fixed on day 1. Also, don't trust a single word that comes out of the mouth of anyone that answers the phone at A&E.

Ana Waliser Jul 30, 2010

Im so agree with you!!! here we are 7/30/2010 in Ridgecrest, Ca. with the Diswasher was broke before the guarantee was up, the repair man came the first time right after he left that thing didn't work, called them back took another 2 weeks he order a part and here we are the part is here and no repair man yet, what is going on!!! You think by know this company would be out business or be doing a lot better after all this bad report we need to report to BBB. I hope I don't have to deal with peole like this anymore like you say you wouldn't by Maytag you're right no more!!!

A&E Factory Service — horrible service-beware!

BEWARE OF A&E: [protected] This is the company I found online to who had a GE "authorized technician"...

A & E Factory Servicerepair service

A & E factory repair is a horrible company. First - I had to wait until a weekend when my refrigerator went out, because they only scheduled repairs in 4 hour windows and I would have to take a day off work to be here. They do not work evenings. Saturday - service came out and fixed my refrigerator at a cost of $500+. After he left I ran some errands and some grocery shopping. Just to find my refrigerator knocking, not holding a temp and no ice cubes yet. I immediately called A & E Factory Repair and she called the technician and of course he had already gone home. She said she sent him a message and he would call me to let me know when he would be able to come back out. She also said the earliest he would be able to come back would be Monday. HE NEVER CALLED. That was July 3rd. July 4 was on a Sunday - no repairs available. Monday - still no call from A&E so I called them. She said that the technicians do not work today - this is their holiday. Apparently she lied to me on Saturday. The earliest I could be scheduled would be Wednesday morning from 8-12. This company has very POOR customer service. There is no regard to return visits to fix a problem that I have already waited a week to get fixed. I spoke to the manager and he does not care about his customers. I was trying to explain to him and he was talking over me and telling me he understands but can not get anyone out here until Wednesday. It is a shame that companies can not treat you the same when you are getting your appliance fixed as when you were buying the appliance in the first place. I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH A&E AGAIN! And just what am I supposed to do with the groceries I just bought? A&E does not care.

• Tp
                    TPapendick Dec 17, 2012

Came to house to fix microwave that I received with defected relay switch. Had to order part. Part never showed so we had to cancel appointment and reschedule for part to be shipped again. This was after they accused me of stealing the part and claiming I never received it. They called me back that afternoon to say the part was shipped but stopped in transit and they needed to reorder. Called 6 times to get parts man out to house..finally asked to talk to supervisor. Three times but on hold for half hour and then hung up on. Get the supervisor on phone who was rude and said i was lucky to be having someone come out to my area. Accused me of not answering my phone and so the service guy didn't come on the 12th (which was the day that part did not show up). I was on the phone with the company because the part wasn't here and they needed to call him off till it got here. Bunch of idiots that work for this company and I would never recommend them to anyone. I also called Whirlpool to give my complaint about this company and feel they should not use them for anything.

Mad Customer in MI Dec 29, 2011

I bought a new Maytag washing machine and 8 days later it broke down. Maytag set up an appointment with A & E Factory Service between 1 and 5. A & E called at 3:35 and hung up after only 1 1/2 rings. I called back and was told the technician called and "the customer was not home". They are liars, I was standing next to the phone. I told them to get someone out to my house. They said they could not get a hold of the technician. Then they said that there never was anyone in my area to do the service call. I wanted to talk to a supervisor and was put on hold and the line went dead. I called back and the same guy answered and acted like he did not know my story. I was put on hold and left hanging this time. Third time calling I got a different guy and was told sorry nothing could be done. A & E Factory Service is terrible and I hope Maytag and any other company that uses them drops them fast.

A&E Factory — shut them down!

I am in tears right now due to A&E and Kitchenaide! Our compressor went out on a refrigerator that is only 2...

A&E Factory Servicesscheduling/no show

My two year old Whirlpool refrigerator stopped keeping the fridge and the freezer cold. We called Whirlpool who then scheduled an appointment with A&E Factory Services for 4 days later. Meanwhile we had moved everything to coolers to try and save our grocercies. When the man showed up, we assumed he would have the parts he need to fix the fridge or at least within a couple of days. He orders the part from their factory that is a two hour drive from my home yet took 5 days to be sent to us. Once we received the part we called A&E again to have them install the part, again assuming that they'd be there the next day. They told us they could send someone out in 4 days. By this time we have lost all of the groceries that we weren't able to cook up. I take the entire day off work because of course their window of arrival is 4 hours (1-5). They call me at noon the day they were to come and tell me that they have no technicians in the area for today and I need to reschedule for...get this...11 days out. I pitched a fit on the phone for having taken the day off work only for them to call an hour before scheduled arrival and it now being 13 days after our original call for service...add in the other 11 and we'd be at 24 days since I first called. Because I was upset, they said they could send someone out the next day (I'd have to miss another day of work for this). They are scheduled to be here tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. I will NEVER buy another whirlpool if they insist on sending A&E. This company fails at customer service!!!

A & E Factory Service / Sears — Cancel appointment

We called A & E two weeks in advance to set up an appointment to fix our icemaker and on the day of the...

A&E Factory Servicestrip chrge $160.00!!

I bought all kitchen aid products for our new home in 4/2005. The microwave oven combo model number kehc309jss05 interior glass shattered.
                    On 3/29/10 I was warming bread and when the microwave finished (One minute) I opened the door …. I heard a pop and the glass shattered and poured through the vent.
                    I called midway appliances. Midway in turn told me to call kitchen aid direct because kitchen aid will listen to their customers more than they will to the dealer ship! I called the kitchen aid service number [protected]. A&e factory service came out. The tech name was jesse. Thier number is [protected]. I later deducted that this is a sub company servicing kitchenaid appliances. I thought they came out to assess the manufacturer defect on 3/30/10. I figured that microwave door glass should never shatter and it is common sense that this is a manufacturer defect. Of course the manufacturer would take care of it.
                    The appliance tech jesse from a&e factory services rudely informed us that the product is no longer under warrantee and that kitchenaid is not held responsible.

Worse the technician jesse said the repair would be $220 dollars. If I refused to repair the unit then his trip is 169 dollars. I told him that I did not agree to a trip fee. He said I was informed of this on the phone. I told him that I was not told of any trip fee because kitchenaid called him out. He said if I allowed him to repair it he would only collect $220.00 for the repair. I felt coerced into doing business with him and sent him packing.

He said it will be billed and it will go on my credit report!

• Cc
                        ccmchan Nov 28, 2012

Same thing happen to me. Gave me a bill of five hundred dollar to repair. Seem more like he wanted to replace every part my dryer. Of course not everything will be fix if you exchange every part. I am pretty sure he didn't have to exchange everything to repair it. I told him I do not want to repair it and gave me a bill of 129.00 for coming here. I called customer service and they told that I have to pay the "labor" cost. I told them them he didn't give me a price for coming here, they told me the technician gave me an estimate therefore my argument was fraud. Yeah, the ###ing technician did give me an estimate after coming here. Next time tell the customer that they will charge over 100 dollars to come and see the dryer regardless if they fix it or not.

A&E Factory Service — service nightmare

My Maytag washer went out, so i went to the Maytag website and schedule a service with A&E. Monday from 1pm...

A & E Factory Servicesamsung dishawasher

If you are fortunate enough to see this website before you buy a product serviced by a & e factory service, don't say you weren't warned. I can assure you as well that hh gregg and samsung don't care either. My dishwasher hasn't worked properly since it was installed in oct. 09. I will be consulting an attorney later this week about filing a lawsuit for breach of contract. What a disaster...

A&E Factory Serviceno show for appointment

Schedule for an appointment with A&E from 8am-12pm for my Whirlpool Cabrio dryer that is 6 months old and under warranty.

Took half the day off waiting at home in vain for them to come. Guy never show up, no call, nothing. When I call A&E at 12:15pm to check the appointment, the lady told me she can ask the guy to call me and see when he can get there. My appointment is from 8-12 hello! Since I need to get back to work I want to reschedule but the next available date is another week out. So I told the lady to cancel my appointment and I will call whirlpool for another repair partner.
                        Then she keeps telling me - you don't want to tech to come out today so that you don't have to wait another week and now you want to cancel?

I am not going to take another half day off for this warranty product!

Highly unprofessional service. They call you a day in advance to make sure you are home when they come but never think of others time. Lost my precious half day just like that.

Would not recommend A&E. Whirlpool need to make better product or have better partners.

A&E Factory Service — completely incompetant

The newly renovated home I purchased in September, 2009 came equipped with a brand-new Maytag side-by-side...

A&E Factory Servicemicrowave oven

The microwave oven was not heating. The magnetron was the suspected cause and was still under warranty through whirlpool. Whirlpool put me in contact with A&E Factory Service. The first visit by the technition was to diagnose the problem, and I was given the 8 hour time window. Of course the Tech showed up at the end of the window. He ordered the part and we re-scheduled for another day to install the part. I paid $75 for service fee.

The tech came on the scheduled day to do the work. He didn't know how to get the microwave off the wall above the range and spent about 45 minutes yanking and pulling trying to get the oven off the bracket, bending the framing and breaking the plastic grill cover. After a call to his supervisor he was told there is a release bar behind the grill that you pull and the oven comes free. After fixing the magnetron he then tells me to call the 800 number and they will send me a new plastic cover for the grill that he broke. I called the 800 number and they said that he already closed out the account and we must reschedule another day to do a damage estimate.

So I have no choice but to reschedule to fix the damage done by the Tech. I am given the 8 hour time window of which HE NEVER SHOWS UP. I spent the last half of the day trying to find out where he was and when he would be here. The customer service says they don't know where he is but should be here shortly. At the end of the day I get no calls from A&E so I call again and learn that he was running behind and couldn't make it so I need to reschedule again! At this point I am coming unglued. I spent the next day trying to get hold of a supervisor in the Denver area to sort this out. I find a local number to call and talk with the supervisors assistant. I give her the story and she says the supervisor will call me right back. Of course, he never calls me back.

A couple of days later I get the recoreded message from A&E asking me to call an 800 number and give my feedback for the service they performed. I called the number and left the details of my account to the recorded survey. I explained the entire situation to the recorder and left my telephone number several times just in case they wanted to call and make things right. I never heard from A&E Factory Service again.

I had to let it go because it was too upsetting to pursue and probably lost a few years of my life over the rise in my blood pressure dealing with this company.

Now six months later the microwave has stopped working again, but instead of seeing if A&E Factory Service has a parts and labor warranty, I will go out and buy a new microwave.

A&E Factory Service is the absolute worst company I have ever known to exist. Save your sanity and peace of mind and never have anything to do with them.

• Go
                              Golden,Colorado Feb 01, 2012

I too experienced the ### service from A E Factory for a Samsung washer that I had under warranty with Sears, and Samsung, since product was less than 1yr old.

The technician was an absolute idiot; by the end of the 50min visit he had given me two different stories as to what was wrong. Basically: guy stood around and turned my washer on/off, then tells me he's never heard of what I'm explaining to him, then tells me that the rattling noise I hear is normal and that nothing is wrong.

20mins after leaving my house calls me back to tell me a "senior" technician can come by in two days, gives me a 4hr time slot, then I get a call from an operator telling me the tech wont be coming.