ADT / cancelation of contract

1 Douglasville, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 770-630-9300

I canceled my contract with ADT in the reqiured 3 business day stated on the contract it also stated they would pick-up the equipement in 10 days after the cancelation date, which never happen, three weeks after the cancelation date a lawyer calls me and tell me am beingn sued for the equipement.

Comments

• Ho
      13th of May, 2008

Did you write down when you called them and time and who you spoke too?
    That would be info you wanted to keep and tell them back, ask them to come and pick it up like they said they would.

• Mi
      16th of Oct, 2009

ADT here in Douglas County, GA is HORRIBLE. Avoid them!. Our instaler was so bad that the system appeared to work fine but we had no signal going to the ADT monitoring station for months. We received no credit. Now, we have the system not working correctly again. The service tech was supposed to be here yesterday but no-showed. A day of pay is lost when one takes the day off to await ADT. They rescheduled for today and it isn't looking so good. ADT refused to give us any real credit. They offered to credit the last few days of down time at a buck a day. They are nasty to deal with and like to remind you that you are stuck in a contract with them until 2011...

• Mc
      21st of Feb, 2010

Full Disclosure: I'm a salesman for a subcontractor of ADT alarm systems.

Our installers/technicians come out in 1-2 hour time windows. you do NOT need to take entire day off. they are paid pretty well, so we make sure to verify you are home before sending them out. Answer your phone when ADT calls, so we know that it's ok to send out our service techs.

Sorry about the contract issues...maybe next time just BUY the equipment if you hate contracts that much. We can't afford to give you $1000 worth of stuff and just let you walk away after 2 months...bad business model.

• Ji
      22nd of Mar, 2012

Their $1000 alarm system costs them less than $99 from Chinese manufactures. That is why the sell it to YOU for $99 because they are not losing any money on it yet they claim they gave you a system valued at $1000! What BS!.