Acer Laptop / poor laptops

I bought an Acer laptop just to try to see how well it worked, i have had nothing but problems out of it, it got so hot it burned the serial numbers off, i called customers service because it was only a couple months old they told me to PAY for shipping (25 bucks) and ship it back to them, i got it back it didnt work, i had to PAY again for shipping, got it back again it worked for about a month and crashed, i had to PAY for shipping again, got it back and they had broke my charger, so they wanted me to pay for another by this time i was a little upset so they did finally send me a new one for free, when i got the charger they had installed all these programs on the computer, and BROKE the piece where the charger goes into, and it still gets so hot it will burn you. I had to go and buy another computer what a total WASTE!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ACER. They have had my laptop more than i have...

Comments

• Ho
      20th of Dec, 2009

The keyboard on my Acer laptop hasn't worked properly from the day I bought it. Per Acer's policies, I paid to ship it to them for repair. When it came back to me there was a note saying that there was nothing wrong with the laptop. Everyone who has ever tried to use this thing has the same problem with the keyboard - the right shift key doesn't work properly. Now the "x" key is failing. They want me to pay to ship it to them again! Why should I do that when there's no way I can be sure that they'll really fix it this time!?
    I have contacted the consumer advocate of a local television station about this and am awaiting a reply. I am also checking into the possibility of a class action lawsuit. As soon as I find people in a variety of geographic areas with similar complaints, I'll be contacting an attorney.

• De
      8th of May, 2011

I Bought the acer laptop model Aspire 5742-382G50Mnkk. Sr.No.LXR4F0C093048681B91601. I was bought my laptop on 22-02-2011 but after purchase my laptop i was realize that this is my big mistake because acer service center is so much poor nobody have manners how to talk to costumer. i purchase the dell laptop because the service is better. After the all trouble i call the acer call center(BPO). They people listen my problem and guarantee to rectify my problems.My First Problem is my laptop USB Port are disable. Some Time one of the USB Port is working coincidentally . Second is the keypad Keys lock of my laptop are break . Third is Process is slow and Some Time He Sound a Long beep. My laptop complaint Ref no. is 050711/501. please help me and solve my problem as soon as possible .
    Thank You.

• Bs
      16th of Jan, 2012

I too have had problems with my Acer' laptops keyboard since purchase. Keystrokes either do not take or are duplicated. Acer will not provide any service w/o sending it back at an exorbitant cost. Very poor customer service. Certainly does not bode well for them going forward as I will never purchase anything they make again as I am certain all those above will not either. One would think they would want good word of mouth reviews of their products abd customer cervice.