Having problems with Acer?

Acer reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 28, 2006. The latest review Customer services was posted on Jun 18, 2021. The latest complaint never recieved computer or my money was resolved on Sep 03, 2014. Acer has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 114 reviews. Acer has resolved 60 complaints.

Acer Customer Service Contacts

8800 700 2237 (Russia)
1800 116 677 (India)
1800 881 918 (Malaysia)
1800 895 6299 (Singapore)
1866 350 2237 (Mexico)
+1 866 695 2237 (USA and Canada)
+44 371 760 1000 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 036 5100 (Australia)
+64 800 223 769 (New Zealand)
+32 78 150 023 (Belgium)
+45 33 702 070 (Denmark)
+31 884 560 000 (Netherlands)
+351 808 300 011 (Portugal)
+41 848 745 745 (Switzerland)
+852 23 792 519 (Hong Kong)
+63 27 200 090 (Philippines)
+27 871 513 400 (South Africa)
+82 16 442 225 (South Korea)
+66 21 539 600 (Thailand)
+84 839 106 888 (Vietnam)
+54 800 444 1318 (Argentina)
1F, 88, Sec. 1, Xintai 5th Rd, Xizhi
New Taipei City, California
Taiwan - 221
333 W. San Carlos Street, Suite 1500, San Jose, CA 95110, USA

Canada
5600 Explorer Drive, Suite 201, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L4W 4Y1

United Kingdom
Acer House, Heathrow Boulevard III, 282 Bath Road, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 0DQ, England

Australia
Building G, Level 2, 350 Parramatta Rd, Homebush West, NSW 2140, Australia

New Zealand
Suite 2, Ground Floor, Building A, Millenium Phase II, 600 Great South Road, Ellerslie, Auckland 1051, New Zealand

Austria

Moosmattstrasse 30, 8953 Dietikon, Switzerland

Turkey
Veko Giz Plaza, Meydan Sokak № 20, Daire: 27-28 34396, Maslak-Istanbul, Turkey

China
6F Building 1, THE HUB, № 818 ShenChang Road, Min Hang District, Shanghai 201106, P.R. China

Hong Kong
Unit 2301-02 & 08, Level 23, Tower 1, Millennium City 1, 388 Kwun Tong Rd, Kowloon, Hong Kong

India
Embassy Heights, 6th Floor, № 13 Magrath Rd, (Next to Hosmat Hospital)
Bangalore 560025, India

Malaysia

Philippines
1172-1180 Pres. Quirino Ave., Extension, Paco, Manila, Philippines

Singapore
29 International Business Park, № 01-01 Acer Building, Tower A, Singapore 609923

South Africa
The District, 8 Kikuyu Rd, Sunninghill, 2191 Gauteng, Johannesburg, South Africa

South Korea
№ 603 6F Chung-Jin B/D 53-5, Wonhyoro 3-ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea

Thailand
493/7-8 Nanglinchi Rd., Chong Nonsi, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120, Thailand

UAE & Middle East
P.O. Box 16951, Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, UAE

Vietnam
5th Floor, Rosana Building, 60 Nguyen Dinh Chieu St., Da Kao Ward, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Brazil
Rua Flórida, 1758, 4º andar, São Paulo, SP 04565-001, Cidade Monções, Brasil

Latin America
3750 N.W. 87th Ave., Suite 640, Doral, FL 33178, USA

Mexico
Avenida Ejército Nacional № 579, Piso 1, Col. Granada, 11520 México, D.F.

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Acer Customer Service. Initial Acer complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Acer above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Acer. Discuss the issues you have had with Acer and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Acer Complaints & Reviews

Acer Aspire ES1-511-C0DV-USflimsy screen, useless warranty

Less than 6 weeks after I bought this Acer laptop, the LCD broke for no apparent reason. Acer automatically refuses to honor the warranty because it is a screen issue. Apparently the screen is exceedingly fragile and cannot handle normal use. They lost a loyal customer on this one.

Acer Computernever recieved computer or my money

I paid for an Acer computer my 12 year old daughter on august 4, 2014 and the seller stated that the computer was broke and he said that he will me my money back and he never and i being trying to find out who do i get in contact with for my money and i been trying to find out information about the seller and bonanza. Can anyone help me with that please and thank you.

Acer Aspire E1-531-2438piece of s* computer

I purchased this computer less than a year ago. I have had nothing but problems with it. My screen suddenly disappears, pop-ups are so numerous, sometimes I cannot finish even a letter. For those of us who are writers, you must maintain your line of thought. How can we with so many pop ups? Even ones from Acer. I don't know if I can finish this complaint as my screen keeps disappearing. This computer freezes up very frequently. If I'm ordering something on line, it will freeze up with all my credit card information for the world to see.
      I hope Amazon will exchange this piece of ###. I can't tell you how much I hate this computer.

Acer Laptop Aspire V5problems and poor service

I bought an Acer laptop with touch screen. Before buying I checked reviews and found them to be poor. But not being smart I went and bought one at Costco assuming that with so many bad reviews they might have learnt something - Big Mistake.
        It is a nice looking laptop with touch screen. After a short time I found out that the space bar is only partially responsive, but I got used to it.
        After 4 month the touch screen became half black. I sent it to service got it back and found out that there is no touch screen anymore. Spent an hour with a tech support online that concluded by offering me to ship it for another 10 days for repair. What do they think that people buy laptops because they dont need them? in the return document it said "Replaced LCD and tested" if someone tested it even for 15 seconds he could see that the screen is touch screen.
        I requested better solution but was denied. Now I have a laptop that I paid for touch screen but I don't have touch screen. I am waiting for the next problem and than I will just get rid of it and go back to another brand.

chente520 May 22, 2014

The worst laptop I have ever owned!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! SLOW SLOW SLOW !!! Customer Service is terrible!! Regret buying this piece of crap!!

Acercomputer

Thinking buying an ACER computer? DON’T!

If you are going to throw money away, throw it my way. I made the mistake of buying an ACER Aspire 722 Netbook and within 3-4 months, the case split and a piece fell out. Not only that but the keys stick, it’s slow even with 2 gb RAM and the touch pad has a mind of it’s own. Some programs I get a flickering line that doesn’t go away.

ACER will not back their warranty. When I called customer service, I got some east Indain guy that does his best to void your warranty starting with the case is not covered under warranty. Then he wants you to mail in your computer (at your expense) while they evaluate it for CID (customer induced damage) to void your warranty, but the excuses are endless.

I took it to a local repair shop and they said they would have to remove the screen and take the case apart which would void my warranty and recommended I contact ACER, which I did. I ended up contacting a corporate office in Texas and was given an email address of [protected]@tx.acer.com where I addressed my issues with ACER.

Not only did I get no response, when I emailed again, my mail was returned. They will make it impossible for you to have them honor their warranty. They will make you jump thru every hoop imaginable to not honor their product. My computer guys also said that ACER was their #1 for repairs.

Another friend of mine had endless problems with her ACER also.

Searching for ACER complaints, at this site 94% rated it horrible out of 418 reviews.

This site has 3 page of complaints and about 60 reviews, all bad.

At this site there 27 more complaints cost the consumers over $5200

At this site there are 462 bad reviews out of 501 reviews or 92% bad reviews.

At this site there are 10 terrible reviews

This site has 71 complaints and most are about quality, repair and customer service

This site has a long list of complaints

This blog had 34 bad reviews

This complaint, ACER refused delivery for service
          /link removed/

This Better Business Bureau in Temple Texas had 963 complaints of which 136 were complaints of warranty and 80 about ser vice. And this only one of thousands of BBB’s.

This site is a PERFECT example of the BS you will get trying to get your ACER warranty/service

This website’s survey rated ACER as the WORST

So my friends, if you are going to throw your money away, don’t throw it at ACER. Now t’s time to post this letter at each of those websites (including ACERS) and I will do this every year.

Karl [protected]@hotmail.com

computer
          computer

• Ic
              i cnot see movies Sep 29, 2011

the screen sowing tow line

• Fo
              for Jan 25, 2010

A few months ago I was planning to get a notebook so I bought one. I am happy I did not keep it. The only good thing with it was the price around $200.00 to $300.00 and it came with a bundle. Beside that though its not worth the money. A notebook, laptop, Decktop is something you keep for years and years to come. Its better to get one worth for the money.

Acer IC 5616defective product

I had placed an order for ACER IC 5601 on 21st June 2012, order no.[protected]. The product was supposed to be preloaded with Linux OS. However when received the product it didn't had an OS at all. The security seal was broken. On contacting the online store I was asked to contact the manufacturer i.e. Acer.
            After exchange of several e-mails with Mr. Sourabh Srivastava sourabh.[protected]@homeshop18.com, I received a email today on 26 July 2012, "This E-mail ID has been permanently deleted from our database . For any Product or
            Order related query please feel to write to [protected]@homeshop18.com. We will be more than happy to help you. Team HS 18."

However the issue is yet to be resolved. The product is still lying unused...

Acer Laptoplaptop

Acer has some of the worst computers I have ever seen. Mine broke after less than 5 months of use. The store we bought it from began fixing it, because it was under warranty. They found out the hard drive was completely destroyed. They did fix it, however Acer then demanded that we ship the laptop down to Texas so they could look at it. Texas! Why waste all of that time, it has now been over three weeks and I have still not gotten the laptop back. It is terrible service like this that makes me hate a company for life. I will be telling everyone I know to NEVER buy an ACER computer.

• Ka
                  Kat1965 Apr 01, 2013

Laptop keyboard failed after 3 months for about $500. Company refused free repair claiming that they see an evidence of moister and asked $200 for repair. It is impossible - laptop never was exposed to any moister. Acer is not an honest company.

• Pa
                  Paul Dubois Jan 13, 2010

I have had this problem before. My battery is only holding up to 88% charge. It it not getting full charge. they have tried to fix it once and then it still was not getting full charge so I took it in and they switched it with another and it got full charge and now it is doing the same thing and it is making me very upset. What can I do? Please help. Thank you very much.

• Sh
                  Sheeyah Jul 03, 2009

You'd have to provide a lot more information to solve that problem. However, this is not the proper place for this discussion. You can find other websites that will be of much more help.

• Vi
                  visheshta Jul 03, 2009

My DVD/RW is not working so the can not display the my computer icon so the driver is uninstall . My laptop sell man can't give the driver CD so i can not install the driver .
                  but in the net there are so many driver is i an not under stand tha wich driver is uninstall . plese help us .
                  my OS is vista so i will thank full you .

Acer Directfaulty keyboard

On March 23rd I received a refurbished computer system from Acer Direct. The keyboard did not work so I phoned the company immediately. Over the next six weeks I phoned regularly and had a series of emails with a company representative. Result Nothing.
                In despair I bought a keyboard locally but continued to ring Acer Direct. Fifteen days ago I was promised re-embursement in 5-7 days. On phoning today I have been told they have no record of most of my calls. I have spent more on calls that the keyboard costs and refused to 'hold' for the third time. I left my number and was promised a call back by a supervisor. No call back!
                Eight weeks fruitless communication.cost/bother with absolutely no result. I will not let this drop.
                Any advice? Mike Hoy [protected]@hotmail.co.uk28372

Acer Computerdefective screen, acer not backing up warranty

I purchased a laptop about 3 months ago and it worked fine until the screen started flickering and i was smelling a burning smell, well finally on april 12, 2012 it burned out completely, I contacted Acer Customer Service and was Told the screen had burned out and it was covered under Warranty, the Rep then proceeded to set it up for repair and gave me packaging instructions and told me to print off the return label to return the laptop.I did as instructed, I packaged it up and instructed and returned the laptop to acer using the Return label i printed off. Well They called me on April 18, 2012 and told me the screen was cracked, that is a lie, it wasn't cracked when i sent it to them, i told them as much and told them i wasn't repsonsible for the screen being cracked, I packed it according to as i was instructed to do and sent it to them. I have been in a bitter battle with them since! They have twisted my words and added things to the conversations i have had with them on the phone, I have been working with the BBB on this issue and it still isn't helping, i am not witts end! They do now want to honor their warranty, they make up things to get out of the warranty! I don't believe the screen was cracked, if it is probably by their hands! I have never ever deal with with such a evil, manipulative company! I do not see how they stay in business! Since I have been doing research on them, they have thousands of customers who are unhappy too and a majority of it is for the same reason: NOT HONORING THEIR WARRANTIES! I have noticed others have said the samethings I have dealt with, Acer twisting conversations etc. I would have never believed it had I not had to deal with them! I have no where else to turn! I have filed a complaint with my states attorney Generals office, I hope in some way that will help! I have nothing else to do! Acer has been holding my computer as well, i was told it was going to be shipped on April 23, 2012, and it hasn't I found out through the BBB that they haven't shipped it yet, They are claiming I agreed to a repair charge, which i didn't and that is why they are holding it. I demanded they ship it back to me immediately if they aren't going to honor their word and fix it like i was told in the begining! Please someone help!!!

Acer Computerunscrupulous behavior

I have 3 acer computer and television by acer. My computer fail to work, it keep rebooting, I paid $149.99 to have my computer worked on, after being on line for 13 hour with countless amount of hang up and hold on with any assistance I decided this company was fraudulent and requested that my money be returned. I was told my money cannot be returned because I gave consent, I also gave consent to have my computer worked on but it was not, instead I spend 13 or so hours waiting, being hanged up on, redialing and waiting again. Please refund my money as I will not need your service, I have no faith in this company and refuses to do business with acer company.

• Ac
                        AcerBlows Mar 13, 2012

After a in-store return policy is up, you are stuck with Acer. They will not...under any circumstances, ever give a refund. If it's still under warranty they will offer to repair it ( how you can repair something beyond repair i'm not sure) but you will be stuck with shipping costs that would be better spent on a new device. Never buy anything from Acer.

Acer Aspire Tmelinex Laptopbill s/n is different from product-warranty void

Dear Sir/Madam,
                      I brought an acer aspire timelinex laptop from Chroma, Marathahali, Bangalore on 10-DEC-2011. The problem is they billed the laptop with the S/N: LXRHJ0209313112CFF1601 mentioned in the cover of the laptop. But when I checked the laptop backside after I returned to home I found the S/N: LXRHJ020931210AB7E1601 which is different from the packing.
                      Again both the serial numbers are registered already even if I tried to register both on the acer website. So they might sold some old used product for which I can't recover the 1year warranty period of the laptop form the acer service center. After one day only after buying the laptops sound device is not working, so I need the exact bill to recover warranty.But people at croma refused to provide me the exact bill and they also refused to replace the product.
                      So please suggest me how to file a cheating case against :
                      Croma-Maathahali,
                      Bangalore-560034
                      TIN : [protected] wef 05.11.07
                      CST : [protected] wef 05.11.07
                      Also please guide me, what I can do here to get the product replaced or getting the proper bill for the product. Thanks!
                      Kind regards,
                      Biswojit Kar

• Ac
                          AcerBlows Mar 13, 2012

In my opinion you're S/N is useless anyway. Other then maybe theft, but that can be documented with your insurance. Seeing that it's a Acer...i highly doubt anyone would steal it. Certainly not a smart thief.
                          Acer will not give you any support or accept any responsibility for their failed products regardless of your S/N.
                          I hate to disappoint you, but it's meaningless.

Acer Aspire 5750I had a problem with acer

Acer the worst laptop i had with me since a month.. there is no problem while opening it..but while closing the laptop there is a one inch gap and the 2 ends are not touching..it is an internal problem..acer service center also not responding to the problem..damm acer

Acer Gamezoneno cancellation/ so bad!

Awful, awful service. Want to cancel a membership, where they take 7 pounds a month from my account when I signed up for a 2 month contract. Scam, complete fraud and steals people's money. No customer service line, been on the phone to over 25 people today in england, and have spent over £40 in telephone calls to new york to cancel a membership... Which still has not been cancelled. Will be in touch with my card company to block them from stealing any more money out of my account.

Acer Aspire 1810TZunreliable acer aspire 1810tz

My sister and myself received the Acer 1810TZ for Christmas last year. Within 3 months my sister's machine broke down and had to be returned to factory for repairs - she was left without PC for several weeks. My Acer 1810TZ broke down 14 months after purchase. In both cases impossible to start the PC, no power light even connected to the mains. My other PCs (Toshiba, HP and Dell) have all lasted a minimum of 3 years before the first problem, usually the battery or power supply. The customer service would not do anything about and wanted to charge 55 pounds just to inspect the machine and provide a repair quote. They did not offer any flexibility whatsover. I will never buy Acer again.

Acer All-in-One Aspire Z5710a very bad experience with acer malaysia and their dealer

On 20 jan 2011, I bought an all-in-one aspire z5710 at style vision (melaka) sdn bhd (jusco) in malacca for rm 2 699.

At first, I was told by the salesperson from the retail shop mentioned above that my pc is given 1 year international warranty which I can seek for technical support / service in singapore if my pc is having problems. And I decided to purchase the item from them since the warranty is covered internationally.

To make sure, I even double confirmed with them if I am really entitled for that international warranty as I am a malaysian currently working in singapore before I made my payment. Their answer is 'yes' as long as I am a malaysian. Problems started to occur after a few days. My pc started to hang for the first time and this happened continuously for a couple days. I tried to restart the system immediately but there were no response. And every time when this happened, the system can only restart the next day. I thought it is just a very small problem, therefore I proceed to do a basic recovery, hopefully the system will be fine after that. I continued using the pc as usual. Unfortunately, I started to encounter more problems. I tried to email acer in malaysia regarding the problems. And hope that acer can help me to resolve it. But there were no response at all. I proceed to write another email to acer in singapore, the customer service here is kind to help. They gave us few instructions and suggested me to re-install nvidia driver. After re-installing the new driver, the system could not connect to my wireless network and I got the message 'the default gateway is not available'.in the end, the system couldn't even start up. The only way is to send my pc to acer service centre in singapore on 19 feb 2011. And I was told by one of the technicians that the pc is not covered by international warranty since I bought it from malaysia. Certain amount will be charged accordingly. Once again, I called the retailer in malaysia. At first they still insisted that my pc is covered by international warranty.in the end, the retailer told me otherwise and asked me to send the pc to jb for service without any apology.

I tried to call the person-in-charge of the retail shop. But he did not even bother to speak to me. This is really disappointing. I demand a full refund from that retail shop for being misled on the coverage of warranty and hope that acer will help to resolve the problem. Therefore, I wrote another email to acer malaysia hq, marcom department.

The person from marcom did not reply me until I sent in another email the next day afternoon. I had no other alternative but to call him directly. They said they were still working on it.

The person-in-charge from acer melaka raya branch, mr. Keh, told me that the salesperson from jusco will give me a call. But this did not happen.in the end, I tried to call the salesperson again. But the salesperson from jusco did not even bother to settle the problem with me. I tried to call the mr. Keh again. But it seems that they have no intention to settle the problem for me. I was utterly upset! Is this how a big company like acer handles things?

What is making me more upset is that mr. Keh kept saying that their dealer has more than 10 years experience and the salesperson knows very well that the pc is not covered by international warranty. Is this how they handle things? Are they trying to say I am cheating them? A very simple question, if I know that the warranty is not covered in signapore, I would rather purchase it in singapore. Until now, the problems still remain unresolved...

Acer Aspire 4741Gsound quality is terrible

I bough a lap top last month acer aspire 4741g
                                The sound quaity is terrible it has a squeaky voice
                                And all sounds are like a recording being played
                                So please music movies lovers and multimedia users
                                Avoid this brand

sandu36 Jan 04, 2014

the fan design is so bad.
                                    I think some issue is there on the fan design.
                                    It sounds noisy.

• Li
                                    Lil1973 May 06, 2012

sound is absolutely atrocious. cooling system is too. Battery life is on average 1 hour with all power savers on too. Very disappointed.

• Ar
                                    Arun K86 Mar 26, 2012

Yes, that's right. I was in very hurry to buy laptop and could not check for various options. I will suggest not to buy this laptop. Major problems i'm facing are 1. Poor sound quality. 2. Very less battery backup (not even 1 hour). 3. Becomes hot, fan and cooling system is not good.

One best thing is its display is very good. Good picture quality.

• Ki
                                    KiwiEV Jul 18, 2011

Absolutely! I was searching Google for the exact same thing. Whether I use the built-in microphone, or my quality directional microphone, I get an ultra-low bitrate warbled recording. I've tried two programs now. VERY disappointed. I need this laptop for voiceover recording! Acer, this is unacceptable!

Acer Aspire 9410 laptopunable to get power to laptop

My acer aspire 9410 laptop was just what I was looking for until the part that receives the power cord came unsoldered from the motherboard during the first year that I owned it. Acer happily repaired the part by resoldering it. (too late to be covered, I realized that my cd portion of the laptop did not work after the repair!) well, now, the resoldering job has come unsoldered once again. I am really upset that once again I am totally unable to use my laptop because I can not get power to it! Any ideas? Anyone else having similar issues? Help!! Cannot afford to buy another laptop, but really need this one to work. Susan1

Acer Aspire 1410hard drive

I purchased my acer aspire 1410 with 11"screen 2gb ram and 250 hd in april 2010. By aug 2010, the hard drive crashed and I tried to recover the system using the"recovery"dvds that were produced on the startup. From that point on, the system would not recover and I tried to get a repair ticket through the online support. I could not get any response because according to acer, I did not register my laptop.in fact I did that is why I have an email from them saying"welcome to the acer family, you have successfully registered your product". I have tried calling and looking for an email contact but cannot find one. When I was able to successfully logon because of the email trail from when I registered my product, it said my warranty is over on 09/01/2010. How can a 1 year warranty end when it was purchased in april? This is such a shoddy product, I hope many people read this and avoid purchasing any acer or its variants ever!!!

Aceracer complaint for notebook computer

Acer complaint
                                      I had faced problem in getting service for my acer notebook. There was lot of delay in getting service. Under desperate situation I contacted acer call center acer service center but could not get proper response or commitment. The delay was badly affecting my work. After lot of internet search, I could get email id of the chief customer officer ([protected]@acer.co.in). After writing to sudipto ghosh, I got revert from one of staff named sudhin dev ([protected]@acer.co.in). Thereafter my long pending problem was resolved with sped and accuracy. I also found some of the email ids - like [protected]@acer.co.in, [protected]@acer.co.in, [protected]@acer.co.in, [protected]@acer.co.in, (I think nro stands for north region, wro for west region, sro for south region and ero for east region).

I got these acer mail ids after spending lot of time in searching and browsing. Wanted to share with you, so that you do not face the agony and delay that I went through.

acer aspire one computer companycrooks that won, t help you

Every time you try to contact acer computer company you get no where! They pass the buck on even the simple things like a key replacement and want to sell you a hole computer or key board! They never pick up the phone! All you get is recored bull #! This company wants to take your money then say good by and don, t come back and if you do bring a 150 dollors to fix any thing! Is what they told me and did not even wait for me to tell them the hole problem too start with. Just washed me out like I was in a drain some place! Why are they so mean for? You pay there wages and make them rich and when you ask for a little thing they get all pissed off??? Why are they doing this??? All I wanted was a key for the pg dn end button or bracket? A little thing that would not kill them or make there ceo, s go bankrupet! Greed. God I hope you remember them on there day before you! Why do companys do such things??? I just can, t get it? Why do they want to stip on every ones head? A simple little plastic holder to hold a key on the key board? And thhey wanted me too send it in and replace evry thing and for 150 dollors? It, s twoo years old and still runs like a dream. When it comes to next time to buy a computer. Please read this and know what there really like, ok croooooooks!!! Lier, s!!! All I need was a little holder and it come down to this! I, ll use it till it, s time I think to throw it away and I mean throw it away in peases and never buy from the #, s at acer computer store ever again. So help me god. There # holes! From mr. Wesley l. Alley sr. And I don, t care what you think or your # hole lawyers!!