Having problems with Acer?

8800 700 2237 (Russia)
1800 116 677 (India)
1800 881 918 (Malaysia)
1800 895 6299 (Singapore)
1866 350 2237 (Mexico)
+1 866 695 2237 (USA and Canada)
+44 371 760 1000 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 036 5100 (Australia)
+64 800 223 769 (New Zealand)
+32 78 150 023 (Belgium)
+45 33 702 070 (Denmark)
+31 884 560 000 (Netherlands)
+351 808 300 011 (Portugal)
+41 848 745 745 (Switzerland)
+852 23 792 519 (Hong Kong)
+63 27 200 090 (Philippines)
+27 871 513 400 (South Africa)
+82 16 442 225 (South Korea)
+66 21 539 600 (Thailand)
+84 839 106 888 (Vietnam)
+54 800 444 1318 (Argentina)
1F, 88, Sec. 1, Xintai 5th Rd, Xizhi
New Taipei City, California
Taiwan - 221
333 W. San Carlos Street, Suite 1500, San Jose, CA 95110, USA

Canada
5600 Explorer Drive, Suite 201, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L4W 4Y1

United Kingdom
Acer House, Heathrow Boulevard III, 282 Bath Road, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 0DQ, England

Australia
Building G, Level 2, 350 Parramatta Rd, Homebush West, NSW 2140, Australia

New Zealand
Suite 2, Ground Floor, Building A, Millenium Phase II, 600 Great South Road, Ellerslie, Auckland 1051, New Zealand

Austria

Moosmattstrasse 30, 8953 Dietikon, Switzerland

Turkey
Veko Giz Plaza, Meydan Sokak № 20, Daire: 27-28 34396, Maslak-Istanbul, Turkey

China
6F Building 1, THE HUB, № 818 ShenChang Road, Min Hang District, Shanghai 201106, P.R. China

Hong Kong
Unit 2301-02 & 08, Level 23, Tower 1, Millennium City 1, 388 Kwun Tong Rd, Kowloon, Hong Kong

India
Embassy Heights, 6th Floor, № 13 Magrath Rd, (Next to Hosmat Hospital)
Bangalore 560025, India

Malaysia

Philippines
1172-1180 Pres. Quirino Ave., Extension, Paco, Manila, Philippines

Singapore
29 International Business Park, № 01-01 Acer Building, Tower A, Singapore 609923

South Africa
The District, 8 Kikuyu Rd, Sunninghill, 2191 Gauteng, Johannesburg, South Africa

South Korea
№ 603 6F Chung-Jin B/D 53-5, Wonhyoro 3-ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea

Thailand
493/7-8 Nanglinchi Rd., Chong Nonsi, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120, Thailand

UAE & Middle East
P.O. Box 16951, Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, UAE

Vietnam
5th Floor, Rosana Building, 60 Nguyen Dinh Chieu St., Da Kao Ward, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Brazil
Rua Flórida, 1758, 4º andar, São Paulo, SP 04565-001, Cidade Monções, Brasil

Latin America
3750 N.W. 87th Ave., Suite 640, Doral, FL 33178, USA

Mexico
Avenida Ejército Nacional № 579, Piso 1, Col. Granada, 11520 México, D.F.

Complaints & Reviews

faulty screen

This is more of a "this is how it should be handled" than a complaint really.
I purchased a brand new Acer laptop from this website, having used them once before with no problem. On arrival, I unpacked the machine and did all the stuff I'm supposed to do, but the screen kept flickering. I reinstalled drivers, I reloaded Windows, I called tech support.
Tech Support kept me trying stuff for about 40 minutes, and I was getting a bit frustrated. Eventually, they agreed that the machine was faulty and said;
"We'll organise a replacement, can you put your machine and all the contents back in the box ready for collection. When the driver turns up, he'll give you a new machine and take your old one away. We cannot promise a time for delivery, but it should be tomorrow". Bearing in mind that this was after 6pm, I really didn't believe it would be next day.

To my absolute astonishment, the driver from a courier company turned up next afternoon at 5.40, with a much better spec laptop than the one he was taking away. Same basic machine but with a better processor, more memory, bigger hard drive. Worth about £250 more than the one I had bought. The reason they gave was that there were no more exactly like mine in the warehouse and it would take almost a week before any more came in. They never asked me, but I was quite happy. No more hassles, no more problems, no extra charges. I was left feeling pretty satisfied overall, and quite impressed with the way they handled it.

This is not my way of advertising some business venture, or saying these people are perfect. I'm just telling you what happened to me. What you make of it is up to you.

cracked cover at hinge

I purchased an Acer Aspire with an extended warranty. The case has recently cracked where the hinge is. The company says the warranty doesn't cover accidents. This was not caused by an accident, but from opening and closing the computer. It probably would have cracked sooner, but I rarely ever used the laptop ( I worked from my desktop) until recently. I went online to find a repair shop and found that this is a common problem with Acer (cracking at the hinge). The company also says that they do not cover manufacturer's defects. I have written to all kinds of consumer advocacy to help with this problem. My warranty expires in June of 2009. I just want the computer repaired.

• Ge
    george atalla Dec 22, 2008

I have a laptop Acer 9410 and the hinges are cracked. I called Acer and they refuse to get it repaired because the warranty has expired even though it’s a common problem. Other customers have repaired it for free but Acer said that it is going to cost me 449$ for the repairs. My laptop cost me 700$
    I thing Acer they are not doing a good job and they are not honouring there product.
    Please give me suggestions
    Thanks

• Ha
    Harsha Mar 09, 2009

Even I am facing the same problem, I bought Acer Asire series, The hinge broke soon after 15 months and thats the quality of materials they use. When I approached the service center they asked me to pay 8000 rs towards the replacement of the hinge. Even my DVD ROM stopped functioning from the 13th month. for both to get repaired I will have to spend atleast 10-12K, if i invest 5 k more i will get a new laptop. BUt my concern is i bought this low quality laptop paying 45000RS. I did not wanted to pay or not in a position to shell out all mty earnings on this laptop. Please suggest me with the remedy.

• Wa
    waqarswed Jun 23, 2010

same thing happened to me, it cracked just after 8 months and they said it was due to accident which is not true at all because 2 of my univ fellows bought the same model and they faced the same problem, i hate acer to the core now.
    plz if u guys know how to fix this problem let me know, i have not closed the laptop for more than 6 months now :(

awful experience

I own around 10 laptops for my business of various makes and have used various makes of laptops over the years such as Hp, fujitsu, Asus, compaq, dell and going back to the IBM thinkpads many years ago and i have not had many problems with any of them. This is the first and LAST ACER, I have to say this is the poorest quality one i have ever had in the 10 or so years i have owned laptops it feels cheap, looks cheap and yes it was cheap lesson learned i will spend a few more quid next time. It developed a fault with the screen after only 4 months the screen developed lines down it, its hardly used this one because its quite slow. Phoned ACER first question they asked was had i paid for extra warranty when i told them no they informed me it was down to it being dropped or something being put on top of it or i must have left a pen on the keyboard, which is not what happened the lines just appeared as someone was working on it and got worse. They said i could send it back and they would charge me £41 to collect it and around £200 to repair it the thing only cost me £250. If you want cheap and cheerful then this is the one. But when it fails beware of the warranty it is not worth anything and the customer service staff are extremely arrogant. Out of all the laptops i have had and used ASUS are the best my current one A6000 i have had for nearly 2 years its traveled all over the world with me, had a problem with the keyboard recently, they came collected and i had it back within 5 days thats what you call service.

• Ro
    rod lewis 2009 Jul 06, 2009

my accer is being attcacked by hp and microsoft reducing the vista register.
    from home premium to home basic.
    they use the same system the Seattle police department uses for there cars it's listed in you browser as hp setup and microsoft uses the ultimate download that does not star effect until your computer restarts the next day. they eat like a digitial cookie monster, and may have destroyed many laptop computers, including mac's the usa should provide protection for consumers against the mad men at microsoft.
    rod lewis 2009

• Ju
    JulieHolton Aug 24, 2009

I bought an acer aspire less then 6 months ago, the battery started getting hot and i would have to shut it down so it would cool. The battery would get hot within 2 hours of turning it on, and never would show 100% charged. While using it one day I started smelling burning wire smell and immediatly shut it down, when I picked it up it shocked my left hand, thats when I noticed that the plastic cover on the battery was cracked on the left side. When I turned it on the next day my screen was a split screen, a computer tech I know told me the crack was from the battery over heating and that I had a bad battery, the split screen was also caused by the battery over heating, he said the left side is where the graphics card is located. This person is also an acer dealer, he said my warranty should cover it. I tried to go online to acers online service, and the web site does not work, I called the service line, only to be told it was my fault the battery was bad, and I would have to pay $190.00 to fix it, the warranty does not cover damages that are my fault. This jerk told me I over charged the battery, bull crap, I never charged it for more then 8 hrs. Acer company is crooked, I guess you get what you pay for.

• St
    Stacie37 Nov 09, 2009

I hate my Acer Aspire laptop and their customer service is crappy when is there is some. My computer stopped working about 7 months after I bought it, and have been fighting with them ever since to fix. I bought my piece of ### from Best Buy and all they keep telling me is that they can do nothing for me until the warranty is up on this piece of ### computer before their extra warranty that I bought from them will kick in. So now my laptop is being returned to me from Acer because of all the hasle I told them to send it back to me, so now Best Buy can deal with it, and they had better do something for me.

• Ne
    nemesis101 Mar 12, 2010

This computer, despite gentle use, split across the left hand hinge... This caused the screen to torque, so that it now appears white... I was horrified to find, when I googled for a solution, that very very many people have experienced the identical problem. Why has Acer not recalled these machines or at least offered some assistance?

They even have the unmitigated gall to CHARGE 60 dollars just to report the problem to them. They suggested I could have used a web enabled chat system (India most likely!) but how, when the damned screen is blank one wonders???

Please, will some legal eagle contemplate a class action - there seem to be hundreds of victims of this company's shoddy manufacturing?

Anup.A Sep 13, 2010

I bought Acer Aspire 4520 2years back. In between I faced many problems. It hangs up during the boot up screen, when i gave it to the service centre, they charged me Rs.3000 and said that they have changed graphic card and they told that it is temprory solution and will not last for a long time. Hinges of this laptop is also very weak, it got broke up recently

• To
    Tom Lovejoy May 18, 2011

I purchased an Acer Aspire M5201 desktop and used it for a bit over a year and had hard drive failure out of warranty. Contacted Acer tech support once new hard drive installed because restore disks were Vista 32 bit and the system came with Vista 64 bit installed to access all the memory. Explained to them that system came with 64 bit per-installed which they said could not be (my receipt shows 64 bit), they escalated to level 2 and they said I need to buy the 64 bit disks! ACER IS A RIPOFF! Buy from a reputable company that backs their product.

• Jw
    jwcragun Sep 28, 2012

i went to your store at 5051 east bonanza andbought my wife a nootbook acer aspire
    for our 27th annavirsy be for i could give it to her a had a hartattack and forgot about it till july i then took my wife out for dinner and gave her the nootbook i bought for $469.99 she was so happy becase she nad been wanting one for a long time we turned it on i told her we would make thr recovery disks first then she could start useing it but it came up wanting a pass word to contunewe never could get past that point took it back to your kamart store lust wanted to exchange it fir one that had not been used before and i even to pay extra for a better one if thay did not have the same one instock i was told i was 1 day over the 30 day exchange so thay would not make it right thay did not care i had been in the hospital fighting for my life and told me it was my problem now and get out of there store i will not ever shop at kmart or sears ever agine un less this is taken care of myname is jerry cragun can be reched at 702-419-3224 and i am in the market for a secend 40 inch tv like the one i got at the same time i got the notebook now i gess i will have to buy at wall mart for now on and i will tell all my friends how your store scrowed me over an dnot to shop at your stores becase the customer dose not come first i fell that your coustumer service sucks

bad products/service

In mid-August of 2007 I purchased an Acer laptop from Circuit City in Wayne, NJ. The laptop came with a 1...

cashback scam

Cashback SCAM I entered the following on and Acer feedback form. Who knows if they care. But, let it be a...

don't buy from acer

This is my complaint I sent into Acer about my laptop. My laptop was an Acer Aspire 9410. "This isn't much of a question, more of a complaint about my Acer. I bought my laptop a couple years ago, maybe less, for a little over $1000. I expected to get a topnotch laptop for that price, and all it has done is break down on me time and time again. While I still had my laptop under warranty I had to get the battery plug-in fixed and the mouse fixed. Now that it is not under warranty anymore it seems my laptop has crapped the bed. The first thing that went wrong was the battery. It does not work at all and if I were to unplug it for more then 5 minutes, the laptop would shut off and I would need to reboot it. Then the screen also doesn't work as it seems one of the pegs in the laptop hinge opened up so now the screen doesn't work and it makes it very difficult to close. Also the plug-in for the charger is now having problems, yet again. Also the mouse is having problems clicking yet again. So now I have a pile of junk laptop that doesn't work at all, and now I am told my laptop is out of warranty and would need to pay upwards of $400. A laptop should not just break down that easily from general use. I was just me opening it and then closing it once a day, nothing excessive. I am very disappointed with Acer and if I am to be buying another laptop it will definitely not be from Acer again."

• Db
    dboone11 Mar 24, 2009

I have the exact same laptop my right hinge is broken and the left one is starting to give out. I too have had to replace the battery plug-in and half the time my mouse doesn't work with the scroll feature. These computers are a piece of crap.

• Af
    Afrodaesia Aug 18, 2009

Hi, I have an Acer and I'm happy with it, because I did a lot of research before buying a laptop. It's true, there are a few things that did not work exactly as they advertise:
    -the battery only lasts for 45 minutes(I have this laptop since March 2008)
    -when the battery is almost empty, before I have the chance to plug it, I see a black screen for a couple of seconds, then the image is restored, but somehow my internet connection isn't working and I have to restart the computer
    -after only an hour of use, the laptop get extremely hot, although I use an external cooler(a support with 3 coolers)

Overall, I'm happy with it, because...what laptop works perfect?!?I haven't seen any to work smooth, so far! I chose this particular company in spite of Dell, because I love the shape of the laptop, the good quality of the monitor and the proprietary software they provide!

• Ya
    yap ching wee Dec 22, 2009

I also bought a new acer laptop on sunday and when I call the Technical Support and I told him the problem of the driver which he told me to locate a BIO file and I follow his instruction by key in BIO for search.

After 5 to 6 time of trying I still can't locate the BIO file, so I decide to look at the file in "C' drive-Program and finally located the file. To my surprise, he told me that you can't locate the file like this and you must use the windows start button and to the program folder and scold me not following his instruction. I told him windows start button is just a shortcut to the file. You still can access the file from "C' drive and I wanted to speak to your supervisior. He slammed the phone down on me and I call back, but nobody is picking up the call anymore. The company are highly unprofessional and this is my last laptop with acer.

• Ha
    Hannes du Buisson Feb 15, 2010

Had a similar problem with the same Acer Laptop. Guess what, I have put a piece of masking tape on the brand name Acer. So when people ask me why I'm doing it, I tell them to NEVER EVER buy an Acer Laptop and I tell them how poor the service of Acer, South Africa is . I regularly attend meetings and workshops with influential people in decision making capacities and am proud to say that I have at least stopped two huge orders for Acer Laptops! I will continue to tell whoever that wants to listen to NOT buy Acer Laptops. Mine is still not sorted out, but I have no intention of taking it back as it is a nightmare dealing with those two companies.

do not buy acer laptops

I bought a Aspire laptop in April, 2007, it gave me the "blue screen of death" twice in 11 months - Acer did not honor their warranty ( I guess they are good at this). I contacted the Texas Better Business Bureau, filed a complaint... Acer has agreed to a mediation session over my complaint. (I had to pay a small fee to the BBB). Good news, Acer is trying to get into the BBB, and needs to clean up their act. SO, I WOULD ADVISE ALL OF YOU WHO ARE PISSED AT ACER, OR HAVE BEEN SCREWED BY THEIR CRAPPY COMPUTERS to file a complaint. You may get heard!!

• Precious2g6 Mar 28, 2009

I have had my laptop for 6 months now and I too go through the same thing, everytime I call I am told to f1o something or whatever its called, I am a college student I cant afford to have everything erased everytime something goes wrong I have so many papers on here I would die if i lose them, that leaves me stuck paying best buy geek squad 200 dollars to back up everything on a disk ( which i am learning to do myself since this happens sooo much) . I keep complaining just send me the box to send it back in and they keep saying next time... i mean wtf next time lol I have got 3 next times lol bad enough I cant understand them they are nooo help, but on my budget I brought this through my financial aid at school... I am finding out life sucks as a student when you have ot settle for companies like Arrons and whoever owns Acer... and believe me i am not paying for them to fix this, if it break sone more time and they wont take it can you say lawer or money back I have a warranty -.-

macuser2000 May 18, 2009

Buying from a company like Acer is a risk, because there is a reasonable chance you could get a peice of crap, and receive little or no compensation. I took the risk and got their netbook. It shut off randomly more and more frequently until I stopped putting it in a certain bag. I don't know what was wrong with that bag, but the laptop didn't like it. Now, the laptop is perfectly reliable, I have taken it apart, upgraded memory, and I am typing this report right now, with this laptop. So, go head and buy Acer, but ask Google for his opinion first.

• Ya
    yap ching wee Dec 22, 2009

• Ao
    aosmith May 28, 2010

I'm a freelance dev, and have owned several acer poducts. Their netbook support was spotty at best, and their monitor support is even worse. I purchased a somewhat defective monitor from them and had to pay return shipping only to receive a similarly bad unit. Don't buy their products.

• Av
    avista70 Jul 13, 2010

I'm a Taiwanese who lives in both Taipei and Los Angeles. When I returned to my apartment in Taipei, I decided to buy an Acer in support of a Taiwanese company. Guess what - STUPID MISTAKE

I bought an Acer all-in-one desktop, got it home, turned in on and realized that there's a bad pixel (displaying the wrong color) - imagine how irritable that is whenever you turn on your computer. Well, I called the distributor who says Acer considers a defective screen as one that has three or more bad pixels. I called Acer and they said the same thing.

Clearly Acer does not strive to be perfect and couldn't care less about their customers - can you imagine not being able to return a product like this in the US?

Acer - what a disgrace...shame on you. DO NOT BUY AN ACER. I WOULD NEVER BUY AN ACER AGAIN IN MY LIFE.

• Tt
    ttackett Sep 17, 2011

I bought my Acer Aspire back in the spring of 2011 and I have had nothing but problems with it the computer keeps shutting me down for no apparent reason and when I am playing a game on Facebook it bumps me out in the middle of the game the screen also goes from big to small when I am not even touching it I would never ever by another Acer brand computer again I also tell everyone I know never to bu one it was a waste of my money,

faulty computer & poor customer service

Today, I decided that trying to get this desktop fixed by Acer is a lost cause. I've had a problem with this computer since purchasing it a year ago from Best Buy. This is my history with this product and I hope it is helpful to others. This computer was purchased on 6/29/07.

1) Within two months after purchase, the computer would power down and turn off and restart on its own. Then one day it powered down and would not come back on so I took it back to Best Buy on 8/24/07 for repair. After 15 days of purchase the computer cannot be exchanged at Best Buy so they sent it out to be fixed. The Motherboard and Power Supply were replaced.

2) After this last repair the computer began to freeze up, sounded very noisy and error messages began to appear. The computer was taken back to Best Buy on 9/15/07. Best Buy disassembled the unit and inspected it and "reloaded, restored, repaired" the software for the unit.

3) The computer then began to freeze up not too long after it came back. Sometimes it would freeze up immediately when turned on after getting to the welcome screen and other times I would be working on the computer and it would freeze up. On 11/2/07 I took the computer back to Best Buy. The hard drive was replaced.

4) A few weeks later the computer began to freeze up again and I lost internet connection. I decided to deal directly with Acer and contacted them by phone to relay this lengthy history. I sent the computer out via FedEx on my own dime because they wouldn't pay for it. They received the unit on 11/28/07. The computer came back two days later and the defective modem was replaced. Wasn't long after that I realized that the computer had the same problems. The holidays, life, work and everything else happened. I secured a laptop from work to use and pretty much gave up on it.

5) At the start of June 2008 I thought I would give it one last try before the warranty from Acer expired. The computer went out to Acer and came back on 7/3/08. The computer was turned on and immediately froze up. I contacted Acer immediately and they said that Best Buy needed to repair the hard drive and the problem was not with them. The customer service agent also said some pretty ridiculous and contradictory things.

In summary, Best Buy has less than mediocre customer service but I expected much more out of Acer. Besides the obvious of having a broken computer, there is a very long wait time to get through to customer service via telephone...in some cases 20-30 minutes. I requested to speak to a manager and the last representative I spoke to said that there are no managers available and just customer service reps available. A lot of personal time has been wasted trying to get a product working that was never really used. Imagine having to take my computer to Best Buy each time, wait in line and describe the problem over and over again. Imagine having to tell the same story to Acer, over and over again, after being on hold for a long time. Imagine the frustration of just giving up after repeatedly expecting that the unit would be repaired. I've decided to copy this complaint to any and every consumer blog that I can find. If Best Buy or Acer would like to resolve this problem they know how to find me just use your technology. Resolve at this point means a brand new computer which is nothing compared to my frustration. After I finish blogging I’ll send a letter to both companies with all of the sites in which I’ve posted my complaints.

• He
    Hesham Z. Jun 25, 2011

We had very bad experience with Acer America. In one month after we bought the computer from Walmart .The Monitor went bad and Acer refused to fix it. We had done nothing but normal in house use. They want to charge us more than 60% the cost of the computer not mention our cost to ship it back to Texas. Never buy again any Acer products or from Walmart. I am taking them to court so they can respect the customer.

service center boycott & late response

Hi PIC,

I bought a computer on November 2007 from Acer Computer Singapore Pte Ltd.

Within 5 months the computer is having hardware problems and tried to call their service hotline but there was never any responses for over 2 months.

They replied my case via email but is always a few days later and boycotted the appointment without prior notice on 14 Jun 2008 (today), jeoperdizing my other appointments.

Please look into the issue and take necessary actions.

CaseID: [protected]
Serial: U671535

Regards,
Mr. Foo

panda Jun 08, 2009

I bought an Acer laptop in Spring of 2008 but one day, while i was charging my laptop while surfing the internet, I suddenly smelled plastic burning & thought it was coming from outside of the house, then my finger accidentally touched the connection between the pin & the adaptor plug, it was so hot that i got burned & realized my laptop literally caught on fire although i only see smokes while witnessing the melting part of the case around the pin & a burned hole was formed. Looking back, I was extremely lucky because I was physically there to take in control of the situation and quickly unplug the power supply & shut down the laptop computer & actually placed in an empty room worrying if it was going to catch a serious fire or even explosion. I have immediately contacted Acer's Tech Support & they did manage to send a courier to pick up & took bit ack for evaluation. However, when I called & complained, I told them I either want my money back or at least a new replacement unit because obviously the unit was either a defected unit or a poorly made unit. However, after the evaluation, they sent the same laptop back with no explanation & simply stated 3 parts were changed (the case that was burned through, the pin and the fan) & actually accused me of pressing the LCD screen(???). After numerous of calls to their Service 2 Tech Support & finally got escalated to Corporate Customer Care today, Betsy still refused to issue me an apology letter nor willing to simply replace the defected (poorly made) unit. ACER should be ashamed of themselves. Who in their right mind is going to use that same laptop again knowing only 3 small parts have been replaced. How can anyone in their right minds to use the same laptop while only 3 simply parts were replaced... There was no explanation or an apology letter or a Re-assurance Letter to state that their product has been re-certified and deemsed SAFE to use. None of that was demonstrated. Acer obviously has no shame & doesn't step up & admit their computer quality control has failed them badly. Acer is using its customers as ginny pigs because they said.. "why don't you try using it & if "IT" happens again, call us back". - Therefore, BE AWARE... be VERY aware if you should choose to buy an Acer product. They do not care nor take any responsibility and their service after you bought their products... you can just forget about it.. WHAT SERVICE? there was NONE! They just don't care enough. SAD & this company should be boycotted

joseph11 Jun 16, 2009

I have very bad experience with ACER with regards to their customer service
    or technical support.

I bought a new desktop and use it for barely about 7 months then a problem
    came up.

The problem was that the PC would hang halfway while using. Tried to
    restart the pc and the screen went blank while the hardware is running.
    Called up ACER and after trouble shooting, they decide to send an engineer
    to repair. The engineer came and said that the contacts between the
    graphics card and motherboard was oxidised. So he used an eraser and did
    some rubbing. Well thankfully this works fine.

Unfortunately, the pc started to hang after 4 months of low usage. Called
    up ACER and the customer service's attitude was poor. An appointment with
    the engineer was made. The engineer came and said that motherboard had some
    problems and decided to replace it. He tested it and it was fine and left.
    But after one hour, the pc started to hang once again. Called up ACER and
    they said that I should do a system restore back to factory settings and
    suggested using the Alt F10. Too bad, the pc hangs halfway while doing it.
    The customer service then said that the earliest appointment would be next
    week. Therefore I have to wait for another week before an engineer came to
    fix the problem.

The engineer came the next week and this time, he said that the motherboard
    was faulty once again and replace it once again. He left and this time,
    guess what. Oh the pc hangs again after one hour. Called up ACER again,
    immediately they called up the engineer and said that the engineer would
    call me later. The engineer called and asked about the problems, he said
    not to bother about doing anything as the hard disk is faulty. And he would
    come in the evening to change it. Evening came and he came to replace the
    hard disk. Oh how great it was, I was thinking, this should fixed the
    problem. OH MY GOD, the pc can only be used for one hour again. And the
    customer service is closed for the day.

Called up ACER the next day, Saturday, and they arrange for the engineer to
    come on Monday. So hopefully the engineer is going to fixed the problem once and for all.
    Another engineer came and said that he would bring the pc back to the service centre to do the repair.
    One week later, he brought back the pc and it was working fine. After 10 days, the pc hangs again.

My overall experience is terrible. Could you imagine how long I have to be
    on the phone to solve this problem? How many times of happiness and sadness
    that I have to go through? How many times do I have to call up ACER to fix
    the problem? How many restarting and waiting of the pc do I have to do?
    Just not sure, how long do ACER need to fix the problem? This is a total
    waste of time and resources on both me and ACER. I think, they are just delaying the problem
    and wait for the warranty to end.

My advise for all: Although ACER has got good value for money products and
    relatively cheaper than others on the market. Consider really hard before paying for trouble as the
    customer service and technical support is so much poorer as compared to
    others.

A very disappointed ACER user...

defective lcd screen

In November of 2007 I purchased a Acer Aspire notebook with Windows Vista Home. Which really sucks by the way...

terrible quality product

I purchased ACER AM5620 – E1204A in December 23 2007. After I connected I started to discover problems, new-year eve first weeks January, i partially ignored problem, (blinking monitors, turn on and off by itself in sec-two intervals) In the first week of February I called Future Shop, Broadway Vancouver BC and ask if I can bring computer for repair. They took computer returned me back after 3 MONTHS with similar problem, not fix one plus DVD is not working and additional to that, instead of 3 GB memory I have now 2 GB!!

I just now, called Future shop again, and spoke to Manager Peter OG from computer department, he was not friendly i must say, and he offered me that i can bring computer back but there will be some diagnostic charges. Diagnostic charges?!?! For the computer that I didn’t use at all and paid $800+ !!! I didn’t know what to say except “Peter, you just lost one of your customers” He answered “It is fine with me”

My question is what kind of customer care that is?

I’m speechless!

CHris Jul 31, 2008

you bought an acer. What do you expect lol. You get what you pay for. Now insults aside. Acer has stringent rules of engagement that refuse them to even touch the thing for you during first years waranty. If you did not buy PSP they can't do anything except ship it to them for you. The manager was just doing what he was legally able to do. It's also your own fault for not bringing up the issues the minute it first happened.

JohnHem Oct 04, 2008

Boss Hogg is incorrect. I am a tech lead at a Future Shop and am sad that you were treated this way. Some facts:

1) Future Shop is authorized to service Acer desktops in the first year of warranty. Acer laptops need to be repaired directly by Acer. FS cannot even ship them for you.
    2) There are no diagnostic fees while a warranty exists on the unit; UNLESS: 1) No fault found. 2) Software issues.(Note: These are almost never enforced by keep in mind that they are there.)
    3) You can escalate past a tech lead to a Department manager and then to the store manager. I encourage you to do so.

dead battery

My Acer laptop, Aspire [protected], which is 5 months old, just had the battery go dead. I do not use it on battery power but it is always on anyway. When it went dead I was on ac power and it shut me down and would not allow me to reboot. I finally removed the battery and was able to boot it up again. Now I have an expensive battery-paperweight and a large empty hole in my computer. Why would the battery last only 5 months???

• La
    Laksha Bhatia Nov 09, 2008

Hi,

I m a very upset customer with the way I was treated by ur staff.
    I bought a acer aspire laptop 5310 on 1st October 2007.(SN. LXAH20CO167341F83A1601).

I m facing issue with the battery as it drains out in 10 minutes.
    ON 25TH SEPTEMBER 2008, I called you Customer service 18000116677. I was told that in 5 working days a technician will be sent at my place and I was assured that as I m calling within the warranty period, the battery will be replace free of cost.
    But unfortunately no one came to replace the battery. After that I called multiple times and no one helped.
    I will not pay for the battery cost as i called within warranty period.

I was very happy with acer prior to this experience.
    I had recommended 4 of my friends to buy acer.
    Now if I dont get the battery replaced free of cost, i have made up my mind to lodge a complaint.
    I have my cousin working with newspaper and she has suggested to share my experience and write an article abt my experience.

If i dont get help I will be forced to take a step.
    Can you help me?

screen problems

Bought an Acer laptop for my son in April 2007, by November the LCD screen was broken, all blue - sent it back for repair at my own cost, now it is is April 2008, and screen is going again - no help for customer service - could not find any record of computer or serial number ! What a crock - what to do with this company - substandard product and does not stand behind their product. Circuit City is not better - they are pushing this computer - then won't assist as well - stay away from both !!

Paul Apr 28, 2008

We bought an Acer at Staples in December $499 plus tax
    After 2 months the screen failed

We contacted Acer customer service
    They gave us a return authorization

We sent it to Texas for repair

Here is their response:

Dear Valued Customer,

This letter is in reference to system serial number referenced above:

Unit has been determined by our Level II tech that notebook is with cracked screen is not a manufacture defect.
    Therefore, payment required to complete repair is $649.00USD + tax.

Acer’s out of warranty charges for a cracked LCD are as follows:
    $649.00 for repair of cracked LCD only
    $999.00 for more than two major components (includes an LCD)

Unit will return unrepaired by 05.02.08 should we not hear from regarding this
    matter.

Please call 1-800-816-2237 and reference service id: 1-3CTTAP .

Customer Solution Interface
    1394 Eberhardt Rd.
    Temple TX 76502
    1-800-816-2237

We will never buy another ACER and would advise NO one to ever buy one of their products

horrible customer service

Laptop keyboard defective. "S" and "D" keys don't work. Had computer 1 day and they won't pay...

customer service

On Jan.7, 2008 our laptop began making random sounds, within 10 minutes the screen went blank and the DVD loader shut off. Power remained. On attempted restart, the screen wouldn't stay up past Acer page. Further F2 and F12 attempts revieled less and less time to solve issue. Asked 30 yr. experienced programmer to look it over. Jan 31, 2008 - laptop has main board and harddrive burnout. It's still under warranty for 7 days. Call Acer. They give service number and packing instructions. Which inlude, DO NOT SEND BATTERY. Sent Feb.1, 2008.
Wrapped in three layers bubble wrap and taped closed then placed in box, also tapped closed. Sent Fed - Ex. Feb. 11, 2008 computer arrives home. Hook - Up determines problems still exist. Same problems plus. Call Acer who, before we begin to discuss issue inform us that our warranty is up. Tec reads log from service # and tells us that Acer says harddrive was not in the computer when it arrived. Main Board replaced with referbished board. Will e-mail Service Dept. Temple, TX. Should hear something next day. Feb.12, 2008. Call Acer and are passed between two people who insist harddrive did not arrive. New hard drive and recovery and system disks purchased and paid for plus overnight and insured. Arrives Feb.13, 2008.Contents opened and verified. Set aside till Saturday, Feb 16th,2008. Opened bottom of laptop to insert harddrive and discover missing bracket and screw as well. Carefully insert harddrive and turn over to insert disks. Attempt to follow instructions only same problems still exists. Cannot load disks. Hooked up separate moniter and same issue occured. Called # for second extended warranty through Wal-Mart. They said they would send packaging and instructions to us and we should send everything to them. This will go out tomorrow Feb.23,2008. Acer has not only lost our buisness, but that of both my sister- in laws, who have put the word out to their families, ect.... Acer, you lose.

• Ti
    tish Jun 03, 2008

Same thing happened to my laptop. Mine did it after having it for a few months. They did fix it but I still had to pay $20 in shipping.
    I won't buy one again either.

• Ae
    AEV Jan 23, 2009

I bought an Acer in the summer of '07 (aspire 5050 series). After a few days I began to notice that I had to giggle the cord to get it to charge properly. I thought there might be a short in the cord, so when I had the time I took it to a near by computer store to have them check it out. The problem wasn't the cord, it was the adapter (where the cord plugs in) and the cord had actually been partially burnt and melted because it had overheated.

faulty dvd drive!

I bought an Acer aspire laptop [protected]. It's inexpensive but unless you buy more memory it won't run. The dvd drive doesn't work at all. Acer is aware of this but not fixing it. If you spend your money to mail it to them they will try to fix it. I've heard horror stories about that. avoid ACER [protected] no matter how cheap with or without refunds.

christine mulhearn Feb 12, 2008

I completly agree Acer is the most HORRIFIC place to deal with they treat there customers like DIRT!! I have had a night mare with a laptop i bought my daughter for christmas that already the back light went out they do not back up there product at all i have called then every day several times a day they hang up on me they wont let me speak to a manger they say they are told not to put any call through to a manager that they do not accept calls I have gotten no were with this company it a shame what that have done to me!!!

defective computer

I bought the computer the end of February 2007.Immediately there were problems in that it shuts down & you can not re-start until it cools down then it only runs for a few minutes & shuts down again. We started by calling the help line as I thought perhaps it was something I was not doing. However it continued & we soon realized we had bought a faulty machine. We have sent it for repairs I think 3 perhaps 4 times with absolutely no satisfaction what so ever. We wait for it's return only to have it work for a day or so then it's back to shutting down. I think they do not read the attached notes or just try different things. They have replaced the insides & are now starting to replace what's been replaced. If they can not fix it replace it as we have asked over & over again each time we send it for repairs. When we call the help line they have no supervisors to speak with but just keep telling us to send it for repairs that do not work.I am very disappointed with the computer, repair depot, & help line. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

• Vi
    vinod Jul 18, 2008

i have acer aspire 4710 its serial number is lxahr0c01072de2000
    the problem i have got is that its LCD screen show shite blank every time turn it on.
    could you please refer me to the nearest acer help center.
    you can give me a call at 9889847814

poor service (even for a laptop within warranty)

Iam from Chennai, India..I bought this acer laptop (3682) in feb 2007 and just after 8 months one fine day when I switched on the laptop , the screen went blank. I took the laptop on 03/nov/2007 to the shop , " dotcom computers & beyond" in spencers plaza , chennai where I had purchased the laptop and informed the manager in charge of the shop about the problem I faced and told him that the laptop was under warranty.This guy asked me to take the laptop to the dotcom service shop for service asked me to call the following day.. I left the laptop over there and the very next day I went to this shop and he said he had not checked it yet and again asked to call him the next day.I kept calling him for almost a week.Then after a week , on 13/nov/2007 when I went to the shop again, this time the manager in charge of dotcom did not ask me to come the following day as he always does but asked to me call the acer toll free number in chennai and asked to file the complaint as there was a hard disk problem and give him the case id that I would get from the complaint department.I called the toll free and got the case Id and called the dotcom guy and gave him the case id. He said he would send my laptop to the authorised service centre.. Later whenever I call the "dotcom computers & beyond" guy would say "come tommorrow". He was so dismissive....and I asked him for the number of the authorised service centre and when called them , they said that they are still waiting for the hard disk..Iam still waiting for my laptop..and even today ,after 26 days ,when I called the authorised acer service centre ...I get the same answer.."WE ARE WAITING FOR THE LAPTOP".. This is the worst service that any customer would expect for a product within warranty.and along with such bad service even the staff are so dismissive... I suggest all my friends who are looking to buy a laptop ...not to go for ACER LAPTOP..for gods sake..

replace screen

I submit one complaint to Acer due to my notebook's screen appeared as broken from October 15. They pick my notebook up to the Repair Centre and 2 weeks later told me: I broke the screen and i have to pay $365 (this notebook was bought last May) that never happen.
Then, they argue on October 29 had pressure applied to the top of the casing of my laptop but this is speculation. I asked for it and on November 1st sent me a txt mssg indicating it was repaired. On November 6 i received my notebook at the same conditions.

I copy mails sent to know:

From: [protected]@hotmail.com
To: [protected]@highpointaustralia.com.au
Subject: RE: Claim in process
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 08:26:22 +0000

If you had acted accordingly with my solicitude. Where is the report of
physical damage that explain the features that evindence this when you shipped my unit?. Does all of this is the service that Acer offer to their clients? Please send me that report that i asked.

The history of this mail, your first answer (speculation) and the message sent to me will be presented as a complain to another entities.

Hope that report ASAP

> To: [protected]@hotmail.com
> CC: customer.[protected]@acer.com.au; [protected]@highpointaustralia.com.au
> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 13:07:12 +1100
> Hi,
> Previously you have asked for the unit to be shipped back to you in an
> unrepaired state as the unit has been deemed a non-warranty repair. We have
> acted accordingly and had the unit shipped to you. The sms is an
> automatically generated response advising that the unit is to be shipped.
> Best Regards,
> HiGHPOINT
> Joshua Groenestein
> Customer Service
> Address: Unit 7/8 145 Arthur St Flemington NSW 2140
> Contact: [protected] DISCLAIMER:
> Highpoint Australia makes no warranties of any kind, including but not
> limited to noninfringement of third party rights, merchantability or
> fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to any items downloaded
> from, or uploaded to our ftp and web servers, also obtained via email. All
> programs are provided "AS IS", whether modified by Highpoint or not. In no
> event will Highpoint be liable for any damages arising from your use or
> your inability to use this information, documentation or software,
> including any lost profits, lost use, or other incidental or consequential
> damages, even if Highpoint has been advised of the possibility of such
> damages. We strongly suggest all BIOS updates be completed by an Highpoint
> Authorized Repair Center.
> |---------+---------------------------->
> | | |
> | | 06/11/2007 12:51 |
> | | AM |
> |---------+---------------------------->
> >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> | |
> | To: <[protected]@highpointaustralia.com.au>, <customer.[protected]@acer.com.au> |
> | cc: |
> | Subject: RE: Claim in process |
> Joshua,
> Today i received my unit and it wasn't repaired despite of i received a
> text message last thursday 01/11 that said:
> "Dear customer we are pleased to let you know your unit with case number
> [protected] has been repaired and has dispatched via DHL on consignment
> number [protected], for any further enquiries please call DHL on 131406.
> Kind regards Highpoint Repair Centre Sydney"
> Are you joking with me?. This message i'll be showing to complain about the
> "bad service" of your company. Before i go to another entities i would like
> a response written of your company explaining this. Hope a solution as soon
> as possible.
> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 08:45:11 +0000
> Joshua,
> The address is the same where was picked the unit up. This is Unit
> 6/350 Fairfield Road. Yeronga 4103 QLD and don't forget the report of
> physical damage and explaining the features that evindence this. I'll
> be lodging this problem to another entities.
> Regards,
> > CC: [protected]@highpointaustralia.com.au
> > Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 09:34:28 +1100
> > Hi Enzo,
> >
> > Please confirm a delivery address and we will have the unit placed
> with a
> > Address: Unit 7/8 145 Arthur St Flemington NSW 2140
> > Contact: [protected] DISCLAIMER:
> > Highpoint Australia makes no warranties of any kind, including but
> not
> > limited to noninfringement of third party rights, merchantability
> or
> > fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to any items
> downloaded
> > from, or uploaded to our ftp and web servers, also obtained via
> email. All
> > programs are provided "AS IS", whether modified by Highpoint or
> not. In no
> > event will Highpoint be liable for any damages arising from your
> use or
> > your inability to use this information, documentation or software,
> > including any lost profits, lost use, or other incidental or
> consequential
> > damages, even if Highpoint has been advised of the possibility of
> such
> > damages. We strongly suggest all BIOS updates be completed by an
> Highpoint
> > Authorized Repair Center.
> > |---------+---------------------------->
> > | cc: |
> > | Subject: FW: Claim in process |
> > Joshua,
> >
> > When will i receiving the notebook with the report of physical
> damage
> > and explaining the features that evindence this??
> > Thanks
> > Enzo
> > From: [protected]@hotmail.com
> > To: [protected]@highpointaustralia.com.au
> > Subject: RE: Claim in process
> > Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:29:33 +0000
> > Joshua
> >
> > As i said the notebook didn't have any pressure applied from
> > the top. I will submit this complain to another organisms, and
> > at the same time i required my notebook with a report that show
> > or says there is evident physical damage how you say.
> > I hope a response as soon as possible
> > > Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:30:37 +1100
> > > Hi,
> > > I've had the chance to review the case and speak with the
> > technician
> > > involved and there are definite signs of physical damage to
> > the LCD panel.
> > > The technician claims that the unit may have had pressure
> > applied to the
> > > top of the casing but this is speculation. We are able to
> > supply evidence
> > > of the fault and we are also able to return the unit so that
> > you may get a
> > > second opinion if needed.
> > > Due to the circumstances the non-warranty decision that has
> > > Highpoint Australia makes no warranties of any kind,
> > including but not
> > > limited to noninfringement of third party rights,
> > merchantability or
> > > fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to any items
> > downloaded
> > > from, or uploaded to our ftp and web servers, also obtained
> > via email. All
> > > programs are provided "AS IS", whether modified by Highpoint
> > or not. In no
> > > event will Highpoint be liable for any damages arising from
> > your use or
> > > your inability to use this information, documentation or
> > software,
> > > including any lost profits, lost use, or other incidental or
> > consequential
> > > damages, even if Highpoint has been advised of the
> > possibility of such
> > > damages. We strongly suggest all BIOS updates be completed by
> > an Highpoint
> > > Authorized Repair Center.
> > > |---------+---------------------------->
> > > weeks ago my notebook had a problem inside the screen. I
> > bought this
> > > computer last May.07 and i was using this only 5 months, one
> > day suddenly i
> > > tried to log in and i realised that the screen had as a black
> > mark going
> > > from top to bottom in the middle. I keeped in touch with the
> > call repair
> > > center to know what was the problem? assuming it was a
> > problem of
> > > fabrication, and last tuesday 16 october you picked my
> > computer up to
> > > revision.
> > > This friday i was calling to know when you'll be leaving my
> > notebook at
> > > home and i received a surprised when you told me that this
> > had a problem
> > > that it will cost me aprox. $365. I m really dissapointed and
> > upset with
> > > your because the technic told me that you realised it was a
> > physical damage
> > > cause by myself. How i said before that's no possible due to
> > my notebook is
> > > always in the same place at my home and how is usually one
> > day I tried to
> > > 2.- And second i don't know what kind of service has the
> > company? i'm
> > > waiting for the famous cashback until now from May. That's
> > possible?? how
> > > you can see in the mail below you said that sent the cheque
> > to my last
> > > address but i never received it. I would like to receive a
> > favourable
> > > answer to my request as soon as possible.
> > > This problem is bring me back more problems that i thought
> > because i cann't
> > > use my laptop close to 2 weeks and i won't stopped until to
> > send this
> > > complain to the last instance or the media if that's
> > necesary.
> > > Your customer service attendant told me that I'll be
> > receiving an answer
> > > inside the 24 hours and i hope it will be soon.
> > > Regards,
> > > Enzo Bellido
> > > SNID Notebook: [protected]
> > > Reference: 1C1121007 / 714
> > > From: [protected]@acer.com.au
> > > To: [protected]@hotmail.com
> > > Subject: RE: Acer Cashback claim in process (N07001139)
> > > Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:15:26 +1000
> > > Dear Customer,
> > > According to our system your cheque has been posted on the
> > 12/7/07 to
> > > Unit 1 - 319 Annerley Road, Dutton Park, QLD, 4103. If
> > customer
> > > don't receive cheque there is a RTS address, we have not
> > received
> > > anything back to our office.
> > > Regards,
> > > This email contains information that is for the sole use of
> > the
> > > intended recipient and may be confidential or privileged. If
> > you are
> > > not the intended recipient, any further review, disclosure,
> > copying,
> > > distribution or use of this email, or the contents of this
> > email, is
> > > prohibited. Please notify the sender by replying to this
> > email and
> > > destroy the original email if your receipt of this email is
> > in error.
> > >
> > > "enzo omar bellido castaman"
> > > <[protected]@hotmail.com> 16/09/2007 10:25 AM
> > > Enzo
> > > [protected]
> > > >From: Acer Cashback <[protected]@acer.com.au>
> > > >To: [protected]@hotmail.com
> > > >Subject: Acer Cashback claim in process (N07001139)
> > > >Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:04:58 +1000 (GMT+10:00)
> > > >Dear Customer,
> > > >Further to our email to you on 30 Apr 2007, we have now
> > received
> > > complete
> > > >supporting documentsfor your cashback claim (N07001139).
> > > >We are now processing your claim and estimate the completion
> > date as
> > > 12 Jul
> > > >2007. Upon a successful verification, we will then issue a
> > cheque to
> > > the
> > > >name and address specified by you in the claim form.
> > > >Should you have further queries, you may contact us at
> > > separate
> > > >handling fee of $20 (AUD) will be charged from the cashback
> > amount.
> > > Contact
> > > >the enquiry line for further details.
> > > >Thank you.
> > > filtering.
> > > Report this message as spam
> > > --
> > > Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam
> > and content filtering.
> >
> > Explore the seven wonders of the world Learn more!
> >
> > Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger Get it now!
> > Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows
> Live
> > Spaces. It's easy! Try it!
> > Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and
> > Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and
> content filtering.
> > http://www.mailguard.com.au
> >
> Discover the new Windows Vista Learn more!
> Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live
> Spaces. It's easy! Try it!
> Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content
> filtering.
> http://www.mailguard.com.au
> Report this message as spam
> --
> Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.
> http://www.mailguard.com.au

• Mr
    mr. jasnant shah Jan 15, 2008

the cashback methord is not convenin.If a customer is doesnt have link with internet
    how is this person going to get the cashback.

• Xy
    xyz Apr 11, 2008

Hi there,

Most computers brand have a policy of non-warranty if they find any evident of physical damage and the question on who did it is not relevant (eg: I didn't do it) or how long it has been possess because they only evident the type of damages once receive the machine and act accordingly to their policies.

For most of the computer repair centres, if a machine is found to be non-warranty, there will be a fee involved (labour and time). Probably this is the reason why a report was not given to you because to do that, you need to agree to this fee first (not repair fee but for labour - time, checking on spare parts, report).

Therefore, warranty is very very important. I think DELL computer offers warranty on physical damage - but I can't confirm though.

• Gr
    Greg Apr 21, 2008

I am also still waiting on $29 ACER cashback offer cheque for a 22 inch monitor i purchased. It has been 2 months already and still nothing. TANGi was mentioned as well in my correspondence, she has a lot to answer for... try typing in "Acer cashback scam" in Google !!

Patty Jun 02, 2008

Acer have a reputation for dishonoring cash back offers, I purchased a laptop with a $149 cash back, I never received this there reason was they did not receive the paperwork within the set 30 days. I registered my cash back on line the day I purchased it and posted the documentation the following day. I have had nothing but trouble with this computer and would advise everyone not to buy Acer and do not believe the cash back offer. Many people have not got their money.

• Le
    Lemon-aid Jan 27, 2010

I purchased an Acer Aspire 5542/5242 series notebook in Nov 2009.
    2 days after purchase when LIGHTLY pointing and touching the screen it CRACKED! Due to work I returned it to the place of purchase 10 days after purchase. I too was advised no waranty against damage.
    I requested to contact Acer by phone, to encounter the same advise of over $300 to repair the screen of a brand new notebook. My claim that no pressure was applied to the screen were dismissed. ( I work on computers daily!!!) My request to speak to a manager were denied, to speak with anyone else were denied, to get the workers name was denied, finally giving a first name only.
    So here I am about to start online University study in 3 days, no money to repair the computer and stuck with a LEMON!

• Ro
    Robynne B Apr 15, 2013

I got my daughter a laptop for christmas. it was sent back to them just after christmas due to it not being able to connect to the internet. They sent it back without doing anything, it was sent back to them with the same issues, when we got it back it was the exact same issues. So once again we sent it back and said if it is not fixed this time give me the money back. It now connects to the internet and they had to replace basically everything inside the laptop. Now still issues with it, the screen flashes and it has turned it self off from time to time... You ring up to see if someone can help you and the first thing they say is set it back to default, that does not help. I rang up DELL and asked them what the issue can be and they actually went through stuff and gave me ways of fixing issues, not just telling me to set it back to default...
    ACER does not have a good service, its basically a non service... there is no such thing as customer service with ACER.

If I ever get another laptop for my daughter it will be DELL all the way, they will come out and service your laptop.

faulty laptop, faulty customer service!

I bought an Acer laptop less than 4 weeks ago. Their initial problem i had was my internet connection that...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices