Having problems with Acer?

Acer reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 28, 2006. The latest review Customer services was posted on Jun 18, 2021. The latest complaint never recieved computer or my money was resolved on Sep 03, 2014. Acer has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 114 reviews. Acer has resolved 60 complaints.

Acer Customer Service Contacts

8800 700 2237 (Russia)
1800 116 677 (India)
1800 881 918 (Malaysia)
1800 895 6299 (Singapore)
1866 350 2237 (Mexico)
+1 866 695 2237 (USA and Canada)
+44 371 760 1000 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 036 5100 (Australia)
+64 800 223 769 (New Zealand)
+32 78 150 023 (Belgium)
+45 33 702 070 (Denmark)
+31 884 560 000 (Netherlands)
+351 808 300 011 (Portugal)
+41 848 745 745 (Switzerland)
+852 23 792 519 (Hong Kong)
+63 27 200 090 (Philippines)
+27 871 513 400 (South Africa)
+82 16 442 225 (South Korea)
+66 21 539 600 (Thailand)
+84 839 106 888 (Vietnam)
+54 800 444 1318 (Argentina)
1F, 88, Sec. 1, Xintai 5th Rd, Xizhi
New Taipei City, California
Taiwan - 221
333 W. San Carlos Street, Suite 1500, San Jose, CA 95110, USA

Canada
5600 Explorer Drive, Suite 201, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L4W 4Y1

United Kingdom
Acer House, Heathrow Boulevard III, 282 Bath Road, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 0DQ, England

Australia
Building G, Level 2, 350 Parramatta Rd, Homebush West, NSW 2140, Australia

New Zealand
Suite 2, Ground Floor, Building A, Millenium Phase II, 600 Great South Road, Ellerslie, Auckland 1051, New Zealand

Austria

Moosmattstrasse 30, 8953 Dietikon, Switzerland

Turkey
Veko Giz Plaza, Meydan Sokak № 20, Daire: 27-28 34396, Maslak-Istanbul, Turkey

China
6F Building 1, THE HUB, № 818 ShenChang Road, Min Hang District, Shanghai 201106, P.R. China

Hong Kong
Unit 2301-02 & 08, Level 23, Tower 1, Millennium City 1, 388 Kwun Tong Rd, Kowloon, Hong Kong

India
Embassy Heights, 6th Floor, № 13 Magrath Rd, (Next to Hosmat Hospital)
Bangalore 560025, India

Malaysia

Philippines
1172-1180 Pres. Quirino Ave., Extension, Paco, Manila, Philippines

Singapore
29 International Business Park, № 01-01 Acer Building, Tower A, Singapore 609923

South Africa
The District, 8 Kikuyu Rd, Sunninghill, 2191 Gauteng, Johannesburg, South Africa

South Korea
№ 603 6F Chung-Jin B/D 53-5, Wonhyoro 3-ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea

Thailand
493/7-8 Nanglinchi Rd., Chong Nonsi, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120, Thailand

UAE & Middle East
P.O. Box 16951, Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, UAE

Vietnam
5th Floor, Rosana Building, 60 Nguyen Dinh Chieu St., Da Kao Ward, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Brazil
Rua Flórida, 1758, 4º andar, São Paulo, SP 04565-001, Cidade Monções, Brasil

Latin America
3750 N.W. 87th Ave., Suite 640, Doral, FL 33178, USA

Mexico
Avenida Ejército Nacional № 579, Piso 1, Col. Granada, 11520 México, D.F.

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Acer Customer Service. Initial Acer complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Acer above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Acer. Discuss the issues you have had with Acer and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Acer Complaints & Reviews

Acerworst customer service

The worst customer service I've ever experienced in over 500 phone calls to more than 35 companies in over 10 years.

I spoke with all of the following people (identified by badge numbers and also names in two cases) over the course of 120 minutes trying to get a simple question answered.

I spent $1, 000 on two computers (an Acer Aspire One and an Acer desktop computer) over two days and needed to find a recovery CD-ROM or DVD-ROM (not included in the package for the Aspire One) and after trying to get someone to help me with that for two hours and failing because of constant interruptions and infinite loops in the interactive voice response system and the human handling of my multiple calls, I'm returning both products because I refuse to support a company with such abysmal customer support service.

Humans I spoke with before deciding to return $1, 000 worth of equipment for my money back (their badge numbers and in two cases, also their names):

GWEM1931

GWTA321

TA116 (Johnny; a supervisor for the Aspire One department who interrupted me constantly, refused to allow me to speak with his supervisor, and ultimately hung up the phone on me)

GWGA274 (Kathy; a first level agent who interrupted me constantly)

• Re
      Reviewer77961 Feb 12, 2016

Acer's customer service (& especially their lack of communication in relation to repair progress) is a disgrace. Apple have shown how to handle customer issues, Acer will be history if they don't adapt. this will be my 50th and last Acer product.

Chuck Kurtz Jul 04, 2010

We have 5 laptops, necessary for business, and we have occasionally had to call for customer support. Acer's lack of concern for problems, and their focus on upselling unnecessary programs and software, rather than addressing the problem, is horrible. I will NEVER purchase another computer from Acer, or any of their subsidiaries.

• Li
      lionhearted12345 Mar 18, 2010

ACER is a bunch of MOTHER ###ING SCAM ARTISTS. My Aspire One had a broken audio, so I mailed it to their Texas location. iT WAS UNDER WARRANTY. When it was returned IT DIDN'T WORK AT ALL. NOTHING. Wouuldn't even turn on! Any various rubber parts from the base and lid had been removed. I called them on the telephone and they refused to acknowledge they were at fault. I sent them a working computer and I received a busted unit. They are criminals. ASIAN SCAM ARTISTS. BEWARE |THESE HOODS. B U Y A M E R I C A N! ! ! ! ! ! !

• Tr
      Truthfinder77 Sep 01, 2009

I must fully agree !

We sent our Acer computer in for warranty service in the original factory box... Acer called to tell me that the computer case was smashed when it arrived via FedEx. Fedex went to examine the computer and the box and determined that the box was in perfect condition and the damage was done by Acer. I went round and round and being a great company, FedEx paid $199.00 for the computer to be repaired. Needless to say, Acer sent the computer from Texas to our home in New Jersey TWO times and both times the computer was still trashed. We paid them in full for a complete repair, but it is now two months later and the computer is again on its way back to Acer in Texas.

I spoke with a girl named Nichole in Customer service and she has yet been able to give me an answer as to why they never made the proper repairs.

Needless to say, I would NEVER EVER buy or recomend a Acer product. Also, this is why businesses go under...

If anyone can direct me on who to contact at Acer concerning this matter, I would greatly appriciate your help.

Oh, I must also say that I've been using IBM / Lenovo ThinkPads for many years and they offer the best service of any computer company.

Best to one and all, Truthfinder :-)

• Bv
      bvibeachbum Feb 22, 2009

I agree with you on this. I am dealing with Acer Australia and have blown through a minimum of 50 dollars on the phone going through their endless phone loops and what not. And their Email center does not respond to their emails. They have had my computer for 2 weeks to fix a defective mother board. Worst $1000 Singapore Dollars I have ever spent on a laptop and will never purchase one again, and will tell others as well.

The only good service they have is in Singapore, which is the same population as Sydney. Singapore was quick, efficient, and same day repairs. Not only that, they actually pick up the phone after the 1st to 2nd ring. Funny that.

-another dissatisfied owner of a shoddy Acer

• Ta
      Tammy Jun 27, 2008

I would like to restate what the prev complaint said. I too have received poor service from ACER on two occasions, the second being when i was unable to get proper internet connection. My provider advised me to connect ACER, when i did the staff was dismissive and basically gave me some " We do not give a darn advice " - In the end i had to connect Microsoft who was such a tremendous help. I would recommend people not to purchase any ACER computer products because their attitude stinks.

Aceracer aspire 6930g laptop

I November 2008 i purchased the acer aspire 3960g from the carphone warehouse on the mobile broadband package for £40 per month.First off when i got it home the dongle was unable to connect to the laptop, (luckily we also have home broad band and another laptop). I installed my anti virus and ran a scan before i got stuck in, 9 TROJANS!!! where did they come from? On clearing them i thought i'd enjoy it, but instead there have been problems after problems. My connection kept slowing down and it kept asking me to open in a different time zone. Any way we are now in the middle of january and on finally getting through to acer they told me that i could reset the pc back to factory settings and that would clear the viruses, and that they would send me an email of instructions of how to change the settings to put me in the right time zone which would in turn put my keyboard keys back in the correct place.STILL WAITING!!! Speaking of keys the letter U keeps popping out, that started about 2 hours after opening the box.Unfortunately because it is a bundle package i didn't have the pleasure of the 14 day exchange. I have spoken now to some very clued up tech guys who have told me that looking through the problems that i have had, the main being the TROJANS and every one coming up acer gamezone suggests that this was built in to the hard drive attached to gamezone.If its not then why when you go back to factory settings and even do a scan in safe mode does it allways come back the same 9 TROJANS ACER GAMEZONE and ACER arcade all the dates are listed from, actually from before i got it! I did try to play a game on acer g zone but it just kept resetting itself, flickering and going back to my main home screen. I tried to register my pc but the SN was not recognized there is nothing more i can do! I cannot take it back to the shop, and i cannot get a straight answer or even any of acer 9-5 tech support to answer the phone. SO WHAT DO I DO? WHAT CAN I DO? If i stop paying for it thats a mark on my credit rating plus interest charges on summons'. There is no way i am gonna send it of to be refurbished as i have been there with other itens and they come back worse than they were when they were sent off. HELP!!!

• Ju
        JustBuyIt Feb 28, 2009

Firstly, if you not too sure about using a computer fully I.E. your not up to reformatting it yourself then really you should have taken out a contract with the tech guys as they would have had to resolve your issue.

Secondly just because your AV reports a trojan, doesn't mean that it is a trojan, as it is only monitored for the activity it is performing, and leading your AV to think its a trojan. A company as large as acer wouldn't let a virus get into your system upon installing it or i'm sure they'd have hundreds of reports of it.

Personally, I believe if your going to get a laptop, get a laptop dont try and get a free one, as they are free and (not always) are not going to be built as quality as they should be. If you want a laptop go have one built, if you want mobile broadband, go get mobile broadband. Surely you can't be too annoyed, as the item was after all what CPW called 'free', so when you have too many problems their response would be 'well it was free'.

ACER/ASPIRE 9410broken ginges

I have an Acer Spire 9410. Mine also broke by the hinges. I called Acer and they said that they have not received any other complaints about this problem and they refuse to fix the proble. I bought from Circuit City and got an extended warranty to it. They are also getting away with it by saying that was abuse, not normal use. The normal use of a laptop is by opening and closing the lid when you are going to use it and put it away. Something needs to be done legally because there is a lot complains in different forums for the same problem. Not to count the performance issues that this model has (slow down speed, 20-30 minutes boot up, the hard drive seems to be doing something all the time which slows the aplication you want to use, etc, etc, etc) The machine is really a peace of junk. Customer service is almost un-existant. I will never buy from Acer again, Never.

[protected]@bellsouth.net

• On
          one800dave Sep 25, 2009

I just talked to a supervisor at the warranty place that took over compUSA's service contracts, and the warranty that CompUSA sold me does NOT cover broken parts like this. Only broken lcd screens or bad hd's or mb's. If it goes into them and they see a broken hinge, etc., they will box it up and send right back.

I am pissed!!! Beware, do not buy CompUSA's extended warranties or Acers ever!

• On
          one800dave Sep 25, 2009

I just now am trying to get my issue with broken hinges resolved. Same thing here - they say it is not covered. I am trying to go up the ladder to see about getting this resolved. If I cant, I will post all over the place that this is junk AND acer extended warranties are also junk. If I hear back about a workaround or repair, I will post.

• Al
          Allen May 28, 2009

I also have a Acer 9410 both my hinges broke. I bought it at COMPUSA in march of 2007. I also bought an extended warrany but COMPUSA says thats not covered which really sucks. Acer is nothing but cheap junk.

Acer Laptopfaulty screen

This is more of a "this is how it should be handled" than a complaint really.
        I purchased a brand new Acer laptop from this website, having used them once before with no problem. On arrival, I unpacked the machine and did all the stuff I'm supposed to do, but the screen kept flickering. I reinstalled drivers, I reloaded Windows, I called tech support.
        Tech Support kept me trying stuff for about 40 minutes, and I was getting a bit frustrated. Eventually, they agreed that the machine was faulty and said;
        "We'll organise a replacement, can you put your machine and all the contents back in the box ready for collection. When the driver turns up, he'll give you a new machine and take your old one away. We cannot promise a time for delivery, but it should be tomorrow". Bearing in mind that this was after 6pm, I really didn't believe it would be next day.

To my absolute astonishment, the driver from a courier company turned up next afternoon at 5.40, with a much better spec laptop than the one he was taking away. Same basic machine but with a better processor, more memory, bigger hard drive. Worth about £250 more than the one I had bought. The reason they gave was that there were no more exactly like mine in the warehouse and it would take almost a week before any more came in. They never asked me, but I was quite happy. No more hassles, no more problems, no extra charges. I was left feeling pretty satisfied overall, and quite impressed with the way they handled it.

This is not my way of advertising some business venture, or saying these people are perfect. I'm just telling you what happened to me. What you make of it is up to you.

Acercracked cover at hinge

I purchased an Acer Aspire with an extended warranty. The case has recently cracked where the hinge is. The company says the warranty doesn't cover accidents. This was not caused by an accident, but from opening and closing the computer. It probably would have cracked sooner, but I rarely ever used the laptop ( I worked from my desktop) until recently. I went online to find a repair shop and found that this is a common problem with Acer (cracking at the hinge). The company also says that they do not cover manufacturer's defects. I have written to all kinds of consumer advocacy to help with this problem. My warranty expires in June of 2009. I just want the computer repaired.

• Wa
              waqarswed Jun 23, 2010

same thing happened to me, it cracked just after 8 months and they said it was due to accident which is not true at all because 2 of my univ fellows bought the same model and they faced the same problem, i hate acer to the core now.
              plz if u guys know how to fix this problem let me know, i have not closed the laptop for more than 6 months now :(

• Ha
              Harsha Mar 09, 2009

Even I am facing the same problem, I bought Acer Asire series, The hinge broke soon after 15 months and thats the quality of materials they use. When I approached the service center they asked me to pay 8000 rs towards the replacement of the hinge. Even my DVD ROM stopped functioning from the 13th month. for both to get repaired I will have to spend atleast 10-12K, if i invest 5 k more i will get a new laptop. BUt my concern is i bought this low quality laptop paying 45000RS. I did not wanted to pay or not in a position to shell out all mty earnings on this laptop. Please suggest me with the remedy.

• Ge
              george atalla Dec 22, 2008

I have a laptop Acer 9410 and the hinges are cracked. I called Acer and they refuse to get it repaired because the warranty has expired even though it’s a common problem. Other customers have repaired it for free but Acer said that it is going to cost me 449$ for the repairs. My laptop cost me 700$
              I thing Acer they are not doing a good job and they are not honouring there product.
              Please give me suggestions
              Thanks

Acer Aspireawful experience

I own around 10 laptops for my business of various makes and have used various makes of laptops over the years such as Hp, fujitsu, Asus, compaq, dell and going back to the IBM thinkpads many years ago and i have not had many problems with any of them. This is the first and LAST ACER, I have to say this is the poorest quality one i have ever had in the 10 or so years i have owned laptops it feels cheap, looks cheap and yes it was cheap lesson learned i will spend a few more quid next time. It developed a fault with the screen after only 4 months the screen developed lines down it, its hardly used this one because its quite slow. Phoned ACER first question they asked was had i paid for extra warranty when i told them no they informed me it was down to it being dropped or something being put on top of it or i must have left a pen on the keyboard, which is not what happened the lines just appeared as someone was working on it and got worse. They said i could send it back and they would charge me £41 to collect it and around £200 to repair it the thing only cost me £250. If you want cheap and cheerful then this is the one. But when it fails beware of the warranty it is not worth anything and the customer service staff are extremely arrogant. Out of all the laptops i have had and used ASUS are the best my current one A6000 i have had for nearly 2 years its traveled all over the world with me, had a problem with the keyboard recently, they came collected and i had it back within 5 days thats what you call service.

• Jw
                jwcragun Sep 28, 2012

i went to your store at 5051 east bonanza andbought my wife a nootbook acer aspire
                for our 27th annavirsy be for i could give it to her a had a hartattack and forgot about it till july i then took my wife out for dinner and gave her the nootbook i bought for $469.99 she was so happy becase she nad been wanting one for a long time we turned it on i told her we would make thr recovery disks first then she could start useing it but it came up wanting a pass word to contunewe never could get past that point took it back to your kamart store lust wanted to exchange it fir one that had not been used before and i even to pay extra for a better one if thay did not have the same one instock i was told i was 1 day over the 30 day exchange so thay would not make it right thay did not care i had been in the hospital fighting for my life and told me it was my problem now and get out of there store i will not ever shop at kmart or sears ever agine un less this is taken care of myname is jerry cragun can be reched at [protected] and i am in the market for a secend 40 inch tv like the one i got at the same time i got the notebook now i gess i will have to buy at wall mart for now on and i will tell all my friends how your store scrowed me over an dnot to shop at your stores becase the customer dose not come first i fell that your coustumer service sucks

• To
                Tom Lovejoy May 18, 2011

I purchased an Acer Aspire M5201 desktop and used it for a bit over a year and had hard drive failure out of warranty. Contacted Acer tech support once new hard drive installed because restore disks were Vista 32 bit and the system came with Vista 64 bit installed to access all the memory. Explained to them that system came with 64 bit per-installed which they said could not be (my receipt shows 64 bit), they escalated to level 2 and they said I need to buy the 64 bit disks! ACER IS A RIPOFF! Buy from a reputable company that backs their product.

Anup.A Sep 13, 2010

I bought Acer Aspire 4520 2years back. In between I faced many problems. It hangs up during the boot up screen, when i gave it to the service centre, they charged me Rs.3000 and said that they have changed graphic card and they told that it is temprory solution and will not last for a long time. Hinges of this laptop is also very weak, it got broke up recently

• Ne
                nemesis101 Mar 12, 2010

This computer, despite gentle use, split across the left hand hinge... This caused the screen to torque, so that it now appears white... I was horrified to find, when I googled for a solution, that very very many people have experienced the identical problem. Why has Acer not recalled these machines or at least offered some assistance?

They even have the unmitigated gall to CHARGE 60 dollars just to report the problem to them. They suggested I could have used a web enabled chat system (India most likely!) but how, when the damned screen is blank one wonders???

Please, will some legal eagle contemplate a class action - there seem to be hundreds of victims of this company's shoddy manufacturing?

• St
                Stacie37 Nov 09, 2009

I hate my Acer Aspire laptop and their customer service is crappy when is there is some. My computer stopped working about 7 months after I bought it, and have been fighting with them ever since to fix. I bought my piece of ### from Best Buy and all they keep telling me is that they can do nothing for me until the warranty is up on this piece of ### computer before their extra warranty that I bought from them will kick in. So now my laptop is being returned to me from Acer because of all the hasle I told them to send it back to me, so now Best Buy can deal with it, and they had better do something for me.

• Ju
                JulieHolton Aug 24, 2009

I bought an acer aspire less then 6 months ago, the battery started getting hot and i would have to shut it down so it would cool. The battery would get hot within 2 hours of turning it on, and never would show 100% charged. While using it one day I started smelling burning wire smell and immediatly shut it down, when I picked it up it shocked my left hand, thats when I noticed that the plastic cover on the battery was cracked on the left side. When I turned it on the next day my screen was a split screen, a computer tech I know told me the crack was from the battery over heating and that I had a bad battery, the split screen was also caused by the battery over heating, he said the left side is where the graphics card is located. This person is also an acer dealer, he said my warranty should cover it. I tried to go online to acers online service, and the web site does not work, I called the service line, only to be told it was my fault the battery was bad, and I would have to pay $190.00 to fix it, the warranty does not cover damages that are my fault. This jerk told me I over charged the battery, bull crap, I never charged it for more then 8 hrs. Acer company is crooked, I guess you get what you pay for.

• Ro
                rod lewis 2009 Jul 06, 2009

my accer is being attcacked by hp and microsoft reducing the vista register.
                from home premium to home basic.
                they use the same system the Seattle police department uses for there cars it's listed in you browser as hp setup and microsoft uses the ultimate download that does not star effect until your computer restarts the next day. they eat like a digitial cookie monster, and may have destroyed many laptop computers, including mac's the usa should provide protection for consumers against the mad men at microsoft.
                rod lewis 2009

Acer America Corp — bad products/service

In mid-August of 2007 I purchased an Acer laptop from Circuit City in Wayne, NJ. The laptop came with a 1...

Acer Notebook — cashback scam

Cashback SCAM I entered the following on and Acer feedback form. Who knows if they care. But, let it be a...

Acerdon't buy from acer

This is my complaint I sent into Acer about my laptop. My laptop was an Acer Aspire 9410. "This isn't much of a question, more of a complaint about my Acer. I bought my laptop a couple years ago, maybe less, for a little over $1000. I expected to get a topnotch laptop for that price, and all it has done is break down on me time and time again. While I still had my laptop under warranty I had to get the battery plug-in fixed and the mouse fixed. Now that it is not under warranty anymore it seems my laptop has crapped the bed. The first thing that went wrong was the battery. It does not work at all and if I were to unplug it for more then 5 minutes, the laptop would shut off and I would need to reboot it. Then the screen also doesn't work as it seems one of the pegs in the laptop hinge opened up so now the screen doesn't work and it makes it very difficult to close. Also the plug-in for the charger is now having problems, yet again. Also the mouse is having problems clicking yet again. So now I have a pile of junk laptop that doesn't work at all, and now I am told my laptop is out of warranty and would need to pay upwards of $400. A laptop should not just break down that easily from general use. I was just me opening it and then closing it once a day, nothing excessive. I am very disappointed with Acer and if I am to be buying another laptop it will definitely not be from Acer again."

• Ha
                  Hannes du Buisson Feb 15, 2010

Had a similar problem with the same Acer Laptop. Guess what, I have put a piece of masking tape on the brand name Acer. So when people ask me why I'm doing it, I tell them to NEVER EVER buy an Acer Laptop and I tell them how poor the service of Acer, South Africa is . I regularly attend meetings and workshops with influential people in decision making capacities and am proud to say that I have at least stopped two huge orders for Acer Laptops! I will continue to tell whoever that wants to listen to NOT buy Acer Laptops. Mine is still not sorted out, but I have no intention of taking it back as it is a nightmare dealing with those two companies.

• Ya
                  yap ching wee Dec 22, 2009

I also bought a new acer laptop on sunday and when I call the Technical Support and I told him the problem of the driver which he told me to locate a BIO file and I follow his instruction by key in BIO for search.

After 5 to 6 time of trying I still can't locate the BIO file, so I decide to look at the file in "C' drive-Program and finally located the file. To my surprise, he told me that you can't locate the file like this and you must use the windows start button and to the program folder and scold me not following his instruction. I told him windows start button is just a shortcut to the file. You still can access the file from "C' drive and I wanted to speak to your supervisior. He slammed the phone down on me and I call back, but nobody is picking up the call anymore. The company are highly unprofessional and this is my last laptop with acer.

• Af
                  Afrodaesia Aug 18, 2009

Hi, I have an Acer and I'm happy with it, because I did a lot of research before buying a laptop. It's true, there are a few things that did not work exactly as they advertise:
                  -the battery only lasts for 45 minutes(I have this laptop since March 2008)
                  -when the battery is almost empty, before I have the chance to plug it, I see a black screen for a couple of seconds, then the image is restored, but somehow my internet connection isn't working and I have to restart the computer
                  -after only an hour of use, the laptop get extremely hot, although I use an external cooler(a support with 3 coolers)

Overall, I'm happy with it, because...what laptop works perfect?!?I haven't seen any to work smooth, so far! I chose this particular company in spite of Dell, because I love the shape of the laptop, the good quality of the monitor and the proprietary software they provide!

• Db
                  dboone11 Mar 24, 2009

I have the exact same laptop my right hinge is broken and the left one is starting to give out. I too have had to replace the battery plug-in and half the time my mouse doesn't work with the scroll feature. These computers are a piece of crap.

Acerdo not buy acer laptops

I bought a Aspire laptop in April, 2007, it gave me the "blue screen of death" twice in 11 months - Acer did not honor their warranty ( I guess they are good at this). I contacted the Texas Better Business Bureau, filed a complaint... Acer has agreed to a mediation session over my complaint. (I had to pay a small fee to the BBB). Good news, Acer is trying to get into the BBB, and needs to clean up their act. SO, I WOULD ADVISE ALL OF YOU WHO ARE PISSED AT ACER, OR HAVE BEEN SCREWED BY THEIR CRAPPY COMPUTERS to file a complaint. You may get heard!!

• Tt
                    ttackett Sep 17, 2011

I bought my Acer Aspire back in the spring of 2011 and I have had nothing but problems with it the computer keeps shutting me down for no apparent reason and when I am playing a game on Facebook it bumps me out in the middle of the game the screen also goes from big to small when I am not even touching it I would never ever by another Acer brand computer again I also tell everyone I know never to bu one it was a waste of my money,

• Av
                    avista70 Jul 13, 2010

I'm a Taiwanese who lives in both Taipei and Los Angeles. When I returned to my apartment in Taipei, I decided to buy an Acer in support of a Taiwanese company. Guess what - STUPID MISTAKE

I bought an Acer all-in-one desktop, got it home, turned in on and realized that there's a bad pixel (displaying the wrong color) - imagine how irritable that is whenever you turn on your computer. Well, I called the distributor who says Acer considers a defective screen as one that has three or more bad pixels. I called Acer and they said the same thing.

Clearly Acer does not strive to be perfect and couldn't care less about their customers - can you imagine not being able to return a product like this in the US?

Acer - what a disgrace...shame on you. DO NOT BUY AN ACER. I WOULD NEVER BUY AN ACER AGAIN IN MY LIFE.

• Ao
                    aosmith May 28, 2010

I'm a freelance dev, and have owned several acer poducts. Their netbook support was spotty at best, and their monitor support is even worse. I purchased a somewhat defective monitor from them and had to pay return shipping only to receive a similarly bad unit. Don't buy their products.

• Ya
                    yap ching wee Dec 22, 2009

macuser2000 May 18, 2009

Buying from a company like Acer is a risk, because there is a reasonable chance you could get a peice of crap, and receive little or no compensation. I took the risk and got their netbook. It shut off randomly more and more frequently until I stopped putting it in a certain bag. I don't know what was wrong with that bag, but the laptop didn't like it. Now, the laptop is perfectly reliable, I have taken it apart, upgraded memory, and I am typing this report right now, with this laptop. So, go head and buy Acer, but ask Google for his opinion first.

• Precious2g6 Mar 28, 2009

I have had my laptop for 6 months now and I too go through the same thing, everytime I call I am told to f1o something or whatever its called, I am a college student I cant afford to have everything erased everytime something goes wrong I have so many papers on here I would die if i lose them, that leaves me stuck paying best buy geek squad 200 dollars to back up everything on a disk ( which i am learning to do myself since this happens sooo much) . I keep complaining just send me the box to send it back in and they keep saying next time... i mean wtf next time lol I have got 3 next times lol bad enough I cant understand them they are nooo help, but on my budget I brought this through my financial aid at school... I am finding out life sucks as a student when you have ot settle for companies like Arrons and whoever owns Acer... and believe me i am not paying for them to fix this, if it break sone more time and they wont take it can you say lawer or money back I have a warranty -.-

Acer Desktopfaulty computer & poor customer service

Today, I decided that trying to get this desktop fixed by Acer is a lost cause. I've had a problem with this computer since purchasing it a year ago from Best Buy. This is my history with this product and I hope it is helpful to others. This computer was purchased on 6/29/07.

1) Within two months after purchase, the computer would power down and turn off and restart on its own. Then one day it powered down and would not come back on so I took it back to Best Buy on 8/24/07 for repair. After 15 days of purchase the computer cannot be exchanged at Best Buy so they sent it out to be fixed. The Motherboard and Power Supply were replaced.

2) After this last repair the computer began to freeze up, sounded very noisy and error messages began to appear. The computer was taken back to Best Buy on 9/15/07. Best Buy disassembled the unit and inspected it and "reloaded, restored, repaired" the software for the unit.

3) The computer then began to freeze up not too long after it came back. Sometimes it would freeze up immediately when turned on after getting to the welcome screen and other times I would be working on the computer and it would freeze up. On 11/2/07 I took the computer back to Best Buy. The hard drive was replaced.

4) A few weeks later the computer began to freeze up again and I lost internet connection. I decided to deal directly with Acer and contacted them by phone to relay this lengthy history. I sent the computer out via FedEx on my own dime because they wouldn't pay for it. They received the unit on 11/28/07. The computer came back two days later and the defective modem was replaced. Wasn't long after that I realized that the computer had the same problems. The holidays, life, work and everything else happened. I secured a laptop from work to use and pretty much gave up on it.

5) At the start of June 2008 I thought I would give it one last try before the warranty from Acer expired. The computer went out to Acer and came back on 7/3/08. The computer was turned on and immediately froze up. I contacted Acer immediately and they said that Best Buy needed to repair the hard drive and the problem was not with them. The customer service agent also said some pretty ridiculous and contradictory things.

In summary, Best Buy has less than mediocre customer service but I expected much more out of Acer. Besides the obvious of having a broken computer, there is a very long wait time to get through to customer service via telephone...in some cases 20-30 minutes. I requested to speak to a manager and the last representative I spoke to said that there are no managers available and just customer service reps available. A lot of personal time has been wasted trying to get a product working that was never really used. Imagine having to take my computer to Best Buy each time, wait in line and describe the problem over and over again. Imagine having to tell the same story to Acer, over and over again, after being on hold for a long time. Imagine the frustration of just giving up after repeatedly expecting that the unit would be repaired. I've decided to copy this complaint to any and every consumer blog that I can find. If Best Buy or Acer would like to resolve this problem they know how to find me just use your technology. Resolve at this point means a brand new computer which is nothing compared to my frustration. After I finish blogging I’ll send a letter to both companies with all of the sites in which I’ve posted my complaints.

• He
                      Hesham Z. Jun 25, 2011

We had very bad experience with Acer America. In one month after we bought the computer from Walmart .The Monitor went bad and Acer refused to fix it. We had done nothing but normal in house use. They want to charge us more than 60% the cost of the computer not mention our cost to ship it back to Texas. Never buy again any Acer products or from Walmart. I am taking them to court so they can respect the customer.

Acer Computerservice center boycott & late response

Hi PIC,

I bought a computer on November 2007 from Acer Computer Singapore Pte Ltd.

Within 5 months the computer is having hardware problems and tried to call their service hotline but there was never any responses for over 2 months.

They replied my case via email but is always a few days later and boycotted the appointment without prior notice on 14 Jun 2008 (today), jeoperdizing my other appointments.

Please look into the issue and take necessary actions.

CaseID: [protected]
                    Serial: U671535

Regards,
                    Mr. Foo

joseph11 Jun 16, 2009

I have very bad experience with ACER with regards to their customer service
                        or technical support.

I bought a new desktop and use it for barely about 7 months then a problem
                        came up.

The problem was that the PC would hang halfway while using. Tried to
                        restart the pc and the screen went blank while the hardware is running.
                        Called up ACER and after trouble shooting, they decide to send an engineer
                        to repair. The engineer came and said that the contacts between the
                        graphics card and motherboard was oxidised. So he used an eraser and did
                        some rubbing. Well thankfully this works fine.

Unfortunately, the pc started to hang after 4 months of low usage. Called
                        up ACER and the customer service's attitude was poor. An appointment with
                        the engineer was made. The engineer came and said that motherboard had some
                        problems and decided to replace it. He tested it and it was fine and left.
                        But after one hour, the pc started to hang once again. Called up ACER and
                        they said that I should do a system restore back to factory settings and
                        suggested using the Alt F10. Too bad, the pc hangs halfway while doing it.
                        The customer service then said that the earliest appointment would be next
                        week. Therefore I have to wait for another week before an engineer came to
                        fix the problem.

The engineer came the next week and this time, he said that the motherboard
                        was faulty once again and replace it once again. He left and this time,
                        guess what. Oh the pc hangs again after one hour. Called up ACER again,
                        immediately they called up the engineer and said that the engineer would
                        call me later. The engineer called and asked about the problems, he said
                        not to bother about doing anything as the hard disk is faulty. And he would
                        come in the evening to change it. Evening came and he came to replace the
                        hard disk. Oh how great it was, I was thinking, this should fixed the
                        problem. OH MY GOD, the pc can only be used for one hour again. And the
                        customer service is closed for the day.

Called up ACER the next day, Saturday, and they arrange for the engineer to
                        come on Monday. So hopefully the engineer is going to fixed the problem once and for all.
                        Another engineer came and said that he would bring the pc back to the service centre to do the repair.
                        One week later, he brought back the pc and it was working fine. After 10 days, the pc hangs again.

My overall experience is terrible. Could you imagine how long I have to be
                        on the phone to solve this problem? How many times of happiness and sadness
                        that I have to go through? How many times do I have to call up ACER to fix
                        the problem? How many restarting and waiting of the pc do I have to do?
                        Just not sure, how long do ACER need to fix the problem? This is a total
                        waste of time and resources on both me and ACER. I think, they are just delaying the problem
                        and wait for the warranty to end.

My advise for all: Although ACER has got good value for money products and
                        relatively cheaper than others on the market. Consider really hard before paying for trouble as the
                        customer service and technical support is so much poorer as compared to
                        others.

A very disappointed ACER user...

• Pa
                        panda Jun 08, 2009

I bought an Acer laptop in Spring of 2008 but one day, while i was charging my laptop while surfing the internet, I suddenly smelled plastic burning & thought it was coming from outside of the house, then my finger accidentally touched the connection between the pin & the adaptor plug, it was so hot that i got burned & realized my laptop literally caught on fire although i only see smokes while witnessing the melting part of the case around the pin & a burned hole was formed. Looking back, I was extremely lucky because I was physically there to take in control of the situation and quickly unplug the power supply & shut down the laptop computer & actually placed in an empty room worrying if it was going to catch a serious fire or even explosion. I have immediately contacted Acer's Tech Support & they did manage to send a courier to pick up & took bit ack for evaluation. However, when I called & complained, I told them I either want my money back or at least a new replacement unit because obviously the unit was either a defected unit or a poorly made unit. However, after the evaluation, they sent the same laptop back with no explanation & simply stated 3 parts were changed (the case that was burned through, the pin and the fan) & actually accused me of pressing the LCD screen(???). After numerous of calls to their Service 2 Tech Support & finally got escalated to Corporate Customer Care today, Betsy still refused to issue me an apology letter nor willing to simply replace the defected (poorly made) unit. ACER should be ashamed of themselves. Who in their right mind is going to use that same laptop again knowing only 3 small parts have been replaced. How can anyone in their right minds to use the same laptop while only 3 simply parts were replaced... There was no explanation or an apology letter or a Re-assurance Letter to state that their product has been re-certified and deemsed SAFE to use. None of that was demonstrated. Acer obviously has no shame & doesn't step up & admit their computer quality control has failed them badly. Acer is using its customers as ginny pigs because they said.. "why don't you try using it & if "IT" happens again, call us back". - Therefore, BE AWARE... be VERY aware if you should choose to buy an Acer product. They do not care nor take any responsibility and their service after you bought their products... you can just forget about it.. WHAT SERVICE? there was NONE! They just don't care enough. SAD & this company should be boycotted

Acer Notebook — defective lcd screen

In November of 2007 I purchased a Acer Aspire notebook with Windows Vista Home. Which really sucks by the way...

ACER AM5620terrible quality product

I purchased ACER AM5620 – E1204A in December 23 2007. After I connected I started to discover problems, new-year eve first weeks January, i partially ignored problem, (blinking monitors, turn on and off by itself in sec-two intervals) In the first week of February I called Future Shop, Broadway Vancouver BC and ask if I can bring computer for repair. They took computer returned me back after 3 MONTHS with similar problem, not fix one plus DVD is not working and additional to that, instead of 3 GB memory I have now 2 GB!!

I just now, called Future shop again, and spoke to Manager Peter OG from computer department, he was not friendly i must say, and he offered me that i can bring computer back but there will be some diagnostic charges. Diagnostic charges?!?! For the computer that I didn’t use at all and paid $800+ !!! I didn’t know what to say except “Peter, you just lost one of your customers” He answered “It is fine with me”

My question is what kind of customer care that is?

I’m speechless!

JohnHem Oct 04, 2008

Boss Hogg is incorrect. I am a tech lead at a Future Shop and am sad that you were treated this way. Some facts:

1) Future Shop is authorized to service Acer desktops in the first year of warranty. Acer laptops need to be repaired directly by Acer. FS cannot even ship them for you.
                          2) There are no diagnostic fees while a warranty exists on the unit; UNLESS: 1) No fault found. 2) Software issues.(Note: These are almost never enforced by keep in mind that they are there.)
                          3) You can escalate past a tech lead to a Department manager and then to the store manager. I encourage you to do so.

CHris Jul 31, 2008

you bought an acer. What do you expect lol. You get what you pay for. Now insults aside. Acer has stringent rules of engagement that refuse them to even touch the thing for you during first years waranty. If you did not buy PSP they can't do anything except ship it to them for you. The manager was just doing what he was legally able to do. It's also your own fault for not bringing up the issues the minute it first happened.

Acerdead battery

My Acer laptop, Aspire [protected], which is 5 months old, just had the battery go dead. I do not use it on battery power but it is always on anyway. When it went dead I was on ac power and it shut me down and would not allow me to reboot. I finally removed the battery and was able to boot it up again. Now I have an expensive battery-paperweight and a large empty hole in my computer. Why would the battery last only 5 months???

• La
                            Laksha Bhatia Nov 09, 2008

Hi,

I m a very upset customer with the way I was treated by ur staff.
                            I bought a acer aspire laptop 5310 on 1st October 2007.(SN. LXAH20CO167341F83A1601).

I m facing issue with the battery as it drains out in 10 minutes.
                            ON 25TH SEPTEMBER 2008, I called you Customer service [protected]. I was told that in 5 working days a technician will be sent at my place and I was assured that as I m calling within the warranty period, the battery will be replace free of cost.
                            But unfortunately no one came to replace the battery. After that I called multiple times and no one helped.
                            I will not pay for the battery cost as i called within warranty period.

I was very happy with acer prior to this experience.
                            I had recommended 4 of my friends to buy acer.
                            Now if I dont get the battery replaced free of cost, i have made up my mind to lodge a complaint.
                            I have my cousin working with newspaper and she has suggested to share my experience and write an article abt my experience.

If i dont get help I will be forced to take a step.
                            Can you help me?

Acer Computersscreen problems

Bought an Acer laptop for my son in April 2007, by November the LCD screen was broken, all blue - sent it back for repair at my own cost, now it is is April 2008, and screen is going again - no help for customer service - could not find any record of computer or serial number ! What a crock - what to do with this company - substandard product and does not stand behind their product. Circuit City is not better - they are pushing this computer - then won't assist as well - stay away from both !!

• Pa
                              Paul Apr 28, 2008

We bought an Acer at Staples in December $499 plus tax
                              After 2 months the screen failed

We contacted Acer customer service
                              They gave us a return authorization

We sent it to Texas for repair

Here is their response:

Dear Valued Customer,

This letter is in reference to system serial number referenced above:

Unit has been determined by our Level II tech that notebook is with cracked screen is not a manufacture defect.
                              Therefore, payment required to complete repair is $649.00USD + tax.

Acer’s out of warranty charges for a cracked LCD are as follows:
                              $649.00 for repair of cracked LCD only
                              $999.00 for more than two major components (includes an LCD)

Unit will return unrepaired by 05.02.08 should we not hear from regarding this
                              matter.

Please call [protected] and reference service id: 1-3CTTAP .

Customer Solution Interface
                              1394 Eberhardt Rd.
                              Temple TX 76502
                              [protected]

We will never buy another ACER and would advise NO one to ever buy one of their products

Acer America Corporation — horrible customer service

Laptop keyboard defective. "S" and "D" keys don't work. Had computer 1 day and they won't pay...

Acer Aspire 5050-3371customer service

On Jan.7, 2008 our laptop began making random sounds, within 10 minutes the screen went blank and the DVD loader shut off. Power remained. On attempted restart, the screen wouldn't stay up past Acer page. Further F2 and F12 attempts revieled less and less time to solve issue. Asked 30 yr. experienced programmer to look it over. Jan 31, 2008 - laptop has main board and harddrive burnout. It's still under warranty for 7 days. Call Acer. They give service number and packing instructions. Which inlude, DO NOT SEND BATTERY. Sent Feb.1, 2008.
                            Wrapped in three layers bubble wrap and taped closed then placed in box, also tapped closed. Sent Fed - Ex. Feb. 11, 2008 computer arrives home. Hook - Up determines problems still exist. Same problems plus. Call Acer who, before we begin to discuss issue inform us that our warranty is up. Tec reads log from service # and tells us that Acer says harddrive was not in the computer when it arrived. Main Board replaced with referbished board. Will e-mail Service Dept. Temple, TX. Should hear something next day. Feb.12, 2008. Call Acer and are passed between two people who insist harddrive did not arrive. New hard drive and recovery and system disks purchased and paid for plus overnight and insured. Arrives Feb.13, 2008.Contents opened and verified. Set aside till Saturday, Feb 16th,2008. Opened bottom of laptop to insert harddrive and discover missing bracket and screw as well. Carefully insert harddrive and turn over to insert disks. Attempt to follow instructions only same problems still exists. Cannot load disks. Hooked up separate moniter and same issue occured. Called # for second extended warranty through Wal-Mart. They said they would send packaging and instructions to us and we should send everything to them. This will go out tomorrow Feb.23,2008. Acer has not only lost our buisness, but that of both my sister- in laws, who have put the word out to their families, ect.... Acer, you lose.

• Ae
                                AEV Jan 23, 2009

I bought an Acer in the summer of '07 (aspire 5050 series). After a few days I began to notice that I had to giggle the cord to get it to charge properly. I thought there might be a short in the cord, so when I had the time I took it to a near by computer store to have them check it out. The problem wasn't the cord, it was the adapter (where the cord plugs in) and the cord had actually been partially burnt and melted because it had overheated.

• Ti
                                tish Jun 03, 2008

Same thing happened to my laptop. Mine did it after having it for a few months. They did fix it but I still had to pay $20 in shipping.
                                I won't buy one again either.

Acer Laptopfaulty dvd drive!

I bought an Acer aspire laptop [protected]. It's inexpensive but unless you buy more memory it won't run. The dvd drive doesn't work at all. Acer is aware of this but not fixing it. If you spend your money to mail it to them they will try to fix it. I've heard horror stories about that. avoid ACER [protected] no matter how cheap with or without refunds.

christine mulhearn Feb 12, 2008

I completly agree Acer is the most HORRIFIC place to deal with they treat there customers like DIRT!! I have had a night mare with a laptop i bought my daughter for christmas that already the back light went out they do not back up there product at all i have called then every day several times a day they hang up on me they wont let me speak to a manger they say they are told not to put any call through to a manager that they do not accept calls I have gotten no were with this company it a shame what that have done to me!!!

Acer Aspire 5610-2273defective computer

I bought the computer the end of February 2007.Immediately there were problems in that it shuts down & you can not re-start until it cools down then it only runs for a few minutes & shuts down again. We started by calling the help line as I thought perhaps it was something I was not doing. However it continued & we soon realized we had bought a faulty machine. We have sent it for repairs I think 3 perhaps 4 times with absolutely no satisfaction what so ever. We wait for it's return only to have it work for a day or so then it's back to shutting down. I think they do not read the attached notes or just try different things. They have replaced the insides & are now starting to replace what's been replaced. If they can not fix it replace it as we have asked over & over again each time we send it for repairs. When we call the help line they have no supervisors to speak with but just keep telling us to send it for repairs that do not work.I am very disappointed with the computer, repair depot, & help line. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

• Vi
                                    vinod Jul 18, 2008

i have acer aspire 4710 its serial number is lxahr0c01072de2000
                                    the problem i have got is that its LCD screen show [censored]e blank every time turn it on.
                                    could you please refer me to the nearest acer help center.
                                    you can give me a call at [protected]