Acer / acer aspire 6930g laptop

I November 2008 i purchased the acer aspire 3960g from the carphone warehouse on the mobile broadband package for £40 per month.First off when i got it home the dongle was unable to connect to the laptop, (luckily we also have home broad band and another laptop). I installed my anti virus and ran a scan before i got stuck in, 9 TROJANS!!! where did they come from? On clearing them i thought i'd enjoy it, but instead there have been problems after problems. My connection kept slowing down and it kept asking me to open in a different time zone. Any way we are now in the middle of january and on finally getting through to acer they told me that i could reset the pc back to factory settings and that would clear the viruses, and that they would send me an email of instructions of how to change the settings to put me in the right time zone which would in turn put my keyboard keys back in the correct place.STILL WAITING!!! Speaking of keys the letter U keeps popping out, that started about 2 hours after opening the box.Unfortunately because it is a bundle package i didn't have the pleasure of the 14 day exchange. I have spoken now to some very clued up tech guys who have told me that looking through the problems that i have had, the main being the TROJANS and every one coming up acer gamezone suggests that this was built in to the hard drive attached to gamezone.If its not then why when you go back to factory settings and even do a scan in safe mode does it allways come back the same 9 TROJANS ACER GAMEZONE and ACER arcade all the dates are listed from, actually from before i got it! I did try to play a game on acer g zone but it just kept resetting itself, flickering and going back to my main home screen. I tried to register my pc but the SN was not recognized there is nothing more i can do! I cannot take it back to the shop, and i cannot get a straight answer or even any of acer 9-5 tech support to answer the phone. SO WHAT DO I DO? WHAT CAN I DO? If i stop paying for it thats a mark on my credit rating plus interest charges on summons'. There is no way i am gonna send it of to be refurbished as i have been there with other itens and they come back worse than they were when they were sent off. HELP!!!

D  28th of Feb, 2009 by
Firstly, if you not too sure about using a computer fully I.E. your not up to reformatting it yourself then really you should have taken out a contract with the tech guys as they would have had to resolve your issue.

Secondly just because your AV reports a trojan, doesn't mean that it is a trojan, as it is only monitored for the activity it is performing, and leading your AV to think its a trojan. A company as large as acer wouldn't let a virus get into your system upon installing it or i'm sure they'd have hundreds of reports of it.

Personally, I believe if your going to get a laptop, get a laptop dont try and get a free one, as they are free and (not always) are not going to be built as quality as they should be. If you want a laptop go have one built, if you want mobile broadband, go get mobile broadband. Surely you can't be too annoyed, as the item was after all what CPW called 'free', so when you have too many problems their response would be 'well it was free'.

Acer America Corporation Logo Acer America Corporation