Acer / Aspire 5570z / Faulty laptop, faulty customer service!

I bought an Acer laptop less than 4 weeks ago. Their initial problem i had was my internet connection that kept on logging in and out by itself, i called Acer several times but still have not rectified it. To my uttermost dismay, i switch my laptop on one day and the screen went blank, i had to send it to Acer only to be told there is liquid spillage on the computer, though i have no kid at home and i am very sure i didn't spill anything on it. The service i received was so bad, the acer staff were so dismissive, they insisted it was from my end, and they had to send it back or i pay for the repair(over half the amount i bought the laptop) immediately. I am so surprised at this and will and can never buy an Acer product again!!!

Comments

• Ha
      5th of Oct, 2007

My keyboad does not wamt to wrk. Suggetsions?

• Pa
      3rd of Dec, 2007

i bought acer aspire 5570z series laptop four mounths back.now it having the DVD writer problem... the DVD drive will not write the DVD... but it will write the CD

• Dr
      31st of Dec, 2007

My acer laptop died and I sent it in for repair they sent me the same bogus claim of a Liquid Spillage. These people are fraudulent and I will never buy an acer product again. They probably poured liquid in there on there end just to seal the deal. I totally hate that company. We all need to file a class action suit

• Mi
      11th of Feb, 2008

I am glad i found this board because you guys complaints help me steer clear of the acer laptop i almost bought.

3rd of Mar, 2008

I Have A Aspire 5570Z In Which I Recivied A Hellofa Deal For...Only Minor Problems So Far...Easily Fixed By Myself But Have Been Worrysome...I Will Come Back And Talk Some ### About Them If I Ever Run Into Problems...

21st of Apr, 2008

I bought my acer aspire 5570z in August of 2007. In December the hard drive completely died. So I bought a new hard drive and installed XP...not only would Acer not give me support, the drivers on their site are BS and do not work. I was almost talked into buying the $150 acer restore disk...but The CD for windows anytime upgrade in the box works just fine if u use the product key from the bottom of the machine.
    I ended up reinstalling Vista and AGAIN the hard drive completely crashed, I couldn't even get data off of it.
    Summary:
    Acer and Vista suck. Acer does not give support for non-visa instillations, puts people on hold for 45 minutes only to transfer you after 5 minutes, and if you DO instal vista they tell you it is a problem with the operating system and to call microsoft.

• Do
      11th of May, 2008

I have the aspire 5570z, when i bought it in august 07 it had Vista on it. Some of my cabinet programs did not work on Vista, so I had XP installed. Nothing but problems since. Call Acer in May for Vista restore disk, NO COST. The tech was very helpful, mailed out disk that day. Also suggestted he send me a new battery and power cord at no cost. I will buy another acer in the near future for my son. Stop complaining about your inability to get along with people.

• Ke
      16th of May, 2008

I purchased a 5570z back in March of 07, and I am having a problem, everytie I turn on my laptop it make a whirrrring noise for about25 to 30 seconds? I do not know what the problem is but I am going to call acer and see where I must take it to have it repaired by an acer distrubitor.

3rd of Jun, 2008

i bought this model of acer aspire 5570z a few months ago...& to my bad luck i din use it for even one day properly...i installed a 4.6 GB game in it, & as usually i was playing the game suddenly the game got hanged & a blue screen appeared in front of me stating"PHYSICAL DUMP OF MEMORY"!!!...& the computer got shut down.Then i switched it on...& to ma surprise it was constantally loading Ms XP.but didn't show the desktop...i formatted it & took it to ma nearest acer service center which stated that a service pack 1 needed for the laptop is not installed &its configurations are also not ok...& they didn't do anything for ma laptop...& i refused to agree with the cost... as the cost of insatlling all that service ### will go upto Rs.5000...man!!! wat should i do????...neva buy a acer product again...its ma advice n a humble request...

• Ge
      26th of Jun, 2008

My faience bought me a new ACER computer for my birthday 11 months ago.
    What a wonderful gift --- UNFORTUNATELY IT"S A TOTAL LEMON.

I've had nothing but problems with it. As of today it's going in for it's THRIRD
    repair for the same exact thing --- fans that go fast and out of control with lots of noise.
    So slow my old computer is even better, it makes clicking sounds, has major trouble
    shutting down --- the list is endless.

I expected help from ACER but found they DO NOT stand behind products, are not
    helpful in anyway, shape or form. They won't even consider giving me a new computer,
    they only "repair" and never, ever give money back for a bad product. The service tech's
    are not allowed to give corporate headquarters phone number out, they give a PO BOX
    number where you can write a note of complaint. When asked for a manager or someone
    higher up to speak to they are not able to resolve anything, it's an endless circle of
    no resolution.

Now I dread getting the computer back this third time. ----- How do you like that for a great birthday present?

• Th
      11th of Jul, 2008

they just took a dump in a box and marked it gauranteed

acer laptops suck so bad i bought one for school back in sept 07 and its nothing but bulsht the power pin broke out then when i sent it in for repair i got it back empower technology was gone and now i cant use my sd card there tech support told me to do a system recovery but for some reason i dont have the ability ne more to do that never buy acer

2nd of Sep, 2008

Well seems like i aint the only one having problems, my daugter bout a acer she had to take first 1 back and walmart replaced with another acer and guess what same problems and her hubby gave her money to buy a tobisha and hers works wonderful now, she gave me the acer what a mistake this thing has been nothing but been problems blue screen and all who thought of this acer.Thinks the company should do a recall on these and honor there customers by replacing all who have this type of laptop, help us not avoid us

• Ke
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I as well have an acer aspire 5570z and OMG what a piece of crap. I have had nothing but problems the power pin has been broken and now for someone reason the fan is making a horrible whirring noise. This laptop is crap.

• Ze
      3rd of Sep, 2008

I bought Acer Aspire 5573 to my daughter 14 months ago. The warranty is only 12 months. This week it has stopped working. It is completely dead. The baterry is good and adapter is good but none inicator is light. In trouble shooting I found that it would be mainboard (or motherboard), but it is expensive and with service repair would cost about half of price of the laptop. And also if I would try to repair myself, I cannot find any manual repair or service.

They should stop manufacturing these laptops.

• St
      4th of Sep, 2008

I completely agree with the idea of a recall. I purchased an Acer Aspire 5570z over a year ago, and notably against my will. My first choice was a Sony Vaio, but my dad felt that it wasn't worth the asking price... if he only knew what kind of ### I would have to deal with. I have had no problems with this unit, have even enjoyed after I upped the ram to four gigs. (Vista 32 so it won't use all 4) About a week ago I was experiencing hard drive issues, awkward slowdowns, lengthen periods of time between start on and shut off, and insane transfer times when moving files. Well, I turned it on this morning and enjoyed my little BSOD episode. After reseting the system to factory settings all I could access was my documents. No start menu, no icons, nothing! Thankfully I saved all my music... now I can't even get it to post.

• Da
      13th of Sep, 2008

Anyone wishing to get some money for their faulty laptops i buy them for spares
    as i run my own repair buissness and am an acer point partner dont slate me :)

email me here David.t@inknmedia.co.uk with fault of laptop and ill get back to you with what ill pay

(paypal)

everything taken

• Pa
      7th of Oct, 2008

I purchased an Acer Aspire 5570z laptop about a year ago. it is the slowest piece of ### i have ever come across. It takes forever to load a program. The Vista OS is totally incompatable with Office 2007. It won't open Word or Excel documents on first go. It takes forever to open up Outlook. The internal wireless antenna keeps turning itself off. I think Acer have produced a real lemon and unfortunately I was a sucker.

7th of Oct, 2008

I bought an Acer Aspire AS5735-4624 1 month ago. First problems I had were when it went to sleep or power-save mode it would not wake up again without a manual reboot. Now it won't turn on at all. Tried it with the battery alone, then the power cable alone. Did a manual reboot. Left it alone for a day and prayed...

The lights blink when you push the power button. The right lights turn on when you plug it in. It just won't turn on. Dead laptop.

After reading everyone else's posts I am seriously considering just returning it instead of trying to have it repaired, while I am still in the warranty period.

• Da
      7th of Oct, 2008

My acer 5570z is perfect. I've had it for about a year. I took off vista when I got it and had xp installed on it. Works like a charm. I want to get a new battery because I really use mine alot. but no other problems.

• Ih
      9th of Oct, 2008

My Keyboard is faulty since day 1. The buttons often go into an unresponsive state where all of a sudden, characters will not be recogized with a normal button push. This is a horrific problem as all of you fast typers can imagine. I constantly have to stop my typing and press delete to go back to the point of the skipped letter(s) and then start again. Anyone else had this problem