Acai Berry (South Florida Nutrition) / Taking unauthorized money out of my account

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Do not purchase products from South Florida Nutrition. They lure you in with a $5.95 trial bottle of acai berry, but beware...there are "terms and conditions" discreetly placed on a second page (which you have to click on separatley and is not apparant) written in tiny words. I purchased the acai berry and about a month later I received a deduction of $88 from my account in addition to the $5.95. When I called the customer service number, I was told that I did not cancel my subscription in time (see above about the tiny words on the second page that I didn't know existed), therefore I would be sent a bottle every month for $88. I told them to cancel my order and to refund my money. The representative said "no problem, " and that I could just return the second bottle whenever I recieved it and they would refund the money. So then 2 days later another deduction of $94 was taken from my account. I call a second time and this time the representative kept repeating to me that my account is closed, though I'm trying to make them understand that while my account may be closed, I was still charged another $94! After almost 45 minutes on the phone, I finally get the representative to understand and she credited the money back to my account. THEN, 7 days later ANOTHER deduction of $94 is taken from my account. I call for a third time, but this time the representative tells me that because I didn't follow the "terms, " I was charged $88 for the first trial bottle (that was supposed to be $5.95) and that the new $94 was for the second bottle (that I still haven't received, by the way). I spent almost an hour on the phone with this guy who doesn't listen to a word I say, but instead keeps repeating himself like a broken record that I didn't follow the "terms and conditions." He refuses to give me documentation of our phone conversation, and worse, refuses to give me any documentation saying that my account is closed. When I ask repeatedly to speak to a superviser, he tells me "The superviser will tell you the same thing that I am, so there's no point." When I insist, he puts me on hold for 10 minutes, then comes back and says the superviser is busy and cannot speak to me. THEN, I call a forth time and speak to another representative who tells me that her company "has no record" that the additional $94 was taken out of my account, even though I fax her my bank statement with that information clearly printed on it. I am so frusterated and angry at this point. Now I have to close my account and open a new one because this company will not stop deducting money from my account. This is criminal and highly unethical. South Florida Nutrition clearly knows that they are ripping people off and should be put out of business. Please do not buy any products from this company!!

Ms

Comments

• Ms
      21st of Mar, 2009

BEWARE OF ANY TRIAL PRODUCTS ESPECIALLY RESVERATROL ULTRA!!! This company also operates as FWM Laboratories selling ACAI BERRY and other products. They ship the "so-called" 14 day trial of this product so that it arrives on the 14th day and then they charge you for the product. Because the refund policy says that they will automatically charge your credit card on the 15th day they can get away with stealing money from you. Once they have access to your credit/debit card they will continue to keep charging your account. You will have to cancel your card and get a new number to stop their access to your account. Do this immediately! Don't wait. The longer you wait, the more money they will steal from you.

MW
    California

• Pr
      15th of May, 2009

the same happened to me, but they refunded my money.. completely except the 5 initial dollars