Aarons / unauthorized payment!

1 Aramingo AvePhiladelphia, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 215-423-3000

I rent a sofa, loveseat, tables and lamps from Aarons sales and lease. I admit my payment is late but i always make arrangements for payment within reasonable amount of time. a few months ago I was asked to come into the store and have a copy of my credit card on file for when I called the store i could authorize payments without having to go into the store. I asked specifically... you will not charge my card unless I call to authorize a payment right. I was assured no payments would be processed unless I called in first. Well it just so happens I checked my bank account today and they ran a payment thru that overdrew my checking account. I admit again the payment is late but they had no right to do what they did. Knowing the character of the people that work in that store how do I know they won't now use my card for personal use also! someone please tell me how i should handle this situation???

I feel violated!

El

Comments

• Kl
      24th of Jun, 2008

Call the bank and tell them you did not authorize the charge, Bank of America I know will give you that credit back, pending their investigation of it. In the mean time. Tell the bank you want to cancell that card, and they will issue you a new card. Do not give Aaron's the new card info until you make that payment over the phone. Then they can only charge when you call. If they keep your card info and charge it with out you calling then you and legal standing.