Aamco / radio ad says free inspection

To whom it may concern:
I took my 2001 Honda Odyssey Van to Aamco in Signal Hill on Friday, Nov. 24th to have my transmission looked because it was giving me problems on my way home from work. I heard on the radio that Aamco was financing and doing FREE INSPECTIONS. My van was looked over and I was told by Richard (don't know his last name), that the transmission was damaged and needed to be replaced. It was going to cost me $4210.02. First of all my van isn't worth that much to be fixed and I was going to have them fix it but decided to junk it instead. I told Richard to don't do anything to the van and that I will pick it up and junk it. He told me that it was going to cost me $595 for the labor. All that was done to the van was the inspection and the labor charge was if I approved for them to repair it. If it says FREE INSPECTION, why am I being charged for labor that wasn't done? If I end up paying the $595 to get my van, I expect a full refund. You can contact me at [protected] and my name is Mina Lozano. I expect to pick up my van on Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017 and I hope that by the time I get the van, you have contacted them to solve this issue.
Mina Lozano