A & E Factory Service / worst service ever

1 Nationwide, CA, United States Review updated:

I called A&E to repair my KitchenAid oven and microwave door springs. On the first service call, the tech said he'd have to order parts. Ten days passed, parts arrived, and late in the day of the scheduled install, the tech called to say he was sick. He rescheduled. On the reschedule day the dispatcher called us in the afternoon to say the tech was still sick (No backup?) and rescheduled.

On the fourth try a tech showed up, fixed the microwave door, and said he didn't know enough to fix the oven door. He rescheduled.

On the fifth try, a new tech looked at the oven door and said the first tech had ordered the wrong parts. He ordered more parts and rescheduled.Ten days passed.

On the sixth try, after waiting until 6PM for a 1-5 service call, I called the 800 number and the tech called me back to say it was too late in the day. I told him I wanted service the next business day, in the morning. He said he'd try.

It's 10 AM on that next day, and I've had nary a phone call. Six service calls and they missed three. Only one did any good. Meanwhile I've lost six otherwise-productive half days waiting for service.

Va

Comments

14th of Dec, 2009

I had the pleasure of working with this amazing repair service over the last week or so. (sarcasm)

1. I called Kitchenaid for an appointment, and they set one up for me with A&E. I provided two phone numbers because my cell phone does not always work in my office. A&E only called my cell phone, not my office line, so they marked me as "not home" even after I confirmed with Kitchenaid that they provided the repair tech with BOTH numbers.

2. Second try. They rescheduled me for 4 days later, between 8 and 12. I stayed home from work so I knew I couldn't miss the call. At 9:30, I called and asked if they had an ETA and the rep said they will call before noon. 11:30, no call, I called the same 800 number again and they had NO RECORD of my appointment. Very agitated at this point. Rescheduled for the following Monday.

3. Third time's a charm? I called A&E in the morning to confirm my appointment between 1 and 5. The rep said I would get a call from the service tech on my work line. I got the call, and he said he would be at my place within an hour but might hit traffic so he would call when he is closer to my neighborhood (told him to call when he's 15 mins away to give me time to get home). Got a call from him saying he was 5 minutes away, rushed home and got there within 10 minutes. My doorman said no one showed up yet. At that moment, got a voicemail from A&E saying the technician left because I was not home. ???? Then, I saw the A&E truck driving away, tried chasing it down the street but they didn't see me. Immediately called A&E and told them to send him back. They said he left because he could not find parking, and asked for me to PAY for garage parking. After I just saw him drive by at least 2 open parking spots. I said fine, I will pay, just send him back. Waited outside for 15 minutes, he didn't come back. Called back, and they said that he marked me as "not home" and I'd have to reschedule. Screamed at them quite a bit, filed a complaint (yeah, lets see where THAT gets me) and called a local repair person.

SO happy I am paying for my oven repair out of my own pocket rather than through the warranty. I will be posting my complaint on any site I can, and filing a complaint through the Better Business Bureau.