8ta / Late delivery, incorrect account, bad service

1 South Africa Review updated:

I recently ordered/purchased the 10Gig promo that 8ta was offering:

Firstly; 8ta failed to deliver on the sim card (as promised) on time(5 days late).

8ta then proceeded to block my usage prematurely when my they suspended my Internet when my account showed that they were in fact in error.
( Included data:10 GB
GPRS: 2 MB remaining 3070 MB used. )

When trying to resolve this error:
There "helplines" listed under "value added services" on there website are constantly engaged (even though they are supposedly listed as 24 hour services).
When you finally manage to get through, follow the voice prompts and then directed to wait for a call centre operator you have to wait an additional 28 minutes until you give up...

8ta's service is obviously lacking in many regards.

Comments

30th of Oct, 2011

A cell phone(nokia x201) was delivered to me on 18.10.2011 but up to today the sim card has not yet been activated yet its supposed to be activated within 48hours.I have spent more than R400 calling the 0861939351 without help. my contact no is 0798578073

• Re
      9th of Nov, 2011

I recently paid for a 8ta sim swap and 8 days later and two visits to the Telkom Direct Tygervally Shop the sim card is still not activated.Let's hope today is the day ."3rd time is a charm" I wish

• Ve
      18th of Dec, 2013

My contract has expired, and I sended through a request to cancel my account. The email for cancellation was read on 08-11-2013, but on 18-12-2013 when I phoned to find out when the debit order will be stopped, there was still no record on the system of my request to cancel the contract.