2002 Chrysler Town and Country / Blower motor

1 OH, United States Review updated:

Recently our 2002 Chrysler Town and Country heater would not turn off or change to a low setting for that matter. We have replaced the relays and fuse for the blower, but nothing has worked. Not knowing what else to do I have been looking on google to see if anyone else has experianced this same problem. I was really in shock in just how many people had the same problem on 01-05 chrysler vehicles! There are many who say to replace the blower motor resistor block. There are also lots of people who say they have replaced the resistors multiple times and it keeps going out. There was a few people who commented that the blower motor should be replaced because it is what causes the resistors to go out, due to it not working as well.

The reason I am posting this is that I think it is really bad for so many people to be having this same issue with the same type of vehicles. In my opinion this should be some sort of recall issue if everyone is having the same problem with vehicles this new! In pricing the blower motor I have found it is about $400.00, but the real question is why are they all going out on this vehicle, not just a few here and there?

Comments

• To
      7th of Jun, 2008

My blower will not turn off either. It is really annoying.

• To
      30th of Jun, 2009

Tonia McGhee reporting in for my mother Emogene Smith, her blower motor will not turn off either. what is our best option. yes it is very annoying

28th of Sep, 2009

My T&C 2004 will work on high only. Replaced two resistors, first one lasted for a week, 2nd one for a day. Have not yet replaced the blower motor, if somebody has experience in replacing the blower, please post. - DS

• Co
      26th of Apr, 2010

SUPRISE SUPRISE!! I also have this problem!! Getting ready to purchase a new blower motor resistor, hoping this fixes the proble, ! I DO NOT have the money to continue to replace this part constantly nor do I have enough to replace the entire blower motor..( $400) I am a single mother of 2 who is also a full time student, for now I absolutely NEED this van to function properly until I graduate!! Is there anyone that knows the steps or how to get Chrysler to consider a recall on these parts??

Concerned Jess

• Ec
      13th of Jan, 2011

I also have a junk heap that continuously has problems, I have read the posts in here and found a site that appears to have the blower motor for a lot less than $400. I hope it helps and everyone can control their heat, WAY TO GO CHRYSLER!!! Below is the website address.

• Sw
      5th of Feb, 2011

im wondering why mechanics are not testing the blower motor once they replace the resistor? because correct me if im wrong but wouldnt you wonder why the resistor went out in the first place? just saying? so im in the process of changing the blowermotor in my girlfriends 02 town & country because a garage just got done replacing the resistor yesterday and it already does not work again. good luck to all with this problem!

• Da
      2nd of Jul, 2011

I also have this issue with my 02 town and country. My van has 105, 500 on it and runs good except the loud noise from under the hood is annoying. Mine actually starts to get hot of I'm driving it but gets all the way to the orange patch when stopped at a light or whatever I usually turn it off but when I turn it back on its still high. I am a young single mom with 4 kids one with special needs I can't afford a lot so what should I do? I hate to buy and fix things for it to still not work. Has anyone heard about any recalls issued by Chrysler???

• Mi
      14th of Oct, 2011

anyone need to replace the wiring harness? Mine had a melt down on my 2002 Sebring $600.00+ ouch. And I have replaced 3 resistors.

• Tt
      4th of Nov, 2013

If the Power module resister keeps going bad after replacement, then you should replace the blower motor at the same time...It is most likely the true root cause of the problem.

29th of Jun, 2014

I have a 2002 town and country with the climate control, 3 zone.. and same problem now. blew the computer power module. replaced it with a Borg Warner part.. Worked for about a day and it blew again. van has 68, 000 miles in PERFECT condition. At first I was told the power head went out. "The control panel" and I said NO WAY. Not at these miles. so now they say the blower motor is bad... at these low miles makes me wonder. I got a blower motor from advance auto for $85.00 so I don't know about this $400.00 deal. hope its the right one. Now, there is the screw from HELL on the blower motor housing.. I have been trying to get it out.. And I cant EVEN imagine how I will get it back in if I get it out.. And I don't get it !!! The blower motor runs GOOD !!! No noise, No rattles, No grinding, No Nothing... I remember the day when you owned a Chrysler, you had a NICE piece of equipment. Now its JUNK. and I see ALOT of people having this problem. It's a RECALL issue to me and Chrysler is NOT standing by there product. so now, the saga continues and I am still going at this issue. I am no virgin to working on cars. I built drag cars for years and old hot rods also, repair small engines and build hot rod riding mowers that go 100 + mph.. But this van has me going.. This is driving me crazy.. nice job Chrysler !!! any one want to buy a 02 town and country ?? i will just buy a 65 mustang with a straight 6 cyl and a under the dash air unit and get rid of this NEWER JUNK !!!